Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084980 times)

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11295 on: September 15, 2014, 03:48:10 pm »

I've just reinstalled this again after about a year of not playing - just waiting for the last 0.8% to install.  I wonder if I'm still as useless as I used to be.  :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11296 on: September 15, 2014, 05:19:22 pm »

Resist shield increases the ammount of damage resistance with every level but it's meh now after the nerf it got. Furst the nanoweave got changed making it less synergetic and then resistance stacking was cut altogether making it pretty meh all the way.
IIRC the resist value of resist shield increases the more you level it, I might be misremembering this though

unless thats a new change, it's 45% regardless of level

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11297 on: September 15, 2014, 05:37:44 pm »

Thx Ozy for th advice!
Honestly, that last bit about the command channel was me trying to justify using the 'List' code (I like throwing formatting and code into posts for fun). Still, a newbie doesn't have much use for learning what command is doing before he even knows how to fight in a battle, but here's some advice I probably should have given instead:
If you're being farmed, go somewhere else.
If you can't get out of the spawn room without being killed moments later, then nobody else is going to try (unless they have some amazing leadership or don't care about KDR) and you're better off going somewhere useful. While X amount of the enemy are sitting outside the spawn room at one base you could be helping fight at another base. 100 players in one empty base is less useful than two people capturing different bases by themselves. Of course, that's a bit of a hyperbole, but generally you want to avoid the enemy 'zerg' unless you are part of your own zerg.

Also, if you are planning on buying any guns, and think you may decide to play other factions or servers... buying guns with certifications only unlock it for that character. even if you delete it and make another character for the same faction, that gun is lost. Buying them with station cash unlocks it account-wide, so if you have 3 characters of the same faction on different servers it unlocks for all of them. There are some weapons that are not faction specific, labelled as "NS" (Or Nanite Systems) and since they are not faction specific, using station cash to unlock them unlocks them for every character on your account. I felt this distinction needed to be made. Note that this applies for camos as well, some camos are faction specific (typically colored using faction colors) while most are not. (EDIT: Forgot to mention, more importantly, buying optics and such with station cash does not unlock that optic for every gun, or even every gun of its class.)

Don't know if I missed it, but what server did you go with?

... decided to try out the GD-22S - what a delight! [...] Haven't tried the other cqc LMG (anchor)...
They are very similar, and their similarities themselves are comparable to the Carnage AR and the GR-22. The Anchor and Carnage AR are generally people's 'favored' weapon as the GD-22S and the GR-22 fall by the wayside just judging from what the response to people in-game asking what the best LMG is. If I remember correctly, the GD-22S features more manageable recoil at the expense of ROF and muzzle velocity, plus it's only 100 certs. The Anchor favors closer engagements as it has a better ROF than the GD-22S, so you'll be killing things quicker, plus it has access to SPA which the GD-22S lacks for slightly more killing potential. Currently I'm using the LA1 Anchor with a suppressor, mainly for my directives, but my favorite LMG so far is still the EM6.

I've just reinstalled this again after about a year of not playing - just waiting for the last 0.8% to install.  I wonder if I'm still as useless as I used to be.  :P
A lot has changed. Your certifications aren't in a list anymore, they are under each specific gun, vehicle, and class. Squad lead certs are in the social tab. There are no longer 3 separate resources (air, ground, infantry) and instead one resource that applies to everything. Alerts work differently, they are all territory alerts where the winner gets a continent-specific bonus and locks the continent. Warpgates also rotate with each alert, so the odds of you fighting at the same places every day are lower. Air aces are more ace. New resource system means more vehicle spam...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 05:40:06 pm by OzyTheSage »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11298 on: September 15, 2014, 05:43:45 pm »

The loading screen will still ramble on for a sentence about the old resources anyway though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11299 on: September 15, 2014, 07:27:40 pm »

which is pretty pointless when you're never going to flick it on that long anyway.

This is usually true but sometimes those extra seconds come in handy. If you're defending a point against all directions sometimes you don't get a break in between firefights. It's times like those where the extra duration is worth it.

IIRC the resist value of resist shield increases the more you level it, I might be misremembering this though

They do not. The resistance is a flat 45% across all levels.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11300 on: September 17, 2014, 09:25:41 am »

The new optics are on PTS.

They are great. Even just shooting things in the VR it feels a lot easier to hit stuff, especially so for guns that are supposed to have low recoil and high accuracy, for which it's easier to place continuous fire. Go figure, who would have thought that having accurate sights instead of crummy misaligned sights would be a good thing for an FPS.

