Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089485 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10890 on: July 17, 2014, 12:40:34 pm »

Heck, just add two new types of medic guns. One with twice the range and half the revive time/healing rate at max level, and another that adds 50% damage resistance and half revive time/healing rate at max level. It would add a lot of needed variety to the medic class. Right now they're mostly good for spamming self heal in a direct firefight, reviving someone that died in a safe area, or spamming revive grenades in towers and biolabs.
Theres also the shield regen field thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: July 17, 2014, 02:30:47 pm »

It kind of bothers me when platoon/squad medics completely ignore a downed MAX and focus exclusively on their team.  Even if the MAX isn't part of your unit, ressing them only helps you in the long run, if nothing else they help draw fire away from your teammates.  And every MAX pulled in a battle is a force multiplier, even an almost useless baby MAX can soak some decent damage and has a solid chance of dealing assists.

The flaw in that is the assumption that the aim of the medic is to help win the fight. Yes, reviving a MAX draws fire away from the medic's team. Which means the medic has less healing and reviving to do, and therefore fewer certs.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: July 17, 2014, 02:46:51 pm »

One of the problems with medics and reviving (and situational awareness in general) is that the minimap is not perfect. If there's ever an implant that I would use it would be one that automatically points out things of interest around me on the HUD (I think the engagement radar for ESF's do something similar?) which would include downed friendlies who are behind me while playing medic (and not 300 feet below me, which the minimap does not convey) and perhaps even spotted enemies outside my field of view. Aircraft in general could use this sort of HUD by default/without implants to know when they are too close to friendly aircraft, since you can't really pan the camera around in third person view.

While you're sitting in the spawn screen it would also be useful to not only know where the closest medic is, but also whether or not he has his medical applicator out. Trying to respawn while being revived should also require a bit more confirmation as a couple times I have respawned just as someone starts reviving me (and I have had several people respawn as I have just started reviving them, too.)

I also wish that the death screen wouldn't go away from mouse clicks, it kinda encourages people to see how well they did during their last life and too often I find myself clicking past it. Sure, it was a bit annoying when mouse clicks didn't work on it, but I quickly got used to hitting spacebar instead. This would also allow you to hover your mouse or click on certain points in the timeline to get more info if you wanted to.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: July 17, 2014, 03:46:09 pm »

While you're sitting in the spawn screen it would also be useful to not only know where the closest medic is, but also whether or not he has his medical applicator out.

Not to mention whether your corpse is even still there or has despawned already.

Yes, I know you can hide the HUD to take a look, but 90% of the time there's a ceiling in the way.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: July 17, 2014, 04:01:14 pm »

A countdown timer would be nice, "X seconds until revives disabled" would be sufficient enough, I've had times where people are screaming out in proximity chat to revive them but they don't understand that, no matter how many times I try to explain to them, corpses disappear after 30 seconds.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: July 17, 2014, 06:25:31 pm »

Main thing I'd disagree with is the odd dislike of the Halberd.

I didn't say it was bad or that I didn't like it. Hell, halberd harassers were awesome back in the day (maybe still are, haven't played harasser enough recently). Its probably the best NS tank secondary in the game, but that doesn't change the fact that every other faction gets at least one ES secondary that is justified in using over the halberd and TR doesn't.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: July 18, 2014, 06:29:33 am »

*disclaimer* please keep in mind this entire post is in my point of view, your mileage may vary. If I seem biased against vanu its because I am, I spent the entire crabpocalypse period fighting them and to make it worse I did so on mattherson, I'm still hung up about it.

I totally understand bro

Main thing I'd disagree with is the odd dislike of the Halberd.

I didn't say it was bad or that I didn't like it. Hell, halberd harassers were awesome back in the day (maybe still are, haven't played harasser enough recently). Its probably the best NS tank secondary in the game, but that doesn't change the fact that every other faction gets at least one ES secondary that is justified in using over the halberd and TR doesn't.

I agree with this.

Halberds are good against both infantry and vehicles and they perform well at long range. Enforcer is better against vehicles if your vehicle is out of cover long enough to empty the magazine, but Halberd is better for popping in and out of cover. With Enforcer you can adjust your aim if your first rocket misses a vehicle and still have 7 or whatever rounds left to pepper them with whereas a halberd would be reloading. On the flip side if you direct hit an infantry with a halberd, he's most likely going to die while the enforcer takes two hits (I think). Halberd also has slightly better splash area if I remember correctly. Halberd is probably better on the harasser because you can fire it, then have the gunner drive behind a hill or something while it reloads, and then emerge again.

As far as TR's ES tank secondaries go, I agree, they were a bit over nerfed. However they were also a bit too strong before the nerfs, notably Vulcans but to a lesser extent the Marauder. The Vulcan just obliderated vehicles and was especially strong on a Harrasser, as at the time Harrassers were absurdly durable what with the better resists than live and the 100% 3rd seat repairs. The Marauder had a tad too much splash damage, that was my main complaint with it.

If you played TR in beta, for a short while the Vulcan was the AI weapon on the Prowler, and it was AWESOME. It had !500! rounds in the magazine. I drove around a prowler and once I sat it in the vehicle corridor in the tech plants and alternated splashing groups of vanu with the main cannons, then while it reloaded switching to secondary and just mowing them down with it. It was a thing of beauty and terror (for them)

I've always thought the prowler could use a chaingun like that again that has a big cof unlike the kobalt but has 500 rapidly firing rounds in the magazine with distant damage dropoff.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:43:42 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: July 18, 2014, 08:03:25 am »

I can agree with the 500 round Vulcan with the huge ROF, terrible COF, and middling damage.  If you're giving them a chaingun, give them one that feels like a chaingun.

The same argument applies to the MCG, but of course to a lesser extent.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: July 19, 2014, 05:47:29 am »

Holy shit.

Birgirpal on Planetside 2!

Not only that but by pure magic, they're doing it on Emerald NC.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: July 19, 2014, 08:39:20 am »

Higby pls.
Discussing the idea of giving The Brawler - the Auraxium variant of the NC Mauler shotgun - an underbarrel shotgun.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10900 on: July 19, 2014, 09:30:04 am »

Auraxium variant?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10901 on: July 19, 2014, 09:32:46 am »

Higby pls.
Discussing the idea of giving The Brawler - the Auraxium variant of the NC Mauler shotgun - an underbarrel shotgun.
Fuck yeah.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: July 19, 2014, 11:38:36 am »

Auraxium variant?

Special versions of certain faction default weapons unlocked for achieving certain 'directives'. They have attachments not available to the defaults but the attachments are all permanently attached, so basically are part of the stock weapon. The directives look like getting the Auraxium medal for five of the other weapons in that class.

Details of a few here, plus gifs showing off the unique moving skins. The only other one I know the stats of is the GODSAW (yeah...), NC's Auraxium LMG. It's a Gauss SAW with permanent expanded mag (150 rounds) and no short reload, with slightly worse moving accuracy. Can't remember what sight or barrel attachment it comes with though.

EDIT: If what I'm reading now is accurate, the LMGs all get a compensator that give the advantages of a forward grip.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:40:41 am by palsch »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10903 on: July 19, 2014, 12:06:43 pm »

I hope they don't have a fixed sight. Different people like different sights.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: July 19, 2014, 12:21:57 pm »

I heard you like shotguns...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 826