Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 686996 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Flat-nosed pigdogs]
« Reply #4470 on: August 18, 2018, 10:19:43 pm »

Probably not the only one, no. There's always someone out there that unironically ships any given shipping combination. Sometimes you have to enlighten them as to its existence, but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: August 19, 2018, 03:16:22 am »

Is there some context I'm missing as to what makes "Go on you're worth it" racist?
I was more just distinguishing the advertisement as a whole as being "one that got considered racist", rather than the quote specifically. Basically, Turkish pizza man had an accent and tried to sell something to the Norwegian woman by flirting a little bit in fluent Turkwegian. Which is very much a stereotype, regardless of how many of them we may personally know and love.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: August 19, 2018, 07:19:02 am »

Does anyone else go into "foreign" restaurants and feel bad because you don't speak their language, you're not sure you're even pronouncing "thank you" correctly despite listening to it off of Google Translate dozens of times, and you don't know what their cultural food etiquette is like or how much it's even noticed?

Nope! I sincerely doubt anyone of them are offended about it, and anyone who is is an asshole. An asshole that only has themselves to blame in the first place if they get upset as it's their own fault for not translating the names.

I do feel ashamed I don't know how to use food sticks, though. But that's mostly because I want to be able to use food sticks.
Love, scriver~

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: August 19, 2018, 09:46:12 am »

On the Waluigi X Rosalina thing, I just kinda feel bad for both of them, Rosalina just sorta seems lonely, and as for Waluigi, the cornerstone of his personality is supposed to be self pity, and his character deserves some kind of happiness in his life and I think I'm overthinking this at this point but eh

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: August 19, 2018, 10:02:38 am »

When asked whether Waluigi was a brother to Wario, Martinet stated that while he did not know, he felt that they were just "two nice, evil guys who found each other".
(;
No but really I'm just happy that he has one friend, at least.  Apparently they work together in some of the spinoffs.

The better crack pairing is Luigi/Waluigi, obviously, to follow the Nintendo theme of having to unite both dark and light sides of things.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:04:09 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: August 19, 2018, 10:24:41 am »

I am a bit peeved that Waluigi is not called 7uigi
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: August 19, 2018, 10:44:39 am »

But waaaaaaaaaahhhhh
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #4478 on: August 30, 2018, 09:06:52 pm »

I feel like I've asked this before and forgotten then answer.

How is it scientists account for genetic variations when sequencing genomes of a species?
They probably take a sample of diff rent ones and highlight the similarities.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: September 03, 2018, 07:13:54 am »

Do Twitter strangle their non-app visitors or something. I can never actually see anything somebody links from Twitter and that annoys me.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: September 03, 2018, 07:49:12 am »

Do Twitter strangle their non-app visitors or something. I can never actually see anything somebody links from Twitter and that annoys me.
Well, one thing is that the Twitter layout can be somewhat confusing for someone who doesn't use it regularly.

Another thing is yes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4481 on: September 06, 2018, 05:01:38 am »

My sister will be in Warsaw and Gdansk in a couple of weeks on a business trip, with some free time. Any highlights she should know about to check out while she's there?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: September 06, 2018, 05:53:34 am »

My sister will be in Warsaw and Gdansk in a couple of weeks on a business trip, with some free time. Any highlights she should know about to check out while she's there?
Soplica Orzech Włoski. Walnut-flavored vodka. It is magical. Also check out their hazelnut vodka.

Also probably some historical locations or whatever, I don't know.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: September 06, 2018, 10:44:26 am »

If anyone has a solution, I'd be happy to hear that too.
don't use Twitch
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4484 on: September 06, 2018, 10:50:22 am »

IIRC it's because Twitch either doesn't use any bitrate scaling or has an incredibly poor implementation of it. If a streamer is using a high bitrate (3500KB/s [kilobytes? kilobits? not sure] being the max), you have to download at that speed (scaled for resolution). A lot of the time, there isn't even any discernible benefit to the high bitrate.

More civilised platforms like Mixer and YouTube do some kind of tweaking of the bitrate to accomodate your connection, AFAIK. I'm hazy on the details, but that's something like how it went last I checked.

I hate Twitch with a passion as a streaming service. It's got some really cool functions and a lot about it that I like, but the base platform is just shocking.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 637