Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 686937 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Talk about stuff I pretend to understand]
« Reply #1770 on: November 11, 2015, 11:59:24 pm »

How do you see all the achievements on Steam? Clicking the +X or the 'view personal achievements' ONLY show the ones I've got on the game, and the global statistics don't give you any description.
Go to the game's entry in your library or the store and click "View All Achievements"
It's pretty self explanatory.
Would be, except it ONLY shows achievements I've earned in the game, and there's absolutely no other tabs to let me look at the other achievements.

There are achievements that the devs can flag as hidden, which you can't actually see until you get.  Generally speaking, a game might have one or two of them, but I guess it would be possible for a dev to flag all achievements as hidden.  What game is it?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Talk about stuff I pretend to understand]
« Reply #1771 on: November 12, 2015, 02:49:20 am »

What happens to uncooked pasta when it is left out in the air?
Does it go stale? Is it then unsafe to eat, or does it taste pretty much the same as usual once cooked?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: November 12, 2015, 02:52:12 am »

Your best bet is generally going to be citing everything that doesn't come specifically from you. Cite facts, cite arguments if you're using someone else's, cite appropriate texts even when you're paraphrasing. Basically everything, general knowledge as well as specialized.

Also, when in doubt, ask your teacher -- in general, when you're uni, that should be your step one in pretty much all situations. Stringency regarding reference citation is going to vary from class to class. As a general thing, trying to read your teacher's (or school's) mind in regards to these sorts of things is a recipe for screwing up, so... don't do that. Ask for clarification at any and every point you're uncertain. Most university professors aren't going to begrudge that -- they appreciate someone that's invested in the class and trying to learn, and making sure you're doing what they/the course content wants you to is one of the ways you signal that.
Thanks. I guess I'll send him an email. (It's reading week.)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: November 12, 2015, 07:12:55 am »

What happens to uncooked pasta when it is left out in the air?
Does it go stale? Is it then unsafe to eat, or does it taste pretty much the same as usual once cooked?
It's pretty much inert, I think.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: November 12, 2015, 07:27:46 am »

Unless its became humid or is kinda breaking apart when you pick it up, it should be safe to cook and eat it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 12, 2015, 09:17:26 am »

That's odd, but Bethesda's major releases are known for having a number of bugs at release so it'll probably work itself out in the next patch.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: November 12, 2015, 09:18:19 am »

It also could just be they don't have descriptions.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 12, 2015, 09:24:00 am »

What is the plural of the word 'redux'?
Either redux, or reduxes?
'Reduces', I'd say, by analogy to 'index'.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: November 12, 2015, 09:31:32 am »

Reduces is already a word though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: November 12, 2015, 10:24:22 am »

But just as a verb, not as a noun.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: November 12, 2015, 10:33:34 am »

It'd still be easier to just leave it as redux and not have the trouble though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: November 12, 2015, 10:41:12 am »

But that goes against general grammatical rules! English is exception-riddled enough as-is.
The Bay12 postcard club

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: November 12, 2015, 10:53:42 am »

And so one more won't make much of a difference.

Your better bet is to just not plural redux, though. Why the zog would even want to? As isp noted, you kinda' don't plural adjectives, and if you're using it as a noun... don't. Roll up a newspaper and bop yourself on the nose for trying.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: November 12, 2015, 10:54:18 am »

How does the theoretical individual theoretically improve his theoretical ability of theoretically concentrating on theoretical stuff, that he needs for good exam scores?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: November 12, 2015, 10:56:46 am »

Print all your material on paper, so you can study away from your computer, go to the library or some other place where you have nothing to do, and study.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 637