Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089694 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11895 on: December 25, 2015, 04:19:56 am »

BUMP FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
New updates coming, including resource gathering and base building. User created structures can be extremely defensive and also generate victory points which can help lock a continent down for one faction and generate a huge amount of experience points for all involved.

Yours truly is playing fairly regularly on TR as mainly heavy assault and sunderer pilot. I could be convinced to pick up some certs for spawning into airships so we can do shock drops onto enemy victory bases and mess them up.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #11896 on: December 25, 2015, 04:39:33 am »

Would play but my desktop is borked... for some reason the C: drive only is locked down. And by only, I really mean only: you can't make folders or edit folder names in C but you CAN edit stuff under C, eg C:\Program Files. Is this divine punishment for those programs that install stuff directly into C instead of Program Files? Either way, I don't know how to fix it so I can't really install anything more :x

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: December 25, 2015, 04:54:43 am »

Sounds like it's time to reformat! Fresh start still speed you up too!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #11898 on: December 25, 2015, 06:27:08 am »

When my dad brings the Windows 10 CD I shall...

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11899 on: December 25, 2015, 06:35:48 am »

You can download it. The code is what you pay for, the actual os is relatively easy to get. If you know what you're doing at all, you can mount it on a flash drive. To be honest, I just redid 7 on my new machine and have been procrastinating on putting in the code.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #11900 on: December 25, 2015, 07:09:16 am »

The CD has the license key, I think.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: December 25, 2015, 12:03:08 pm »

Are you playing on Emerald, Girlinhat? My main is NC but I'd play TR if it means being in more organized squads (even if I do like the NC guns and tanks better). At the moment, however, my time is being taken up by Helldivers.

Daybreak are doing a lot of makeovers to the bases for the next patch. You can find the proposed patch notes here. Right now you can test things out if you're on the test server (which requires a separate client), and while the changes aren't final it's very likely this stuff is going through to the update coming Soon™ January given their track record for not changing this sort of stuff.
Somebody made an imgur album of 100 images showcasing the new base changes, including the new warpgate layout. Here.

One of the big changes they're making is related to leadership. Platoons have always been what cause those huge fights that everybody raves about, but running and managing one has always been... rather terrible to say the least. Hopefully these new changes will make it more tolerable to squad and platoon leaders alike.
Heavy shields are getting a nerf too.
Battle Rifles look like they're being buffed a little.
Flash suppressors are losing their COF bloom thing, which is good because I like using flash suppressor on my guns.
And finally, something everybody has been complaining about for ages, the Valkyrie now allows people to drop from it without dying by default now. No more being afraid to drop from some random person's valk for fear that they haven't certed into squad management.

The resource system Girlinhat is talking about is slated to arrive around Soon™ February. Get excited, but not right now.
https://www.planetside2.com/roadmap

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: December 25, 2015, 06:51:04 pm »

I'm scared and a little freaked out to see an actual major change to PS2.  Cool!

Also, that Big Daddy MAX helmet
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: December 25, 2015, 06:57:28 pm »

Emerald TR, indeed.  Been trying to run with random squads and it's frustrating at the best.  No one communicates.  The few times I have run with an organized squad we were flipping dozens of bases.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11905 on: January 14, 2016, 01:39:06 pm »

So, Daybreak have been away on holiday, but they're back and have released a new update.

• Max battlerank is now 120, up from 100.
  • Lots of leadership improvements. Most notably is that now leaders will appear on people's HUDs, depending on what position in the squad you hold. Squad members see their leader. Squad leaders see the platoon leader. Platoon lead sees all squad leaders.
  • Heavy shield nerf
  • Battle rifle buff (Hooraaay)
  • Medical tool buff. Its range is now 6 meters, regardless of tool rank.
  • Huge flash suppressor buff.
  • Valkyrie now has galaxy-like safe drop by default, regardless of squad logistics slot.
  • Lightning tanks now have access to engagement radar (I assume this is to buff skyguard?)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:42:10 pm by OzyTheSage »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: January 16, 2016, 08:48:01 pm »

Finally got around to playing it a bit. One, I have no idea how to access the tutorial again. Two, "Instant Action" means... well, instant action. As in, right in the middle of a massive three-way firefight. With no clue on what the hell I'm really supposed to do.

In the two hours or so I played, I managed 3 kills.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: January 16, 2016, 09:00:50 pm »

Been playing for the last weekish. Gotten real good with the starter NC rifle with a 10x scope. Supporting a massive assault as a sniper is absolutely amazing.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: January 16, 2016, 09:09:41 pm »

Sniping can be fun, but I think the most fun I've ever had without vehicles was close quarters counter sniping. Sneaking into the back ranks and nailing all the opposing infiltrators in the head with your rifle/xbow is great fun, you can keep them busy with you for a long time.

Makes me miss the game, feels like it's been something like eight months since I've seriously played. I put in like ten minutes of gameplay back a month or two ago, but was put off by a few things. Maybe I should try again.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: January 16, 2016, 09:16:58 pm »

Last night on Connery we were asdaulting one of the outposts for the large plantfilled biolab on, ah, the temperate continent. I had beautiful firing lanes on two areas of the outpost. Ran out of ammo twice, and one of the times there was no ammo dropped nearby, so I had to run into the outpost to the gunputers to rearm. Snuck through flanking enemies to get back to my perch. Even got a knife kill.

Might try stalking at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 826