Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 658359 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: GAMES LEAKED, HEAD FOR THE HILLS
« Reply #5550 on: November 13, 2016, 10:21:12 am »

I don't think levels actually account for catch rates, but possibly max HP does. According to Bulbapedia, the capture formula since GenIII is: a = (((3*MaxHP)-(2*HP))*rate*ball)/(3*MaxHP))*status

rate = species catch rate(Wurmple is 255)
ball = is the ball catch bonus(standard ball is 1)
status = is the bonus for status effects(no status is 1)

The shake chance in GenVI is: b = 65536 / (255/a)^0.1875

a = the result of the first formula

Since I don't know Wurmple's HP at level 4 off-hand, I can't give an exact chance, but at full HP it's a 33% chance to catch.

The shudder in midair bit seems to be meaningless. There's no critical failure as far as I know(or mentioned in Bulbapedia). There *is* a critical success chance, based on how many species captured in your Pokedex. Actually, the midair shudder indicates a critical success - which does only one shake check. So, the chance of a 1HP Wurmple breaking out of that is probably less than a first-turn Pokeball capture of a legendary. Was the throw sound effect a higher pitch than normal?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: November 13, 2016, 10:36:46 am »

The shudder in midair bit seems to be meaningless. There's no critical failure as far as I know(or mentioned in Bulbapedia). There *is* a critical success chance, based on how many species captured in your Pokedex. Actually, the midair shudder indicates a critical success - which does only one shake check. So, the chance of a 1HP Wurmple breaking out of that is probably less than a first-turn Pokeball capture of a legendary. Was the throw sound effect a higher pitch than normal?

There is no critical success. You're thinking of a "critical capture", which has a chance of either failing or succeeding. The difference is that the ball only shakes once, so it only needs to pass one "success check" instead of 3-4. It makes the chance of success much higher (due to less chances for failure) but not guaranteed.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: November 13, 2016, 11:06:53 am »

I didn't have the sound on, so I'm afraid I can't answer that last question.

Checking the box, the Wurmple in question has a max HP of 18.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: November 14, 2016, 11:12:41 pm »

That Dugtrio Alola form. Pokemon is officially fucking with us, aren't they?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5555 on: November 18, 2016, 01:51:16 pm »

GAMES OUT GUYS (Unless you live in Europe. Sorry dudes)

I picked it up at the midnight release last night. I've only played a bit so far, but the game already is shaping up to be possibly one of, or even just, the best in series IMO. The presentation of everything just feels so different and new.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh also since the new gen is out I'll try to start updating the friendcode list in the OP again if anyone posts theirs.

Edit: Also Pokemon Generations has reached Gen V this week
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 02:06:18 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: November 18, 2016, 02:13:49 pm »

Friends together in a private chat server while we talk about or beginning pokemon adventures:
Professor: "Having accepted each other you will surely be friends for life would you like to give rowlet a nickname?"
*immediately flips rowlet over and checks nether reigons* *frowns* *drops rowlet on it's head* *hits the reset button*
"Hoot"
"Hooooooooooot *klunk*"
Professor: "He-he disappeared."

EDIT: There you go solid proof pokemon promotes sexism.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 02:22:19 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: November 18, 2016, 02:18:41 pm »

I do love that the second the games get rid of HMs... the apologists are suddenly going "Ohh yeah HMs were bad the entire time" which makes my eyes roll.

Even though those exact same people would argue until their face turns blue that HMs were the greatest parts of the series and that I was crazy for thinking less of them.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: November 18, 2016, 02:29:16 pm »

There are rumours of a version of sun/moon making it onto the upcoming switch, codenamed Pokemon Stars.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

I'm tempted just to wait and pick it up then so I don't have to play it on a crappy 3ds screen.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: November 18, 2016, 02:41:33 pm »

Amusingly, when I went to legitimately buy my copy of the game, I found out that the eshop registered my leaked copy of Pokemon Moon to be real and added it to my account for some reason.

So to be fair I bought Sun even though I will be playing Moon still as my savefile is on that one.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: November 18, 2016, 03:22:21 pm »

Friends together in a private chat server while we talk about or beginning pokemon adventures:
Professor: "Having accepted each other you will surely be friends for life would you like to give rowlet a nickname?"
*immediately flips rowlet over and checks nether reigons* *frowns* *drops rowlet on it's head* *hits the reset button*
"Hoot"
"Hooooooooooot *klunk*"
Professor: "He-he disappeared."

EDIT: There you go solid proof pokemon promotes sexism.
In my case I simply have a perfect name for a female Rowlet, and while yeah I know I can just hatch one later using a male and a Ditto, I want starter-loyalty with her.
Of course I admit that I do this every generation regardless, lol. But this time it has 3x the normal meaning.
Aside from that and 2 others (Bewear and Lycanroc), I'm not gender-farming any 7th gen Pokemon, and those other two are 50/50 gender ratios, so yeah.
At least since I have both versions I can get my Female Rowlet and start the actual game proper. and use my sopare copy to farm the other two fem starters.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: November 18, 2016, 03:26:37 pm »

Pretty much the only time I gender-farm (is that the actual term?) is when a certain evolution is gender-limited. Like how only male Kirlias can become Gallade, or only female Combee can become Vespequin.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: November 18, 2016, 03:37:31 pm »

Pretty much the only time I gender-farm (is that the actual term?) is when a certain evolution is gender-limited. Like how only male Kirlias can become Gallade, or only female Combee can become Vespequin.
I don't necessarily "know" that's the term, but it's the only way I could think of saying it.
I'm usually lax about it myself but Starters are always the exception, as is anything I want a set-gender for and the one i want is a 12.5% ratio, as all female starters are.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: November 18, 2016, 03:45:33 pm »

There are rumours of a version of sun/moon making it onto the upcoming switch, codenamed Pokemon Stars.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

I'm tempted just to wait and pick it up then so I don't have to play it on a crappy 3ds screen.

Honestly I don't want to get a split game. I'll wait until they release "Da good version" even though they aren't doing it anymore.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: November 18, 2016, 03:46:40 pm »

I was happy with my Rowlet. This time around, I am only training birds. Wingull and Pipipek are both my little darlings.

Though... The fact that I can't deposit Pokemon thus far is becoming a nuisance. ;.;
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 463