Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002156 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #840 on: August 22, 2012, 11:24:45 am »

My people run a ski-shop in the Semmerings. I guess I should go buy a tub of ski wax. IT'S IN MY BLOOOOOOD
My wooden badge was delicious.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 22, 2012, 11:25:29 am »

As a Minnesotan I can tell you, the Dakotas are not a 'buffer' for hicksvill. If you know what I mean.

Nice though. Nice Hicks.

Fargo's only mildly hicky. The rest is pretty hicktacular, though.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 22, 2012, 11:58:15 am »

"watched an hour video today about bread. thought to myself... i'm asian... my people eat rice... i don't even LIKE bread...!"

The glaring stupidity of this comment really pisses me off. Most Asians don't even EAT rice naturally unless they're from the South. Wheat and barley are the most common grains in mid to Northeast China, not even including the arid inner reaches of China to Mongolia and Central Asia. But yeah, up here, we eat a LOT of bread. So don't go and say "My people eat rice." That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.

Perpetuate baseless stereotypes, why don't you. In the name of "your people."
Meh...just meant they're guilty of extending whatever subgroup of Asian they are to the entire region. There *are* a lot of Asians who eat a fuckton of rice. Just not Beiren (mian and baozi FTW!)

FWIW, depending on which "my people" you're talking about, my people mostly got exterminated/displaced/oppressed by Stalin/the English/the Union Army.
RedKing's family tree: NOT WINNING since 1715.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 12:00:31 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 22, 2012, 12:25:46 pm »

A lot of people have probably heard about this, but that one guy in the US running for office in...Minnesota, I think? Anyway, he said something about a woman's body being able to stop a pregnancy in the case of "legitimate rape."
The fuck.

I believe he meant "legitimate rape" not as in "rape that is justified" but as in "rape that is actually rape".

His science is still bullshit, I'm not supporting him. It's just that the comment was said badly, and made him look extra-dumb.
Rape that is actually rape, opposed to what? How the hell do you decide if something is rape but not actually rape?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 22, 2012, 12:27:03 pm »

Three words: Insane Troll Logic.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 22, 2012, 12:30:22 pm »

A lot of people have probably heard about this, but that one guy in the US running for office in...Minnesota, I think? Anyway, he said something about a woman's body being able to stop a pregnancy in the case of "legitimate rape."
The fuck.

I believe he meant "legitimate rape" not as in "rape that is justified" but as in "rape that is actually rape".

His science is still bullshit, I'm not supporting him. It's just that the comment was said badly, and made him look extra-dumb.
Rape that is actually rape, opposed to what? How the hell do you decide if something is rape but not actually rape?
As opposed to statutory rape (which could be consensual sex, just with a minor). We went over this in the Election Megathread. They want to make sure 15-year olds who get knocked up have to live with the consequences, or something.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 22, 2012, 12:32:22 pm »

It is astounding what insanity normal seeming people will hold to as fact. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 22, 2012, 01:15:08 pm »

It is astounding what insanity normal seeming people will hold to as fact. :/
But if you change one letter of fact, it turns to face, and you know that *insert person here* has a trustworthy face!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 22, 2012, 01:15:54 pm »

The fuck.

As opposed to statutory rape (which could be consensual sex, just with a minor). We went over this in the Election Megathread. They want to make sure 15-year olds who get knocked up have to live with the consequences, or something.

There's a lot more than just that. "Legitimate rape" tends to just count as violent/forcible rape by a stranger in a back alley.

Get too drunk and some guy takes advantage of you? Doesn't count, you shouldn't have gotten drunk. Someone pressures and threatens you until you agree to have sex with them? Well, you agreed so it obviously doesn't count. Decide against having sex with this guy in the middle of foreplay, but he keeps going against your will? You definitely consented, doesn't count.

Delegitimizing rape happens all the time. Akin was just the first guy to recently put it in such blunt words.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 22, 2012, 02:05:45 pm »

Get too drunk and some guy takes advantage of you? Doesn't count, you shouldn't have gotten drunk.

A case like that in Finland ended up with the rapist going free... simply because both he and the girl were drunk, and had done so voluntarily. I always have trouble wrapping my head around "under the influence of alcohol" being a working excuse in finnish court...

Run someone over with a car? You'll pretty much get a worse punishment for driving drunk then running someone over while drunk... Heck, the former may end with you losing your license if you do it often enough...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
drowning babies everywhere o-o

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 22, 2012, 02:12:52 pm »

Well if they're both drunk and acting stupid, I don't know why it defaults to the man being at fault.

I suppose it depends how one acts when drunk. It doesn't excuse their actions, after all. But when it's one person's word against another (with no other evidence to go on), I don't think the guy's gonna win.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 22, 2012, 02:25:29 pm »

The fuck.

Ah, that is at least better than the "It's not rape if she 'wanted it'" Bullshit I've been hearing.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 22, 2012, 02:37:29 pm »

Well if they're both drunk and acting stupid, I don't know why it defaults to the man being at fault.

I suppose it depends how one acts when drunk. It doesn't excuse their actions, after all. But when it's one person's word against another (with no other evidence to go on), I don't think the guy's gonna win.

The only reason why the woman/girl being drunk has any bearing as "rape" is that females tend to be smaller, and thus are more susceptible to drunkenness after drinking the same amount of alcohol as the man in question, who could still be perfectly clear-minded while she's drunk as a fish.

I would still say "your fault you got drunk, slut", but then every wannabe-feminist poser in the country would be on my case :/

Anyway, off the politics! To stupidity.

My brother, endless font of sources for this thread, announced his intention to learn Russian, just so he could say stupid little inflammatory crap about Pr[ime Minister/esident] Volodya and/or communism. Then began bitching about how hard it is to learn another language, and harassing me for help with a language I have no knowledge of either.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 22, 2012, 02:40:30 pm »

The only reason why the woman/girl being drunk has any bearing as "rape" is that females tend to be smaller, and thus are more susceptible to drunkenness after drinking the same amount of alcohol as the man in question, who could still be perfectly clear-minded while she's drunk as a fish.

I would still say "your fault you got drunk, slut", but then every wannabe-feminist poser in the country would be on my case :/

Anyway, off the politics! To stupidity.

My brother, endless font of sources for this thread, announced his intention to learn Russian, just so he could say stupid little inflammatory crap about Pr[ime Minister/esident] Volodya and/or communism. Then began bitching about how hard it is to learn another language, and harassing me for help with a language I have no knowledge of either.
In soviet russia, language breaks you

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 22, 2012, 02:57:51 pm »

My school sent out an email today about parking. It was full of stupid.

They made the parking spots closest to the classroom buildings into faculty/staff only spots, which makes parking worse for the students. Oh well. The stupid part was that they advertised a special parking pass for faculty and staff who want to be environmentally friendly. By only being allowed to park in the furthest lot from campus, you'll be able to get more exercise and decrease on-campus pollution!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 510