Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089234 times)

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #12090 on: June 24, 2016, 05:25:00 pm »

I used to use my engineer with munitions pouches to throw extra c4 on flash, and then switch to infiltrator so I could be an invisible bastard that went around crashing his flash into parked Sundies and detonating the c4 with the flash's grenade launcher.

Never got a negative comment or admin slap for it, and I did it everytime there was a double xp event.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12091 on: June 24, 2016, 05:53:10 pm »

This is a legitimate tactic and is often referred to as jihad flashes. Typically you get one guy to strap a ton of C4 to a flash and have an infiltrator go sacrifice himself. Or you could get an engineer on the back of the flash and drop tank mines.

It's funny this topic popped up today, I played for the first time in several weeks/months and it's always a fun surprise to return with new features implemented. I know they changed the sound of the Basilisk and added the Gorgon for the MAX, but I wonder what other goodies I'm missing.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12092 on: June 24, 2016, 07:36:17 pm »

Wrel does suicide flashes all the time. He's done it in his youtube videos at least a dozen times. I feel like he puts C4's on his flash whenever he takes one out "just in case" at this point. Wrel is part of the development team so it's probably fine.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:39:39 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

ParsleyPWG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Poking Water Games
« Reply #12093 on: June 25, 2016, 12:38:47 am »

My favourite thing about this game is the emergent tactics that players come up with. I recently played with an outfit where we had a huge number of Sundies (something like 15+) running around the map and shooting down anything we came across. The key was to keep moving in a tight formation, so the enemy could never single out one Sundy to be taken out. Was some of the most fun I've had in an MMO.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12094 on: June 25, 2016, 12:44:59 am »

Yeah, it's fine. I find it quite unreliable, as often the server decides your C4 isn't next to the vehicle, despite it being so on your screen... but it's worth trying out for the lulz. Magriders are the easiest to get, as your Flash will happily drive under them and get jammed.

If you're holding down W when you bail, your Flash will continue to drive without you for a little bit. This can give you a little extra range, if you're trying to survive the adventure.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12095 on: June 25, 2016, 03:52:04 am »

My favourite thing about this game is the emergent tactics that players come up with. I recently played with an outfit where we had a huge number of Sundies (something like 15+) running around the map and shooting down anything we came across. The key was to keep moving in a tight formation, so the enemy could never single out one Sundy to be taken out. Was some of the most fun I've had in an MMO.
That might have been when DBG accidentally made Basilisks really really powerful.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12096 on: June 25, 2016, 04:37:40 am »

I wonder if it'll work with AT mines. Experience has shown that AT mines dropped on top of a tank will stay on the tank if it moves(before they arm), and they're a pain to disarm from up there and you can't shoot them off, and unlike C4 they don't despawn if you respawn. It'll be tricky to get them to sit right on a Flash, though.

Now that I think about it, I've got another question, how many mines can you have active at once? I know I've dropped my stock of mines, rearmed, and dropped some more, but I've never repeated that until I hit any limit.

That's really powerful if most of them have vehicle repair auras.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12097 on: June 26, 2016, 06:37:46 pm »

I wonder if it'll work with AT mines. Experience has shown that AT mines dropped on top of a tank will stay on the tank if it moves(before they arm), and they're a pain to disarm from up there and you can't shoot them off, and unlike C4 they don't despawn if you respawn. It'll be tricky to get them to sit right on a Flash, though.

Something like that was a popular novelty tactic for some Woodman/Miller Reaver pilots a long time ago.
Drop AT mines on the large flat part behind the cockpit and fly towards an enemy tank zerg. When you're in range do a front-flip, the tail fin will hit the mines and launch them forward like a catapult. If you do it at the correct altitute and speed you can get quite a long range out of those things.

On another note, I've heard ANTs are out now? (Have not played for over a year)
Are combat setups possible or is it backline duty only?
Driver/Gunner/2 Passenger, on an armored vehicle (as in, not damageable by small arms) would be the vehicle me and my outfit always wanted but never got. Especially since it can also hold a scout radar.

Kobalt or Walker, Scout Radar, Vehicle Stealth, Rival on that thing would be the kind of IFV that'd have given us nerdgasms back when we still played.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 07:03:20 pm by Cyroth »
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12098 on: June 26, 2016, 07:32:01 pm »

You can use the ant as a heavy harasser. Which could work like a IFV.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cYNpSTsOmHQ

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12099 on: June 26, 2016, 07:34:20 pm »

Yeah, it can be a fairly dangerous combat vehicle. It can make itself invulnerable as long as it has cortium in it. Not sure how long the shield lasts under fire, but apparently long enough for the top gunner to do damage.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12100 on: June 26, 2016, 10:07:50 pm »

Well this sucks. I log in after getting a computer that can finally run this well and i find that my alpha squad status and all the stuff I got form it is gone. Did I miss something? Why did this happen?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12101 on: June 27, 2016, 08:15:00 am »

Try asking customer support.

Are you in Europe? I know that they changed the way accounts work a long while back so that might be the issue.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12102 on: July 07, 2016, 06:39:05 pm »

New update today. Quite a few changes. A2A missiles have been both buffed and nerfed. They have more ammo and are now fire-and-forget, but they do less damage to ESFs and Valkyries - but more damage to Liberators and Galaxies. Skyknights can masturbate harder with all-around buffs to ESF mainguns. ESFs also have max-leveled Engagement Radar inherent to them, certs already spent were refunded.

Significant change to player-base walls, they can no longer be destroyed if there's a repair module present - you must destroy the module before breaking down the wall. There's a couple of new modules. A reinforcement module, which flags a playerbase with a nearby deployed Sunderer with the Reinforcements Needed indicator in the spawn screen if it's under attack. There's a decorative banner, which is just cool. There's a tower for infantry to stand in. There's also a shorter version of the anti-vehicle turret tower.

They've also nerfed the underbarrel smoke launcher - it now lasts for less time. I've tried using the smoke launcher before, and I find that the smoke only lasted about 3 seconds, I don't know why it needed a nerf.

They've reintroduced the Infiltrator's Decoy Grenade.

They've added scopes to faction-specific pistols.

They've added revive timers to the map respawn screen - before, if you went to the map screen after dying instead of just sitting there, you had no way to see how long you had for a medic to revive you. Damn straight.

The NS-61 Emissary has been tweaked. Base damage is up, but recoil and headshot multiplier are worse.

Flash ATV can now get the GSD, same as a Sunderer.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12103 on: July 07, 2016, 06:50:08 pm »

Gotta love them making aerial combat even less fun for everyone else.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12104 on: July 07, 2016, 07:20:06 pm »

Well if you only get skyfails talking about aircraft, you only get buffs to pewpews. Someone needs to go shout over them and nerf the skyknights.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 826