Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084900 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11340 on: September 30, 2014, 09:03:52 pm »

Ive tried running a gal with things other than flares, it just dosent seem to work for me.

It was on Hossin, but I was kinda close to them... Its fun flying under trees.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: October 01, 2014, 08:12:41 pm »

Have some patch notes for tomorrow's update.
Basically: Halloween event.

Also of interest, directives can be tracked on the HUD now (for those who care about directives). New sights are being implimented, and if you've been reading the last few pages this is basically all I've been talking about XD . Flash now has a swivel chair as its rumble seat, which looks a bit silly but now makes being a passenger a bit more fun.
XP gain regarding control points and 'spawn camping' are being reworked. You get XP constantly for being within an objective area. This seems a bit odd to me, as you don't necessarily have to be on an objective in order to defend it, you could be holding down a chokepoint leading to it for example.

Those of you playing on lower graphics settings will also be pleased to hear that the cloaking effect is being reworked a bit so that cloakers are still visible to an extent on lower settings.

Sky whales actually get a whale horn now... as if there weren't already enough obnoxious horns in the game already >__>

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: October 01, 2014, 08:32:17 pm »

Sky whales actually get a whale horn now... as if there weren't already enough obnoxious horns in the game already >__>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-1Dwn0rmbE
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11343 on: October 01, 2014, 09:57:01 pm »

Not thrilled about losing the daily certs, but at least other XP gains have gone up somewhat?

Also, theorycrafting: A Decimator/Phoenix shot and 12 rounds from a Fury to the rear of an MBT will leave it hurt enough to be finished off with an explosive crossbow bolt. Any Emerald NC heavies feel like padding their x-bow's VKPH with me?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: October 01, 2014, 10:15:46 pm »

So I just bought C4 for my Light Assault and holy shit it's so much fun. Run up to peeps, drop a stick, watch the bodies fly. (not really, no ragdolling in PS2). I managed to take out a Sundy that helped stall NC's biolab assault while we capped one of their bases, knocking them out of the fight, so we could take it to the spandex clad Vanu.

In another instance, I bricked a skyguard lightning, which apparently saved our Galaxy flying overhead. (I hear if you're trying to farm certs, you should aim for a score of ~10k/hr. I was managing 16k.)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: October 02, 2014, 04:18:45 am »

carv buff

This is something I thought SOE would never do.

I can't really tell if the gun is any better though. It seems to stay on target slightly better but it still has its characteristic side-to-side jitter. Foregrip mandatory, of course.

I'm looking forward to playing tomorrow. The new scopes are a big deal.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #11346 on: October 02, 2014, 05:12:23 am »

I haven't played in a while. Is everything better now? :o

I stopped playing roughly around the resource overhaul part 1.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: October 02, 2014, 05:34:35 am »

IIRC they broke everything they did in OMFG, so if performance is an issue, don't expect playing to be fun.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: October 02, 2014, 07:37:59 am »

IIRC they broke everything they did in OMFG, so if performance is an issue, don't expect playing to be fun.

Good thing they spent several months working on it!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: October 02, 2014, 09:28:56 am »

Has there been any more word on that engi turret overhaul that was mentioned months back?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: October 02, 2014, 09:49:22 am »

The game is better in a few ways, but they also made some changes that made it worse (people now call it redeployside). Spawning directly on sunderers and galaxies, spawning lightnings from sunderer terminals, the fact that you rarely ever run out of resources as long as you stay alive for a minute or two etc. I can't say anything about performance since the only performance enhancement I've ever noticed has been when they added the quick spawn, which also made it so you don't have to sit through a loading screen when respawning at the same base you died at.
Has there been any more word on that engi turret overhaul that was mentioned months back?
I honestly wish they would make an alternative deployable to the engi turret, perhaps like some kind of shield or barrier. It would have some physical object somewhere, maybe either at the sides or directly where it's placed that would become damaged as the shield takes damage, similar to generators and shields in Tribes 2 (If I remember correctly) or some other kind of vulnerability. I only really ever use my engi turret, when I do play engi, as a shield for cover.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: October 02, 2014, 02:51:33 pm »

The engine turret does make wonderful cover. Used it once like that on a very long narrow firing line with my battle rifle. Pick off stragglers, but when they tried to rush hop on and open fire.  Really did hold that corridor a lot longer then I should have. A heavy should have dropped me fast.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: October 02, 2014, 03:00:08 pm »

Holy hell. I am LOVING this patch.

I can effectively play infiltrator again with decent FPS.

And the sights are AWESOME.

And it feels like the loading times are smaller and it runs at least slightly faster.

I think I'm going to be playing less CSGO now. :p
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: October 02, 2014, 03:07:01 pm »

Yeah, this is a really good patch. Everything seems to be working and I seem to have gotten a fps boost as well.

Also the sights are great. Not having any ambiguity about where to shoot is fantastic.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: October 02, 2014, 03:27:26 pm »

Oh. And actual reflex sights. The way they work IRL.

<3

Disclaimer: I've only played for ~20 minutes, but oooh.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 826