Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004490 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #345 on: August 11, 2012, 08:03:33 pm »

"This chemical is widely referred to as "adrenaline" outside the United States"
blame the wiki when the Foreigner gets it wrong and the movie.

*sigh*

gotta love how nobody knows anything about any other countries, but one or two are still considered the "most ignorant" you know?

I mean, if you were to write out a list of every incorrect assumption/stereotype about other countries, you would have one hell of a long list.
Thankfully this just means even more content for this thread!

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 11, 2012, 09:11:45 pm »

"Did anyone notice that the only people who ever win at Olympic sprinting are all... darker than us?"

-A friend of mine, totally not a racist. Yeah...

most I belive are african from a mountains part, they have genetically bigger lungs or slightly more efficent blood than us short fat whies who could not run to save our life.
They (official types) go after drugs in athletes, what about genetic superority for running strenght etc.  could you claim the extra adrenaline (Epinephrine to USA) or testosterone was natural or unfair advantage.
Popular claiim running abourt here was the chinese girl who beat the swimming by so much was result of chinese communist breeding profgram from the past finaly bearing results. Mind you russians were also at that and they are not blowing away records. Maybe they just did military stuff.

The whole point of the Olympics is that if you have a natural advantage, you should use it. They don't make tall basketball players play on their knees. They don't make short weightlifters wear 12 inch platform shoes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 11, 2012, 09:13:35 pm »

Both events would be entirely improved by those adjustments, though. So, uh. Sure, let's do silly things to even stuff out.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

The Mechanical Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Brian Steelhelm the Disciplined
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 11, 2012, 09:22:41 pm »

I believe it is scientifically proven that Africans have, on average, a center of gravity higher than Caucasians. This means that they are better sprinters by nature. On the flip side however, the higher center of gravity means that Africans are not as naturally good at swimming. This is why you see Africans dominating the track, but you don't see them at all in Olympic swimming events. 
Quote from: XxoriginxX
The upside is that I have meat stores at around 1200 units now. And the bones... oh, the sweet, sweet bones...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 11, 2012, 10:21:02 pm »

I believe it is scientifically proven that Africans have, on average, a center of gravity higher than Caucasians. This means that they are better sprinters by nature. On the flip side however, the higher center of gravity means that Africans are not as naturally good at swimming. This is why you see Africans dominating the track, but you don't see them at all in Olympic swimming events. 
the swimming thing is from bone density. It's actually been scientifically proven that Africans or those of African descent are better at running, but for the life of me, I can't remember why.

... Environment? Caucasians in the past seemed to live in mostly mountainous or hilly terrain eg Europe. Africans lived in... Africa, which has a surplus of flat savannas, flat plains, and other places that are pretty flat. Not saying there are no mountains there, which there are, but it seems the majority of the terrain is mostly flat.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 11, 2012, 10:22:47 pm »

I was taught that adrenaline is the name for the actual chemical and epinephrine is used for the artificial form, similar to how hydrocortisone is the name for the artificial form of cortisol.
Nothing important here, move along.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 11, 2012, 10:26:57 pm »

I was taught that adrenaline is the name for the actual chemical and epinephrine is used for the artificial form, similar to how hydrocortisone is the name for the artificial form of cortisol.

Yes, that is also what I've heard. Epinephrine is what they give me for bee stings (I'm allergic, like probably a third of you) and it is just artifical adrenaline. But you can't inject it into your veins or you'll die. Trippy shit, yo.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 11, 2012, 10:37:26 pm »

If you injected it into the vein, it would go straight to the heart. Imagine several times the amount of adrenaline your entire body usually handles right inside the most hard-worked organ.
Nothing important here, move along.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 11, 2012, 10:39:53 pm »

Yeah. That's why they say to stab it into the outside of your thigh. No veins/arteries to hit accidentally right there.
He's fucking with us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 11, 2012, 10:41:01 pm »

Cross-posted from the vanilla Minecraft thread:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1414560-herocraft-plugin-development-ddosd-by-brazilian-craftlandia-server/

"You haven't released a plugin update in the eleven days since the new Minecraft version has been released. We're now going to DDoS you until your development team quits and people stop playing on your servers." Not an exact quote, but close enough. The stupidity of this person hurts.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 11, 2012, 10:44:01 pm »

Cross-posted from the vanilla Minecraft thread:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1414560-herocraft-plugin-development-ddosd-by-brazilian-craftlandia-server/

"You haven't released a plugin update in the eleven days since the new Minecraft version has been released. We're now going to DDoS you until your development team quits and people stop playing on your servers." Not an exact quote, but close enough. The stupidity of this person hurts.
The stupidity of the minecraft community continues to reach increasing levels every week. Seriously, they're really fucking stupid.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 12, 2012, 12:34:26 am »

Both events would be entirely improved by those adjustments, though. So, uh. Sure, let's do silly things to even stuff out.
NOOO! No goddammit don't do Harrison Bergeron!!!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 12, 2012, 01:09:02 am »

The stupidity of the minecraft community continues to reach increasing levels every week. Seriously, they're really fucking stupid.

I honestly wish this crap surprised me though, but its quite clear that the craftlandia fucks are really really shitty human beings.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 12, 2012, 01:16:33 am »

Isn't stupidity common of any fandom that reaches a certain population though? I mean there ARE a lot of stupid people in this world, if you attract enough people, some of them are BOUND to be stupid.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 12, 2012, 02:19:33 am »

Reading that thread about the Minecraft thing, and some of the emails from the DDoS guy, i get the feeling the attacker feels threatened. He keeps going on (paraphrasing) "your RPG mod is a pathetic, stupid idea, MineCraft is perfect right out of the box, our server will always be #1".

So, the attackers are admins, not developers, and see themselves as big-wigs in the server rankings. They're DDoSing some guys who are getting popular by developing a modded version of the game with a unique flavor.

Yeah, they talk big about how "pathetic" the mod is, but why DDoS if it's so pathetic? They definitely feel threatened because they have 1% of the talent/brains of their targets, and know they can't compete if really cool modded servers kick off.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 02:21:13 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 510