Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 638

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 691141 times)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #2160 on: March 31, 2016, 11:57:38 am »

My neighbor dug a very thin long trench in our yard without our permission. Is that a crime?
Max avatar size is 80x80

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: March 31, 2016, 12:03:34 pm »

I'd think so but I'm not a lawyer.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: March 31, 2016, 12:06:32 pm »

I am not a lawyer obviously, but...
Based on the penalties for cutting neighbor's trees without permission, I think it's a civil issue.  So you could sue for mental anguish and aesthetic damage to your yard, and/or maybe the cost of undoing the trench.

It also seems like it'd be misdemeanor trespassing but that depends on the state I think, might be a tough case?  I don't actually know.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: March 31, 2016, 12:13:04 pm »

My neighbor dug a very thin long trench in our yard without our permission. Is that a crime?

Unless he did it because his house was at risk of being flooded and your yard was the only usable way to drain his terrain AND you could not be immediately contacted, I don't see how that's a legal thing to do.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: March 31, 2016, 01:52:29 pm »

@SC: Stimulants can actually make you feel tired (though note you haven't gotten rid of them, unless you're drinking decaf tea -- a cup of green tea usually has at least as much caffeine as a cup of coffee :P), especially after a few hours, it takes energy to process fat and sugar* (also, neither of the two are particularly good for get-up-and-go energy, heh -- they're not terribly good for pep, despite what common narratives say about sugar), and if you're exercising and losing weight, you're carrying less around, on top of all the other good stuff a jogging regimen brings. Just to name a non-exhaustive list of what's going on, heh, as metabolism and whatnot is pretty complicated stuff. Basically you're doing most of what naturally increases personal energy, so... that's what's happening.

*Though I wouldn't be entirely surprised if you haven't really cut back too much on fats and sugars, heh. They actually tend to largely come from stuff that isn't immediately fat or sugar, hah.
The 'energy' stuff that the idea of a sugar rush comes from is a confusion of terms. Food/metabolic energy is energy in the way physicists/most other natural scientists talk about energy. On the other hand, pure caffeine has zero or negative energy in that sense.

If you mainlined glucose, you wouldn't be any more alert, on the other hand, unless you're in the middle of falling into a hypoglycemic coma. You couldn't do much running without sugar, either, you'd get tired fast - but it's more of the 'halp my muscles are jelly' kind of tired, not 'I gotta go inhale the pillow a bit' tired.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: March 31, 2016, 02:31:21 pm »

Not a crime in most places, mostly a civil rights problem. It may count as invasion of invasion of property in some places, maybe. Pretty sure its something that can justify a lawsuit, though, if just one to reinburse you guys on the damage the property suffered and the unlawful alteration.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: March 31, 2016, 08:09:51 pm »

Thanks for answering my random question, people. No legal action will probably be taken (it was just a matter of talking and now waiting), but I was curious if it was against the law.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: March 31, 2016, 08:16:26 pm »

Why did he dig that trench, anyway?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #2168 on: March 31, 2016, 08:21:17 pm »

Dunno
Are you on the Unoffical Bay12 Discord?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: March 31, 2016, 08:28:14 pm »

What is the Unofficial Bay12 Discord?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: March 31, 2016, 09:05:51 pm »

What is the Unofficial Bay12 Discord?
The sequel to the Unofficial Bay12 TS3 Server.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: March 31, 2016, 09:21:26 pm »

What's the server name and password?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: March 31, 2016, 09:56:36 pm »

Why did he dig that trench, anyway?
Turns out he was installing television cable and in order to get to the nearest utility pole, the workers had to dig through our yard. It probably would have been fine, except he bother didn't to tell my folks. ::)
So now the cable company dudes have to back come and install the cable on the along my neighbors' fences, a more reasonable spot, rather than through the middle of our yard. It's not a big deal though because the "trench" is really just a slit (couldn't think of this word earlier) in the ground.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: April 01, 2016, 12:16:45 am »

To powernap, or not to powernap?
I was gonna nap earlier, but then I got distracted and now I only have about 45 minutes before I had an alarm set to go do stuff...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: April 02, 2016, 03:49:48 pm »

Where online could I have a single custom poster printed and shipped to me? Bonus if they don't object to copyrighted images.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 638