Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 686866 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Talk about stuff I pretend to understand]
« Reply #1920 on: January 21, 2016, 11:16:37 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 11:25:37 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Talk about stuff I pretend to understand]
« Reply #1921 on: January 21, 2016, 01:19:42 pm »

Is there some cure for  mathematical stupidity?

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: January 22, 2016, 03:18:37 pm »

What cat breeds existed in medieval times?

First off, don't be so hard on yourself. I'm a Math major but I still struggle from time to time.

The best advice I can offer is to watch other people work through problems and apply that to your problem. In most textbooks, each chapter has examples that are the same type of problem as at the end of the chapter. Pay close attention to those, and see if you can copy their process with the chapter problems. Also, if you have a terrible professor, PatrickMJT has lessons on most Algebra and Calculus subjects. I wouldn't have survived Calculus II without him. XD

Finally, if all else fails, enter your question into Wolfram|Alpha to see what kind of answer you're looking for. That can be a good starting point.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:21:25 pm by DragonDePlatino »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: January 22, 2016, 04:56:46 pm »

"Cat" - I doubt the specific breeds existed outside of standard regional variants, since they wouldn't have been bred for different purposes like dogs were.
That's just my uneducated guess, though.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: January 22, 2016, 07:28:42 pm »

So I decided I should play GTA 4, and I'm having some weird gameplay issues. FPS ingame hovers around 40-50 which is kind of odd for such an old game, yet at the same time it's not actually using many cpu or gpu resources. I know there's a common problem with video memory that I've fixed, but I can't find anything to do with this kind of problem.
Anyone able to help me out?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: January 22, 2016, 08:36:01 pm »

So I decided I should play GTA 4, and I'm having some weird gameplay issues. FPS ingame hovers around 40-50 which is kind of odd for such an old game, yet at the same time it's not actually using many cpu or gpu resources. I know there's a common problem with video memory that I've fixed, but I can't find anything to do with this kind of problem.
Anyone able to help me out?
It just might be that GTA 4's port was optimized by barely-trained monkeys. Blind barely-trained monkeys. And they were blind because they were dead.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: January 22, 2016, 08:37:01 pm »

Math help thread?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: January 22, 2016, 09:17:55 pm »

Do you mean avatar "the last airbender"? If so, it sorta stays like that for the most part, although has some good points scattered throughout. If you mean avatar "whatever the name of the sequel is", I've heard it gets better, but I gave up watching after a few seasons of "oh no the next season is better" so I wouldn't know for sure...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: January 22, 2016, 09:22:02 pm »

I've only seen the first episode, and significant parts of two later episodes that someone else was watching.  The later stuff *seemed* better.  The impression I get is that it keeps an element of silly throughout, but builds up to more interesting things?  Pilot episodes are tough I guess.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: January 22, 2016, 10:19:01 pm »

I remember some good things spread throughout most of the series (assuming you mean avatar last airbender, not the other avatar season or the other avatar, the move)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1931 on: January 23, 2016, 12:49:05 am »

"Cat" - I doubt the specific breeds existed outside of standard regional variants, since they wouldn't have been bred for different purposes like dogs were.
That's just my uneducated guess, though.

Probably just the squillion different patterns of tabby, with some rarities like black or white or other different colourings.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: January 23, 2016, 06:49:03 am »

So last minute booking, is that a thing that every airline does? Or is it something done on a per-company basis, or even an airport specific thing?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: January 23, 2016, 06:50:26 am »

It just might be that GTA 4's port was optimized by barely-trained monkeys. Blind barely-trained monkeys. And they were blind because they were dead.
Seems that way.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: January 23, 2016, 03:13:59 pm »

theirs a book i really want that just came out and for some weird reason i cant get the ebook in the US only the UK but i could buy the physical book and have it shipped and arrive weeks from now. anyone know how to get the ebook?
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 637