Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 638

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 691391 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #6390 on: October 18, 2020, 03:51:38 pm »

Will say for the canned chicken (or a lot of things, really), a bit of seasoning goes a long way. Cheapo teriyaki or soy sauce has long been my go-to, there. Tends to be pretty strong, so you don't need much, can sit around for a while, soy at the absolute least doesn't really need refrigeration, etc.

Nowadays I'd probably pick up some curry powder or lemon pepper or whatever, so yeah, definitely second that suggestion. Stuff tends to not need much, so it goes a long way.

... similarly, if you do pick up ramen etc. noodles, just... don't use all of a flavor pack. Use like a third or a quarter, the about the same in other stuff you fix up. The seasoning involved is both extremely strong and extremely bad for you, so rationing it out over several meals can be... wise.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: October 19, 2020, 04:20:47 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:09:11 pm by dragdeler »
let

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: October 20, 2020, 04:44:36 am »

I'd like to ask you guys a question. Do the shapes below look like they have the same area? Don't pull out your calculator or whatever, just tell me if they look like they occupy the same amount of 2D space. They're on the same x-y scale; 1 unit of length on one shape is the same unit of length on the other. I'll reveal the answer in... whenever I think I have enough answers.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: October 20, 2020, 05:00:58 am »

They look approximately the same area to me..  There's a neural predisposition to say the blue figure is smaller, but if you look more earnestly at the area of the rectangle covered, (or rather, NOT covered, by the red figure), they seem pretty equivalent in area.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: October 20, 2020, 05:18:13 am »

They look the same to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: October 20, 2020, 05:43:58 am »

I'd like to ask you guys a question. Do the shapes below look like they have the same area? Don't pull out your calculator or whatever, just tell me if they look like they occupy the same amount of 2D space. They're on the same x-y scale; 1 unit of length on one shape is the same unit of length on the other. I'll reveal the answer in... whenever I think I have enough answers.

No, one appear to be a bit to the left of the other
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: October 20, 2020, 05:51:18 am »

Well, yes, but that was not the question. :P

The question was if they appear to have the same area or not.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: October 20, 2020, 07:00:44 am »

Second and third question: how long did it take for you to come to your conclusion? If you saw that for 10-ish seconds (such as in a presentation), would you get the same answer?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: October 20, 2020, 07:07:50 am »

If I was this question with these two symbols I would I assume they are the same because of the question and the shape of the two symbols not looking alike
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: October 20, 2020, 07:30:02 am »

I mean, the black shape is clearly the largest of the three, area wise.

Dunno how long it took to come to that conclusion, though. Less than a minute, at least? Took re-reading the question to make sure it didn't specify number or specific shapes, just "shapes" plural with no further specificity, which leaves you with a red and blue that may or may not comprise roughly the same area and a black that's probably larger than the other two combined.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: October 20, 2020, 07:35:21 am »

If we're judging between the red and the blue, I'd say no... Red seems like it'd be slightly smaller. I say that because that's how it went in my brain when trying to smoosh it into sort of the same shape as blue. Then again, I have historically terrible awareness for these things, so YMMV.

If I saw that for less time during a presentation? No, I'd probably just assume that they were both the same size, because that's exactly the kind of typical shit someone would pull to illustrate how "wild and crazy" our perceptions of things are.

EDIT: In regards to food and stuff, black turtle beans actually have higher iron content than spinach! But you don't get the phytonutrients from leafy greens  :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: October 20, 2020, 08:41:32 am »

If I was this question with these two symbols I would I assume they are the same because of the question and the shape of the two symbols not looking alike
Yeah, this.  It took me another 5 seconds or so to gauge the shapes and determine that the one on the left appears larger.  But I assume they're the same size (either could be larger, though, if it's an extra tricky gambit).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: October 20, 2020, 09:55:32 am »

My first thought is that blue looks like the complement of red's parabola and would be twice as big, but the corners don't look quite right.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: October 20, 2020, 01:36:44 pm »

My first thought is that blue looks like the complement of red's parabola and would be twice as big, but the corners don't look quite right.

Same here.

By which I mean "this was my thought process as well," not "I don't look quite right," though I guess you would have to judge for yourself

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: October 20, 2020, 02:03:20 pm »

Nope. It most certainly is NOT the parabolic compliment.

What I did in my head, is more like this:

(The green boundaries are not identical, this is a quick and dirty in MS paint. Sue me.)

In order for Red Shape, and Blue Shape to have the same area, the remainder fractions A and B must also be equal.

You can EASILY deduce that the blue shape is NOT the parabolic compliment, because it neatly fits inside its 50% of the bounding box triangle. If it was the parabolic compliment, it would cross that imaginary line. 

« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 02:26:01 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 638