Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089552 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10710 on: June 27, 2014, 10:10:24 pm »

It feels like every faction I play is considered the bads of the server, at least for most of my stay. First it was mattherson TR, then waterson NC, now emerald NC. The only way around it is to play the VS, apparently. Or maybe I'm just that bad :P

I still have an unreal dislike for the VS, though. Bad eyesight + purple camo + dark indarian nights = ughhh just kill me
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:13:04 pm by Rex_Nex »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10711 on: June 28, 2014, 04:04:38 am »

The circle cammo is actually rather good at nights for all factions, even TR.

Although TR's works best on indar at day and night break.
NC and VS both can use theirs all night long though...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10712 on: June 28, 2014, 07:55:59 am »

GOKU

I remember at one point there was an entire platoon of Lashers murdering everybody from the top of that cliff.

That can't be accurate of course. According to Goons who can read SA unlike me, on the SA and other forums portions of GOKU claim their outfit doesn't use the Lasher because it's so bad and needs a buff. Lancers too. Seeing both used in every fight they've been in since ZOE's days doesn't mean anything, they are both obviously bad and not used by Goku. Certainly not in massive numbers in situations such as the above quote or sitting on hills and destroying armor columns from out of infantry render range. Accounts like the above quote are simply attempts to tarnish the well deserved reputation they have garnered for themselves on Mattherson/Emerald.

EDIT:

Update Notes 06/27

Downtime Start: 6am PDT

Continents will now correctly lock to the Alert victor upon the completion of the Alert
    Since Hossin is a brand new continent that we want everyone to enjoy, we've temporarily disabled all Hossin alerts to prevent Hossin from being locked through alerts. Hossin can still be locked through territory domination, however.
    Latest Hossin map
    Fixed the spawn room shields at Nason's Defiance
    Removal of redundant FX on some plants in Hossin
    Server performance fix
    All reinforcement spawn points will now turn off once a faction has greater than 50% population in the region.
    Outfit Browser: Will now only show outfits from your own server
   Updated the notification for facility capture to include more details on the dominant outfit

All reinforcement spawn points will now turn off once a faction has greater than 50% population in the region.

:o
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:53:29 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10713 on: June 28, 2014, 08:53:51 am »

What exactly does that mean? Which spawn points, and whose population?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10714 on: June 28, 2014, 08:55:57 am »

Spawn points that are enabled by the Reinforcement Needed markers placable by people who cert into the Leadership perks. They're different from the spawn points that are enabled next to an allied base that's under attack.

Just plop the reinforcement marker next to a base you want to move to, then it gets enabled and your entire empire can spawn there.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: June 28, 2014, 10:33:44 am »

What exactly does that mean? Which spawn points, and whose population?
See above

What it actually means, however, is that once the population becomes about evenly matched the base is not longer considered in need of reinforcements, so the spawn point goes away for people who are not in nearby lattices. It's to encourage more even popped fights instead of people placing down a reinforcement spawn and then have a couple platoons pop out of the spawn room against a squad-sized population.

Speaking of population, I saw an interesting video the other day about how the population meter doesn't mean anything and should instead be replaced by a 'forces' meter of some sort. Basically three people in a liberator or tank should count more towards 'population' than three guys on the ground. Many 'even popped' fights I've been to have one faction circling a tower with liberators, tanks, and ESF's while the defenders are pretty much stuck in the tower.

Now that Hossin is out I'm waiting for the Valkrye, sitting on about three thousand certs =p

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: June 28, 2014, 12:23:30 pm »

Ah, okay. That makes sense, thanks for the explanation. Hopefully this means more even fights.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10717 on: June 28, 2014, 12:36:52 pm »

Wow, I just got the new all-faction shotgun. This is how shotguns are supposed to be, not this "you have to be right up in their faces to do more than tickle them" crap.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: June 28, 2014, 01:51:06 pm »

Wow, I just got the new all-faction shotgun. This is how shotguns are supposed to be, not this "you have to be right up in their faces to do more than tickle them" crap.
Which gun is the new one?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10719 on: June 28, 2014, 01:55:14 pm »

The NS Baron? I haven't really tried shotguns myself so I don't know how good it is. I usually only pull mine out when attacking or defending a tower where light assaults like to play. (EDIT: I'd also like to point out that shotgun pellets aren't really good for armor penetration in reality, especially at range, so that's probably why you can only tickle people at longer ranges without slugs =p )

I've started using the default gauss rifle again after using the Carnage for a while, I forgot just how good this gun is. I still pull my carnage out for close in fights but the gauss rifle is good at literally any range, and the recoil is so manageable that you can forego the vertical grip and put a laser on for better CQB.

I wonder what the other faction's 167 damage rifles (Corvus and SABR) are like. I notice only NC have 200 damage rifles.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:59:21 pm by OzyTheSage »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10720 on: June 28, 2014, 02:22:06 pm »

The Baron has an excellent pellet spread, and a pretty good CoF when ADSing for long range work. However it has reduced damage, and a very poor reload speed -- even after the recent buff.

It's not bad, but I'm not sure it's better than the free, low spread/fast reload shotgun. It's stats suggest it could be an excellent option with slugs, but I haven't trade that.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: June 28, 2014, 02:25:06 pm »

Yeah, it has a tighter cone of fire than other shotguns, and it's semi-auto but it reloads one shell at a time like a pump action. Honestly the differences between weapons in the same class are fairly minimal, it's probably better to start with the free one and only spend your certs or cash if you're sure it's worth it. Nothing worse than spending 1K certs and then finding out you don't like the weapon.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10722 on: June 28, 2014, 02:35:13 pm »

Every weapon has a 'trial' button so you can try it out before spending money on it, but you can only try it again in 30 days. Then there's VR training but those enemies won't shoot back at you.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: June 28, 2014, 03:29:57 pm »

I hate the piece meal approach of making the battle islands with continent locking. It doesn't give any thing good to gameplay when a faction can go lawl and overload a continent. It would have made better sense of working a way to make beachheads/bridgeheads at certain parts of the fields where the factions can still work their way in on an equal setting, since this is supposed to be a competitive game. Not a mob one faction into all the continents.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: June 28, 2014, 03:45:56 pm »

It's still a work in progress, they plan to give all the factions one home continent and allow them to push other factions off via invading their warpgate. That's the last I heard anyways.

I've started using the default gauss rifle again after using the Carnage for a while, I forgot just how good this gun is. I still pull my carnage out for close in fights but the gauss rifle is good at literally any range, and the recoil is so manageable that you can forego the vertical grip and put a laser on for better CQB.

I wonder what the other faction's 167 damage rifles (Corvus and SABR) are like. I notice only NC have 200 damage rifles.

I use the Gauss S assault rifle for the smoke launcher and I like it. It's not so good close up in my opinion though; you'll lose a lot at those ranges and not just to shotguns.

I hardly ever die to the Corvus but the SABR is really good, probably the best burst mode weapon in the game.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:49:33 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 826