Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089580 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11205 on: August 26, 2014, 10:25:37 pm »

So I jumped in to a Harasser on a whim and the turret weapon was godly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11206 on: August 26, 2014, 10:42:26 pm »

I just bought the PPA for my Harasser. Very first spawn, 1/3, no driver... parked it outside a base. 46 kills later, some LA finally got sick of me and blew me up. Let's see your Canister do that. :P

I knew it was easy, but I never imagined it was that easy...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #11207 on: August 26, 2014, 11:38:05 pm »

All of the PPA weapons are freaking nuts. At least you have to aim with most guns...
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11208 on: August 27, 2014, 01:04:47 am »

All of the PPA weapons are freaking nuts. At least you have to aim with most guns...
I am actually of the opinion, having run around solo with a magrider + PPA, that the VS are horribly overpowered when not simply outzerged. Our tanks can get to places they never should be able, our heavy weapon isn't just a more powerful version of the basic gun and does something unique, our special rocket launcher is hitscan, and our spandex is one size fits all.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11209 on: August 27, 2014, 01:53:08 am »

I just bought the PPA for my Harasser. Very first spawn, 1/3, no driver... parked it outside a base. 46 kills later, some LA finally got sick of me and blew me up. Let's see your Canister do that. :P

I knew it was easy, but I never imagined it was that easy...

Had the same thing happen on my first PPA experience. Granted, the clip size was nerfed since then - but that hardly touches what makes it so ridiculous. The PPA blows away every other ESAI weapon so hard that you can't even compare them without feeling sorry for the others.

#justvanuthings

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11210 on: August 27, 2014, 02:05:08 am »

I maxed out triage. I've gotten a grand total of 19xp from it since I maxed it out, from healing people who were repairing a sunderer under attack. It wouldn't be so bad if it were cheaper but 1350 certs is a steep price to do nothing you couldn't do without it.

At least it's less useless than Ammo Belt for Engineer. I've decided to completely cert out every infantry class as fully as possible (weapons excluded) so at some point I'm going to have to get that too.

I read on the PS2 forums that there was a tweet or livestream hidden in the depths of twitter where a dev said the TR Vulcan is being switched to being the Anti infantry secondary due to the difficulty of balancing it as an AV weapon and the Marauder will be switch with it to be the AV weapon. The Vulcan will be like a tank mounted Banshee and the Marauder a tank mounted Fracture.

Supposedly Higby said it on his stream.

What I really wish SOE would do is just make the Vulcan accurate. Then it would be a passable AV gun and it would give the gunner something to do while the Prowler is Anchored 500m away from everything. There's already the Shredder, which is rapid-fire long-range gun that shoots armor-piercing bullets, fires at 800 rpm, has no drop or CoF bloom, and Liberators can fire into a lot more crevices than Prowlers can, and nobody complains about how OP the Shredder is (or maybe they do) so I don't see why they couldn't give the Vulcan Shredder or near Shredder accuracy.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11211 on: August 27, 2014, 08:14:33 am »

I'll admit that it's pretty clear they have issues balancing it, since right after its big buff a few months ago, I was nearly dropped by a single one while riding a Galaxy.

As far as the Shredder goes, it may be great, but a lot of people want to run the Dalton for AA work (as much logical sense as that makes.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11212 on: August 27, 2014, 12:51:52 pm »

I don't think I've seen a single lib use a shredder since shortly after release...

Now that the Valk is nearly upon us... I'm finding myself much less enthusiastic about it than I initially was. I guess I'll wait and see how it fares in a few months after things are 'more in line'.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11213 on: August 27, 2014, 01:21:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE A MOCKUP

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11214 on: August 27, 2014, 01:43:31 pm »

Looks kinda neat, would rather the map be a square though. I also like having bars on the edges of the crosshair for ammo, energy, and health like it is now, and I kinda like the hud info in the center the way it is in the central hud. Might just be because I'm used to it though.

I would also like to have a topographical map instead of the textured one...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11215 on: August 27, 2014, 01:58:12 pm »

I don't think I've seen a single lib use a shredder since shortly after release...

I was killed by a shredde lib some months ago when flying a ESF. I saw the lib going for me and decided to dodgy by ABins under him hoping that he won gryt to shoot me with its main gun.
And i was set on fire from 100% hp.

Whne i got to see the death reccap screen i was stunned because apparently his shredder dealt 97% damage to me. And mind you i was flying past him in a ABing Maxed racer mossie with fully certed fuel tanks.
And no no idea how this happened... i just guess shredder gets some freaky damage against ESFs.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11216 on: August 27, 2014, 02:10:42 pm »

Sometimes shots lock up and all register at once, particularly if the other player was lagging. Coulda been what happened.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11217 on: August 27, 2014, 05:01:29 pm »

Patch notes. The big thing is the Valkyrie.

T9A "Butcher" (TR LMG directie reward)

Removed barrel attachment
        Hip cone of fire bloom reduced from 0.12 to 0.1
        Aimed cone of fire bloom reduced from 0.06 to 0.05
        Vertical recoil increased from 0.85 to 0.9
        Horizontal min/max recoil increased from 0.19125/0.19125 to 0.225/0.225
    Added Soft Point Ammunition

A CARV with SPA? Oh, man, I might have to give the gun a shot.

Betelgeuse 54-A (VS LMG directive reward)

Removed barrel attachment
        Min/max horizontal recoil increased from 0.17/0.19125 to 0.2/0.225
        Horizontal recoil tolerance increased from 0.85 to 0.9
        Hip cone of fire bloom per shot reduced from 0.12 to 0.1
        Aimed cone of fire bloom per shot reduced from 0.06 to 0.05
    Added Soft Point Ammunition
    Added heat mechanic

An Orion with unlimited ammo and SPA? I think I am going to hate this gun.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11218 on: August 27, 2014, 05:11:33 pm »

It sounds like they added the heat mechanics to all the VS directive rewards except the sniper rifle.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11219 on: August 27, 2014, 06:13:39 pm »

As long as you're in a fight with even one engineer who doesn't have his head up his ass you generally don't have ammo concerns.
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 826