Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 88

Author Topic: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies  (Read 130315 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2012, 09:41:02 pm »

The Matrix goes through an endless cycle until Neo, but by Third Matrix I am referring to the aesthetic of it being the third implimented (After the Paradise and Nightmare Matrixes), not that it was actually the third cycle.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2012, 03:19:57 pm »

The fourth Terminator movie was very puzzling from the very beginning.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 12:22:24 am by TallAsAHouseDwarf »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2012, 11:13:00 am »

I suppose... yes, actually. Sky would hum along like a computer on but idling after it killed its previous owners. Though the stupidity indicates a mental flaw.

In Batman: Dark Knight Rising

Batman Begins

... Don't start me onthe subject of the bomb being improbable >.>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2012, 07:36:20 pm »

The cellphone radar in the second batman.

Other than that not much threw me off with the second movie.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2012, 08:23:05 pm »

The bomb detonation mechanism was explained in the movie actually, and they had to work to stop it. They crossed of radio and other stuff I belive and the method itself was via som EM pulse or something, they had this small device from the Batwing that would detect and block it I belive.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2012, 08:48:58 pm »

...A device the size of your fist is going to protect a 10 foot wide bomb from radiation? How does that work?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2012, 09:00:45 pm »

Signal jammer.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2012, 04:13:15 am »

...A device the size of your fist is going to protect a 10 foot wide bomb from radiation? How does that work?
Magic :3

Seriously though that bomb would've irradiated the local Gotham waters, turned batman into carbon and caused major flooding.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2012, 04:26:21 am »

I think it was implied that Batman turned autopilot on and got away from the blast radius xD

But yes, detonating it in the water should have been disaster for the whole world.

Also, what I'm going at was that the signal shouldn't have been able to be received inside the truck, which was lead coated enough to block radiation, unless there was a signal relay from outside to inside which there is no proof of :P

Also ... I find it skeptical that a fusion reactor's core would asplode like that. I think it would just melt down or turn off when it ran out of battery instead of exploding.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2012, 04:33:45 am »

Fusion reactors can't explode. (Depends on which types you use. A tomakak can't explode, and the type they develop at the national ignition facility is made to explode, hence why they fire lasers at it). Reasons for that is that they use a severe underpressure. This also means that they can't meltdown. There simply isn't enough thermal energy in the system to melt through the reactor plating. Worst case scenario would be a critical failure of the magnetic containment system (It, the magnets tearing themselves apart) or an ignition of the cooling liquid, which is for some reason extremely flammable. But anyway, fusion generators in movies never make sense. They are always way to small, and therefore way below the point where they get a break-even.

Unless they are using some kind of handwaved high pressure fusion reactor, but that is just idiotic. Unless you got ridiculous magnetic fields and extremely high temperature materials it'd melt before you can even turn it on. (That's not speaking of the enormous amount of energy you'd need to turn it on).

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 06, 2012, 04:40:00 am »

I feel bad saying this, but in Schindler's list someone hides in an upright piano, and yet it still makes a noise when the keys are pressed. To have fitted inside there, the piano would have had to have been stripped of all components, rendering it useless and noiseless.
That was just a TINY problem I had with the film, breaking a bit of immersion, but other than that it's very touching.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #176 on: August 06, 2012, 04:50:41 am »

I think it was implied that Batman turned autopilot on and got away from the blast radius xD
The autopilot that is mentioned to be useless and broken?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2012, 05:04:30 am »

The autopilot that is mentioned to be useless and broken?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2012, 05:07:02 am »

I'm willing to forgive all the problems with Batman 3 if...
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2012, 05:07:40 am »

The very same that turns out to be fixed by Wayne a few months earlier.

Also, I really don't get why people are annoyed by the whole bomb exploding over water thing, it wasn't that powerfull in the first place and the Batwing was fast enough to get it a fair distance away from the city in time (remeber it could outrun those missles in the city, now image moving in a straight line, tho it was encumbered slighty).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 88