Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002110 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #4635 on: April 22, 2013, 02:11:10 pm »

God, that "Fist of Jesus" was hilarious.

Also, concerning the Greenlandic song:

This further supports my "well-researched" conclusion that with an acoustic guitar and the right vocal range, you can sing in literally any language and sound like an American speaking English (save for the bizarre "ll" fricative and so forth).

I can provide previous evidence from Spanish, Japanese, and Russian.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:58:22 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: April 22, 2013, 03:49:12 pm »

God, that "Fist of Jesus" was hilarious.

Also, concerning the Greenlandic song:

This further supports my "well-researched" conclusion that with an acoustic guitar and the right vocal range, you can sing in literally any language and sound like an American speaking English (save for the bizarre "ll" fricative and so forth).

I can provide previous evidence from Spanish, Japanese, and Russian.
My old Spanish teacher had a similar theory, except he tested it in Afrikaans.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: April 22, 2013, 04:01:52 pm »

A, sharing a photo on Facebook: Hurricane season is almost upon us, and the storms keep trucking on!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
B: The picture says it's not a real storm, just a trivia question :)
A: Oh ok

I cannot comprehend the sheer willful ignorance it takes to ignore a caption like that, but the "Oh ok" is somehow even more disenheartening.
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: April 22, 2013, 05:34:24 pm »

My brother, yelling as loudly, threateningly, and authoritatively as he could muster: "I DON'T HAVE AN ANGER ISSUE!"

Honestly, I think he needs some tranquilizer. Then a psychiatrist. And some more tranquilizers.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: April 22, 2013, 05:36:46 pm »

My brother, yelling as loudly, threateningly, and authoritatively as he could muster: "I DON'T HAVE AN ANGER ISSUE!"

Honestly, I think he needs some tranquilizer. Then a psychiatrist. And some more tranquilizers.
This. Also,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: April 22, 2013, 05:37:39 pm »

Being angry doesn't mean that he has an anger issue.
That would be if he's angry when he shouldn't be.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: April 22, 2013, 05:42:36 pm »

He can be extremely unstable and nearly explode over the smallest things. Being angry some of the time is understandable and perfectly normal, but honestly i can't think of anyone with a shorter fuse than him.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: April 22, 2013, 06:36:57 pm »

Give him a punching bag to work out on whenever he gets in that mood.
That way he could concentrate his anger on something specific without potentially harming anyone?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: April 22, 2013, 10:22:01 pm »

That way he could concentrate his anger on something specific without potentially harming anyone?

Catharsis is a lie. Humans are creatures of habit. If you always punch things when you get angry, you're going to associate punching things with feeling better. And since anger lowers you inhibitions about violence and clouds your thinking process, that is definitely Not Good.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: April 22, 2013, 10:27:36 pm »

Catharsis is a lie. Humans are creatures of habit. If you always punch things when you get angry, you're going to associate punching things with feeling better. And since anger lowers you inhibitions about violence and clouds your thinking process, that is definitely Not Good.
This man speaks the truth.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: April 22, 2013, 10:28:22 pm »

And since anger lowers you inhibitions about violence and clouds your thinking process, that is definitely Not Good.
I find that anger clears the clouds and gives me increased clarity.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: April 22, 2013, 10:29:50 pm »

And since anger lowers you inhibitions about violence and clouds your thinking process, that is definitely Not Good.
I think you're talking about Anger, while what Hans is referring to is rage. 2 different things.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: April 22, 2013, 10:30:39 pm »

Everyone is different, in some cases. For the most part though, it's bad to punch things when you're angry because then you punch whatever is nearby when you're angry. Like metal things. Walls. People. Your children. Don't do that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: April 22, 2013, 10:33:51 pm »

Analytically speaking, yes, but that only applies to the short term. You're still more likely to do stuff you'll regret. If you're talking about what I think you are, it's most likely that you are experiencing mental clarity in abstract though only, with the critical thinking parts still inhibited. But, since I don't know you, I shouldn't really judge. Sorry if this sounded too condescending.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: April 22, 2013, 11:20:14 pm »

I find that anger gives me clarity of thought and purpose. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that those are constructive or morally acceptable thoughts and purposes, particularly considering how much it takes to make me genuinely angry these days. Just a thought.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 510