Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089948 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11220 on: August 27, 2014, 06:22:12 pm »

Its beautiful when you go trolling about with a gal letting people shoot ground targets and someone gives you a fully tricked out gal to play with.
And while on Hossin.

I had fun today! And TR got rather angry with me. Dident do much tho.  :D
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11221 on: August 27, 2014, 08:44:02 pm »

Things that stuck out to me:

Players will now be notified when the sunderer that they last spawned at has been damaged or destroyed.

Players are again invulnerable inside the Warp Gates.
Ceiling flash returns (when I idle/afk in the game)

The Liberator and the Galaxy have had their physics updated with lower centers of gravity. They are now harder to flip over on less graceful takeoffs and landings.

The time and date of an outfit’s base capture has been added to the score screen.
It is now possible for up to 4 continents to unlock automatically based on server population. Previously, only up to 3 continents would unlock automatically.

NS AutoBlade now has Medals and Ribbons.
The heck is an NS Autoblade?

Fixed an issue where players could end up in a bad state of hit registration after reloading and firing exactly as the reload ended.

Better management of terrain object memory.

Galaxy wing turrets now have collision

Blast damage will now hit VR zone targets.

Fixed a bad LOD for the A30 Walker

· Lockout time on resupply XP events reduced from 3 minutes to 1 minute.
Hooray, as someone who does a lot of engineer repairs and resupplies this will help me a lot I think.

Announcements
The PS2 team wants to thank the community for setting up the external bug tracking system (http://ps2issuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa). Our QA team has been referencing it extensively and multiple bugs have been logged that we didn't have tracked before. We appreciate the efforts to keep everyone up to date; thanks!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:49:21 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11223 on: August 27, 2014, 08:51:58 pm »

Looks pretty cool except the handle. I'd rather have a Cutco grip. Is it a reskin or is it different than the base knives?

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11224 on: August 27, 2014, 08:56:29 pm »

The problem I have with a cosmetic knife is that, as far as I know, it doesn't appear on the character model anywhere (I.E. in a holster) and when you do use it it's only out for a split second, so nobody is going to notice.

Now, if they had a completely different kind of melee weapon, for example some with longer reach, slightly more damage, or had very fast 'refire' for example, that's the kind of thing I'd be interested in.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11225 on: August 27, 2014, 09:38:11 pm »

I agree, there have been times when I'd sacrifice the primary weapon slot on the Light Assault for a polearm or something.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11226 on: August 27, 2014, 09:38:57 pm »

I vote MAX Axe.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11227 on: August 27, 2014, 10:19:42 pm »

Ooh, that might be nice, being able to swap out the MAX punch for a MAX bladed arm thingie...
Same motions, but now with more sharp thingies.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11228 on: August 27, 2014, 10:51:10 pm »

It looks like a NERF knife.

Also, thank goodness, the Betelgeuse will not have SPA.

Also, the patch has been delayed.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11229 on: August 28, 2014, 02:13:25 am »

I've been playing with my engi lately, mostly with the Warden. You know... this thing isn't anything special at range, any of the longer range automatic weapons are better. But for whatever reason, when I get into CQC and start hipfiring the thing all over people, it farms K:D. Went on several 10+ kill rampages against heavies etc with it. Reminds me of a shotgun with slugs.

I still dont think the Warden is very good, but it's funny to mow down multiple heavies in knife range with a battle rifle.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11230 on: August 28, 2014, 02:33:52 am »

The problem I have with a cosmetic knife is that, as far as I know, it doesn't appear on the character model anywhere (I.E. in a holster) and when you do use it it's only out for a split second, so nobody is going to notice.

Now, if they had a completely different kind of melee weapon, for example some with longer reach, slightly more damage, or had very fast 'refire' for example, that's the kind of thing I'd be interested in.

They plan to add the ability to wield your knife much like you can a weapon. It's actually been on PTS briefly, although that was quite a while ago (couple months?) so I'm not sure why it isn't in game yet. When that hits, you'll enjoy a much better view of your knife. You'll even still be able to quick knife, and if we're really lucky, they'll forget to disable quick knife while wielded knifing for a day or two.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11231 on: August 28, 2014, 09:21:22 am »

Also, the patch has been delayed.
So the lack of newship is not just me.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11232 on: August 28, 2014, 03:12:32 pm »

They changed resupply (ammo box + ammo sundy) xp so that it now, when you hit the XP cap, it only takes 1 minute for you to start getting XP again instead of 3.

Pretty nice for a helpful engy player, like that change - but I wonder why the cap is even there. The cert flow is just so slow, if you wanted to exploit it for free certs you'd basically need to have two people scripted to drop ammo and reload the gun over and over all night. You'd think that'd be veeeerry easy to find and punish.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11233 on: August 28, 2014, 03:50:36 pm »

They changed resupply (ammo box + ammo sundy) xp so that it now, when you hit the XP cap, it only takes 1 minute for you to start getting XP again instead of 3.

Pretty nice for a helpful engy player, like that change - but I wonder why the cap is even there. The cert flow is just so slow, if you wanted to exploit it for free certs you'd basically need to have two people scripted to drop ammo and reload the gun over and over all night. You'd think that'd be veeeerry easy to find and punish.
It's there because, well, imagine you are a new player joining with say 20-30 online friends already playing. They all get together, you throw down an ammo pouch, and now its 20-30 times the xp you'd get resupplying one. A good way to get a quick start going, unless its capped.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11234 on: August 28, 2014, 04:31:02 pm »

Looks kinda neat, would rather the map be a square though. I also like having bars on the edges of the crosshair for ammo, energy, and health like it is now, and I kinda like the hud info in the center the way it is in the central hud. Might just be because I'm used to it though.

I would also like to have a topographical map instead of the textured one...

IMO they could just take a page from EQ, Rift, or most MMOs in general and have a low-level customizable interface built-in, where you can reposition various elements as you please. If the elements are low-impact as in that mock-up, then they could probably go pretty much anywhere (although things like ammo and regen would certainly benefit from context-sensitive fading).
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 826