Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 657936 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5565 on: November 18, 2016, 03:59:15 pm »

In the previous versions with trading I would get far by breeding a starter and trading it for other pokes I want.  Often times you don't have access to a ditto til postgame, so a female starter lets me breed some early.

My friend is doing the same but with the water starter.  I think that's more because of the final evo's appearance than anything.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 04:00:57 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: November 18, 2016, 04:01:58 pm »

Picked up moon. I'm likekng it so far. Just got out of the lab.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: November 18, 2016, 04:19:15 pm »

I should probably drive over to Gamestop to pick up my copy...the fact that I haven't gotten a phone call about my pre-order makes me a bit worried.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: November 18, 2016, 04:20:20 pm »

By the way, grubbin can be found in the starting area. It's just really rare.

As far as I'm aware, that's the only place you can find it too. I spent so long looking for it all over only to use a QR code for it to discover it's in route 1.

I find that evolutionary line very interesting. I mean, it starts out as a pretty well rounded physical attacker. Then it becomes a really slow moving physical wall with high physical attack. Then it finally becomes an uber slow moving special attacker.

---

Also there's a Feebas somewhere in Brooket (?) Hill in one of the fishing spots. I know its there but after a few hours I still haven't found it. You need it for one of the quests.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: GAMES LEAKED, HEAD FOR THE HILLS
« Reply #5569 on: November 18, 2016, 05:58:56 pm »

Did anyone notice a bug in the demo version where the timed events stop if you change the 3DS clock(such as for Daylight Savings Time ending)? Apparently loading the game once or twice will fix it, but I didn't notice for nearly a week, so the events(just the one that I'm aware of anyhow) were held back that long.

So, turns out Primarina knows how to use the Spirit Bomb...

As if I needed another reason to pick the water starter. Moon's poses during those were pretty adorable. The video implies you can acquire Magearna from the demo, but I don't know where. Is it from the timed events?

I should probably drive over to Gamestop to pick up my copy...the fact that I haven't gotten a phone call about my pre-order makes me a bit worried.
Same. I would have stopped on the way home, but I'd been holding a bathroom break all day(restrooms at work are often filthy) and it was becoming a tad urgent.

I do love that the second the games get rid of HMs... the apologists are suddenly going "Ohh yeah HMs were bad the entire time" which makes my eyes roll.

Even though those exact same people would argue until their face turns blue that HMs were the greatest parts of the series and that I was crazy for thinking less of them.

Eh, some of the HM moves weren't bad as actual attacks. The main thing that annoyed me was that you couldn't drop them until you reach the Move Deleter, who usually doesn't appear until fairly late in the game - Blackthorn City in GSC/HG/SS(8th Gym town), Lilycove in ORAS(3/4 through the main plot), etc. Especially even with TMs being made reusable, there was no point to not being able to swap out HM moves.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: November 18, 2016, 06:11:22 pm »

Heh.  I just discovered something minor about those special battles with field-on Pokemon Pokemon visible in the tall grass that may grant you items.  Don't forget to actually pick up the items: I didn't realize it didn't just automatically hand you whatever was dropped at the end of battle, but rather placed it as a sparkle on the field. 

Also, it's kinda nifty that the other trainers use balls other than the default Poke Ball, now.  Apparently, that was already known from the pre-release information, but I'm rather unobservant. ^_^

EDIT:
Nice to see the latest gen is keeping up with the slightly-creepy Dex entries:
Quote from: Drifloon
If for some reason its body bursts, its soul spills out with a screaming sound.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 06:41:14 pm by Culise »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: November 18, 2016, 06:49:29 pm »

Oh hey, Gamestop's giving out posters as well. They're kinda nice; one side is a sort of collage with the PCs riding on the various HM mons, and the other side is a textured map of the Alola region.

Went ahead and picked up a couple of Genesect cards as well.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: November 18, 2016, 07:57:19 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: November 19, 2016, 12:32:10 am »

Goddammit they took out triples.   I Loved triples.  Triples was my thing, there was so much it added to the game, just nobody wanted to learn something new.

Friend spent 4 hours trying to get a female seal.  Turns out he was restarting the game entirely every time not realizing the game allowed him to save already.
Another 30 minutes passed and he accidentally picked rowlet.   It turned out to be female.   My friend took it out of spite.  Immediately after I caught a shiny yungoos out of dumb luck while I was waiting for him to catch up in the story. So I put it up on gts for a female seal.  Got one almost immediately, and gave it to my friend.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: November 19, 2016, 03:55:34 am »

Speaking of shinies, have they increased their encounter rate or something? I've found two already. I don't know if I'm just absurdly lucky, or if they've just made it easymode.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: November 19, 2016, 01:27:03 pm »

Wondertrade yielded a shiny Rowlet. Guess who my new starter is!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: November 19, 2016, 01:28:25 pm »

Speaking of shinies, have they increased their encounter rate or something? I've found two already. I don't know if I'm just absurdly lucky, or if they've just made it easymode.
From what I've heard, the shiny encounter rate is twice what it used to be—1/4096, I think?

So it's easier, but not easymode, and you're definitely lucky.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: November 19, 2016, 01:31:11 pm »

I feel sorry for your real starter ;-;

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: November 19, 2016, 02:11:26 pm »

Goddammit they took out triples.   I Loved triples.  Triples was my thing, there was so much it added to the game, just nobody wanted to learn something new.

Friend spent 4 hours trying to get a female seal.  Turns out he was restarting the game entirely every time not realizing the game allowed him to save already.
Another 30 minutes passed and he accidentally picked rowlet.   It turned out to be female.   My friend took it out of spite.  Immediately after I caught a shiny yungoos out of dumb luck while I was waiting for him to catch up in the story. So I put it up on gts for a female seal.  Got one almost immediately, and gave it to my friend.

They removed triples? 😦
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: November 19, 2016, 02:55:56 pm »

I feel sorry for your real starter ;-;

Its in purgatory Bill's PC now
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 463