Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 654353 times)

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5895 on: December 26, 2016, 09:17:52 pm »

Personally, I find that Linoone makes for a decent non-Frisk "thief" as it could learn Covet and Switcharoo naturally and Thief via TM. But I'm pretty oldschool so there might be better out there

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: December 27, 2016, 02:59:31 am »

You know what would be interesting but they can never do now?

If they got rid of the whole Shiny system and instead replaced it with a system so "Shiny" pokemon can be any color or any multitude of colors.

I think the closest we've seen to that was the old Stadium games, in which, IIRC, your pokemon would be one of a number of shades of its colors. So a Pikachu could be canary yellow, or orangish-yellow, or pale yellow, depending on its name.

But I dunno why they couldn't introduce a 'multiple shiny variants' system. Just replace the shiny bit with a byte, and assign new palettes/skins to the different >1 values. (With 0 being the original non-shiny palette, and 1 being the original shiny palette, so traded-up pokemon would retain their colors.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: December 27, 2016, 05:18:45 am »

It makes sense if you think of Pokémon like a collectable card game.

You are messing over people who have Shinys because now you have better shiny pokemon :P

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: December 28, 2016, 03:07:32 pm »

I beat the game last night (Sun, specifically.) Pretty good game.
Spoiler: Major (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: December 28, 2016, 03:51:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: December 28, 2016, 05:41:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Finally got the IV judger. I've got some interesting stats on some of them. The chart for my Raichu looks like a lightning bolt - while funny, his stats are terrible. The Wishiwashi I've been building up has pretty good IVs, while my Silvally has incredible IVs. I've also got a Goldeen with high IVs, and a Carbink with solid defenses.

Is the Battle Bond Greninja acquired from the demo version breedable? I left it in the nursery for a while with Ditto and nothing happened.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: December 28, 2016, 06:29:31 pm »

Is the Battle Bond Greninja acquired from the demo version breedable? I left it in the nursery for a while with Ditto and nothing happened.
I've heard no, something about a flag they found in the datamine. What dialog do you get from the daycare lady? If it's "They don't seem to like playing together, though." they won't ever breed.

I should really transfer my stuff from the demo...not that I need Greninja, since I'm already up to my ears in water types, and I've been trying to avoid using guys from my team in X&Y.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: December 28, 2016, 06:44:27 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: December 28, 2016, 10:08:05 pm »

I've heard no, something about a flag they found in the datamine. What dialog do you get from the daycare lady? If it's "They don't seem to like playing together, though." they won't ever breed.

I should really transfer my stuff from the demo...not that I need Greninja, since I'm already up to my ears in water types, and I've been trying to avoid using guys from my team in X&Y.

Gee thanks, Ash. You sent over a really neat fully-evolved Pokemon, but you neutered it first. In a setting where breeding is kind of a big thing.

The only thing I've found so far that suggests preparation for PokeBank transfers from Gen VI is a guy in the desert asking for Solrock/Lunatone in Sun/Moon(respectively). He doesn't name them specifically, saying "Sol"/"Luna", and he does react to you bringing him Solgaleo or Lunala.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: December 28, 2016, 10:11:53 pm »

It also doesn't seem like anyone wants to trade version-exclusive Ultra Beats. I've had a Kartana up for trade for couple of days now for Celesteela, but nobody's taking. I took it off the GTS and gave it a Pearl String to see if that will entice anyone.

I'm a page and a few days late, but it's in everyones interests to know;

Sun gets 2 Buzzwole and 4 Kartanas. Moon gets 4 Pheromosa and 2 Celesteela. I thought this was to continue being cute with numbers, but the pattern by Pokedex order is 1:2:4:2:2:4:1. Actually a quick Google search indicates 1242421 is prime (and a satisfying palindrome), but 1242241 is also a multiplication of 5 primes.

But yeah, the gist is that despite type similarities, the fair trade is Buzzwole <> Celesteela and Kartana <> Pheromosa.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: December 28, 2016, 10:29:19 pm »

That's okay, it eventually traded for Celesteela. Didn't take long for someone to swap a Gible for a Beldum I bred.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: December 29, 2016, 05:19:49 am »

That's okay, it eventually traded for Celesteela. Didn't take long for someone to swap a Gible for a Beldum I bred.

Both of Gible and Beldum are extremely popular on Wonder Trade too. Out of all the not-crapmons I get on there, Gible, Beldum and Abra would be the most common, with Bagon being not far off.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: December 29, 2016, 07:58:54 am »

Abra is not-crap? That seems to be the most common thing I get in the Wonder Trade, and I basically stopped bothering to raise them when I evolved one into Kadabra and it didn't learn any attack moves for several levels.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: December 29, 2016, 08:07:38 am »

Abra is not-crap? That seems to be the most common thing I get in the Wonder Trade, and I basically stopped bothering to raise them when I evolved one into Kadabra and it didn't learn any attack moves for several levels.

Alakazam is one of the better Psychic types, with base 135 spatk and 120 speed. Its spdef is not bad at base 95, and it has access to a mega evolution that hits like a truck with 175 spatk and 150 speed, ie. the highest non-legendary special attack, with only Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Rayquaza, Primal Kyogre, and Attack Forme Deoxys having higher stats. and its speed is nearly the highest, fifth after Deoxys Speed Forme, Ninjask, Pheromosa and Deoxys Attack Forme.

It's been reliably high tier and a very hard hitter since generation 1.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: December 29, 2016, 08:08:03 am »

two words:
Syncronize Ability
In-game if syncronize is the ability of lead-pokemon(even if fainted) it makes it a 50% chance of the wild having the same nature as the Abra, good for nature farming for purposes pertaining to breeding.
Any Syncronizer of a non-neutral nature is "not-crap". and any Female Neutral Nature Synchro Abra means higher chance of baby with synchronize and better nature.

any inner-focus ones are useless in this regard though, unless you wanna waste an ability capsule.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:09:34 am by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 463