Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 15, 2012, 02:31:16 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]  (Read 47293 times)

Windpoison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.01A)
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2012, 11:47:03 pm »

Thanks Hugo. The only problem I see with that is it will grab plants willy nilly, unless you set up a stockpile for it to draw from.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2012, 11:49:09 pm »

That is true, you better ask Toxic for the explaination on REACTION_CLASSes and how they can help you ;) or just read it here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55259.msg3419616#msg3419616

Windpoison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012, 12:00:29 am »

My problem is for people trying to stock up on food of a certain type, it will grab the wrong plant possibly.
I guess I'll just not be lazy and make a separate reaction for each of the plants I want to be processed.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2012, 12:03:33 am »

My problem is for people trying to stock up on food of a certain type, it will grab the wrong plant possibly.
I guess I'll just not be lazy and make a separate reaction for each of the plants I want to be processed.

Or you can learn the power to REACTION_CLASS here lol

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2012, 01:57:06 am »

If you haven't already, this.
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Windpoison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.02A)[Updated]
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2012, 11:09:11 am »

I read it, I believe I understood it, but I'd still prefer the seperate reactions, that way the user can choose which of the essence bearing plants to use.

So say you had a, b, c and d. Now, all but d have the [REACTION_CLASS:ESSENCE_BEARING] in their material. The thing is, a reagent like [REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:ESSENCE_BEARING] will grab a, b, or c. I want the user to choose the specific plant, that way they could preserve one of the possible choices, while using another.
anyways, I think I should stop talking on this thread about my modding attempt, and let everyone get back to giving Toxic their thoughts on his mod.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2012, 11:54:26 am »

I read it, I believe I understood it, but I'd still prefer the seperate reactions, that way the user can choose which of the essence bearing plants to use.

So say you had a, b, c and d. Now, all but d have the [REACTION_CLASS:ESSENCE_BEARING] in their material. The thing is, a reagent like [REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:ESSENCE_BEARING] will grab a, b, or c. I want the user to choose the specific plant, that way they could preserve one of the possible choices, while using another.
anyways, I think I should stop talking on this thread about my modding attempt, and let everyone get back to giving Toxic their thoughts on his mod.
Nooo its ok I don't mind the free bumps :) lol

Windpoison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2012, 08:40:04 pm »

I ended up using [REACTION_CLASS:ESSENCE] for something else, had everything working, then screwed something up. The world is now full of roaches who are at war with toads, while one of my Tolkein elf variants is just chilling in the mountains, loving their gems.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2012, 08:52:10 pm »

Your errorlog should tell you which object(s) be duped.

Windpoison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2012, 09:54:47 pm »

I thought it was a dupe, but it was secretly me having deleted a creature :|

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2012, 02:43:08 am »

There seems to be a bug with Satyrs currently where you can't create squads. My assumption is that this is caused by a lack of military captain(not general) and commander rank. I'll get to fixing this, and it should be updated here later today. The update will include minor fixes of other things aswell

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2012, 06:30:39 am »

Dude, that's what I wanted - playable elves!
Thanks! Maybe I'll start new community fort with it.. later, when Ill get familiar with it.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2012, 03:01:05 pm »

There seems to be a bug with Satyrs currently where you can't create squads. My assumption is that this is caused by a lack of military captain(not general) and commander rank. I'll get to fixing this, and it should be updated here later today. The update will include minor fixes of other things aswell
Do they have CAN_LEARN and CAN_SPEAK? aka INTELLIGENT and it could just be an issue with nobles

Windpoison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2012, 07:31:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure you need a noble with the [SQUAD] tag. The args are [SQUAD:aaa:bbb:ccc] Number in the squad, noun for soldier, pl. noun.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2012, 08:33:41 pm »

Dude, that's what I wanted - playable elves!
Thanks! Maybe I'll start new community fort with it.. later, when Ill get familiar with it.
Be carefull, like I said, this is an Alpha release, so it may be very buggy, if you find any bugs, POST THEM. Please lol.
Anyways, have fun, if you have any suggestions please also post those :P

Edit: I'm not late on that update :P Here its still 11:45Pm July 4th
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:38:39 am by Toxicshadow »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19