The iron sights are still misaligned to various degrees though. Also for some reason the NC 1x reflex is a big fat dot, which I don't like compared to the teeny weeny dots that the TR and VS 1x reflex sights have.

Also on PTS is a flash and harasser that's supposedly much harder to flip over. Haven't tried those out for myself.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11301 on: September 17, 2014, 04:59:34 pm »

The new optics are on PTS.
I can't download this fast enough, I need some sweet optics lovin'

Now if only they gave some optics to the launchers... or at least replaced the ugly ironsights they've got now with a ladder sight. I must have mentioned this at least 3 times in this topic already, but it is still unfortunately relevant.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11302 on: September 17, 2014, 05:03:33 pm »

Oh man, I'd forgotten how much I loved being a light assault.

Jetpack into an un/lightly defended enemy base.  Capture a single point.  Hide.  Wait for a guy to run in and look around.  Sees nobody.  Starts to recapture the point.  Shoot him in the head.  Jetpack away, hide elsewhere.  Rinse, repeat, laugh.

Continue until the enemy has to divert a sizeable portion of their forces (i.e. a squad or a vehicle) to deal with your lone antics.  Sap their strength continually.

It reminds me of Eric Frank Russell's Wasp, and that's a good thing.  :P

Also, is there a Bay 12 outfit still alive somewhere?  I'm not good by any stretch of the imagination, but it's more fun with non-randoms.   :)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11303 on: September 17, 2014, 05:05:36 pm »

Any faction in particular?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11304 on: September 17, 2014, 05:08:33 pm »

Any faction in particular?

Not really - I've got one light assault on each.  And I'm low-level/useless with all of them.   :P

I play on Miller though, which I think may not be the ideal for Bay12 folk (I'm in the UK).  No matter if not, was simply going to take advantage of there being an outfit if there was one.   :)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11305 on: September 17, 2014, 06:26:32 pm »

Sometimes this game aggravates me. Some skirmishing happening on the ground under a biolab. Pull a harasser with the canister. Some guy jumps in to gun for me on the way. We're driving around, I see a mine a moment before the harasser hits it, bail. Mine blows up, harasser unscathed. Guy in gunner seat mows me down as I run back thinking I'm one of the TR walking around.

Pull another harasser, lock it and equip kobalt because fuck that shit. Enemy heavy running around a tree so I can't take him out, but I manage to take out his shields with the kobalt beforehand. Jump out to finish him off with my carbine... and I teleport into space. My freefalling body eventually lands and crumples in front of him.

whyyy ps whyyy

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11306 on: September 17, 2014, 08:18:29 pm »

Okay I'm on PTS right now. I'll give a quick rundown of how I feel about the different optics, first impression.
First, off, every optics is perfectly aligned to the center of the screen, which is great. They do not rotate with the gun, which is a bit odd but isn't much of a problem (when moving, the animation shows the gun tilting slightly but the projections do not rotate with the weapon).

Something I've noticed is that the reticles do not change in intensity regardless of day or night, so they may be more difficult to see on lighter backgrounds. None of the optics are illuminated, meaning that during daytime they will be bright and perhaps hard to see (This applies to overlay sights as well, they are all black so are harder to see at nighttime). Illuminated optics are generally dark in the daytime and then 'light up' at night. Currently all the reticles appear to be a light red color, light red as in 'almost pink', but it could be because of the strange saturation value on them. They aren't 'bright' like a laser, the middle isn't a tiny white dot with red surrounding it, for example. So... while they may not look like actual holo sights, the parallax-free aiming is going to be a very welcome change =3

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11307 on: September 17, 2014, 09:17:21 pm »

The VS 2x still has those teal dashes on the edges with the red dot?

I'm happy then. (I suppose I should try some other optics in VR at somepoint, but I like that that quite a bit and I don't usually play with snipers.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #11308 on: September 20, 2014, 03:58:57 am »

Playing as a stalker is ridiculously fun, if terribly bad for my K/D ratio.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11309 on: September 20, 2014, 08:12:41 pm »

Someone was kind enough to make an image with all the sights, but it would have been better if he chose a single point of reference so you can compare the sight pictures more easily.
Large image
Top to bottom is TR, NC, Vanu. Left to right it's
4x 'marksman' - 4x 'holo' - 3.4x 'marksman' - 3.4x 'holo' - 2x - 1x

In them you can kinda see what I mean about the reticles not being 'bright' but instead a bit of an odd reddish pink color. Still leagues better than the pitch black ones we currently have.
I want them =(
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 826