Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089935 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10800 on: July 04, 2014, 01:26:11 pm »

Yeah, kudos for picking the correct faction ;)
Correct if you like blue shotguns, that is. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10801 on: July 04, 2014, 01:35:20 pm »

And FREEDOM 8)
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: July 04, 2014, 02:46:00 pm »

Considering what country I live in, it's an apt choice to say the least... :P

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: July 04, 2014, 04:09:12 pm »

how much am I going to suck in the first hours?
And remember, the BR90+ guy who shoots you will probably feel really guilty about it.

I'm not 90+ yet but yesterday I was on Hossin with an airhammer.

I have scout radar and I was flying back towards a big fight from repairing after I took some AA hits.

I was flying over a usually empty base one lattice link back from where the fight was going on, in other words uncapturable.

I see two red dots (red for TR) and I turn around to inspect why there are some infantry there. I see a max on the ground looking at me but not shooting bursters, so I hit manual throttle to slow down to hover mode and empty the airhammer on him. It kills him without him even moving or shooting me and it turns out he's BR 5.

I see another dot and there is another TR max just looking at me, possibly with sadness after seeing me destroy his buddy. So I did the same thing out of reflex and land the whole magazine on him when he turns to run away. The last shot in the magazine hits him right as he starts going though a doorway into a building where he would be covered and he dies.

BR 1.  :-[

Also NC's music is the most badass thing ever. Just saying.

Yeah I still like it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:12:32 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: July 04, 2014, 04:18:25 pm »

Miller killed any sympathy I had for low BRs. Back when they thought themselves as the "skillful server," I decided that anyone I killed there clearly needed the welcome. This attitude transitions to the other "skillful server" of Emerald quite well.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10805 on: July 04, 2014, 04:41:25 pm »

... and it turns out he's BR 5.

I see another dot and there is another TR max just looking at me, possibly with sadness after seeing me destroy his buddy. So I did the same thing out of reflex and land the whole magazine on him when he turns to run away. The last shot in the magazine hits him right as he starts going though a doorway into a building where he would be covered and he dies.

BR 1.  :-[

Just two newbs out for a walk in their cool new max suits and you just gun them down. :-(

wow
such sad
much sorrow
wow
great feels
no like
low happy

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10806 on: July 04, 2014, 05:15:08 pm »

I still feel kinda bad about killing low battle rank people when it is clear that they are new to the game, low battle ranks that are obviously experienced players playing a different faction are another story. I remember just a couple weeks ago I was in a platoon 2 squads strong and we were trying to win a territory alert on Amerish. A minute or so after we start capturing people start showing up, and the first in the fight were a bunch of BR<5's that basically just got obliterated by me while doing almost no damage to me or even noticing I was there.

Part of me wishes that with the new mentor program you can send little messages to low BR people that you kill telling them what they did wrong... but there's a saying that goes something like "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
Also NC's music is the most badass thing ever. Just saying.
Very rarely will I have music enabled in an FPS

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10807 on: July 05, 2014, 10:30:25 am »

I just had a really sweet run in Periphery's shrieking battle bus. It seemed like it could not die. We were just melting the TR infantry, and killing their tanks and AMS sundies. Then the VS moved in. We must have killed close to 20 tanks from either side, almost 200 infantry, what seemed like a dozen ams sundies, put a couple esfs on fire for assists, a liberator that crashed trying to tankbuster us, and one lone galaxy that decided to land so we could blast it. I'm not sure what we killed between me and the other gunners who alternated in and out but the above seems about right and is still a conservative estimate.

The TR just kept coming back and it eventually turned into a three way fight. It was by far the best battle bus run I've been on and during double xp too! If I hadn't been constantly shooting, watching for people to shoot or repairing I would have remembered to equip one of my free boosters hoarded for such a moment.

Several times we were on fire but made it around a corner or through the vehicle shields before exploding to hop out and repair.

We did that for about 45 minutes or so it feels like. During that time it was continuous use of a single battle bus, no respawning required. We finally died when their population was 65% and they had a good sized air squadron to keep us from repairing places other than under the tower.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:42:25 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10808 on: July 05, 2014, 03:37:57 pm »

Popped back after an extended absence to find 2000 certs from refunds (spent 1k of them) and rubber sprayed on the bottom of my drop pod.

Seriously, they have been bouncing all over the place. Three times on the same tree, deflecting me by several hundred meters, then once off the top of a tech plant. That time I just went straight back up. And up. And up. And then redeployed because 20,000m altitude apparently breaks the game badly.

I also had a gal drop bounce me sideways at high speed past the enemy forces and right behind their tank line, but got killed before I could pull out the C4.

Also had a great moment today. Running with the Jesters at the moment. A group of us had circled around behind the enemies main defensive line. We cleared one side of a building and a full squad stepped around the corner. And were instantly all roadkilled by a single BR11 Harasser.

Finding this site useful. You can import your current certs and plan out future purchases. It's nice to have things in one place again, the way it should be.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:25:38 pm by palsch »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10809 on: July 05, 2014, 09:21:46 pm »

I never knew you could click to expand them!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: July 06, 2014, 07:24:09 pm »

Don't buy attachments for SC.

I did, because I thought the attachments would unlock for all weapons.

They don't.

I bought six of them and SOE support is willing to refund me the purchase of one.

I'm pretty miffed about this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: July 06, 2014, 07:45:57 pm »

I bought one simply because I accidentally clicked the wrong button XD

It would make sense for them to unlock for all weapons or at least for all weapons of the same class, unlocking them with SC is just sooo silly considering how cheap they are cert-wise.
I never knew you could click to expand them!
This comment has had me curious for a while, what are you clicking and what are you expanding?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: July 06, 2014, 08:27:52 pm »

Yes, that's the general idea behind links

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10814 on: July 06, 2014, 09:11:10 pm »

Are you being purposefully obtuse? You were asking what I was talking about, so I linked the site palsch linked to. Go look at the site. :|

Edit: Ok, click on the various cert tabs and they expand into the old cert view, showing all the stats per level. Better?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:14:42 pm by Skyrunner »

Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 826