Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 559378 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Beware the Aussie
« Reply #1065 on: November 07, 2012, 07:48:31 pm »

Er... yikes.  Any way we can help out?  Order a pizza maybe?

Not really. I did manage to find enough change around the car to buy a chicken sandwich from mcdonalds, luckily. I suppose nobody will be having their head bitten off tonight. :P

In greater news, there was only one more death after NCommander: ThatAussieDwarf. Also Nexus' fault. She's up and murderingrunning again, and I got her locked outside. I suppose that Seth should be warned ahead of time not to let her out of her "mansion" until a significant enough number of zombies accumulates to distract/defend her from goblins. Maybe have her stockpile corpses out in the tundra to let them reanimate. At that point she may be able to operate mostly-unmolested, save for the horrible syndrome-causing mists and rains floating around.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:52:54 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 07, 2012, 08:49:58 pm »

New archive version out. Finally managed to get Spish's turn and what Eric did so far in after THREE crashes.

And by out I mean sometime soon. It's currently uploading.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 08, 2012, 02:46:32 pm »

Almost sounds like you're trying to use MY computer. Can't do shit without crashing everything. :P

Anyway, I'm trying to upload my files now. Having trouble finding my USB drive in the system.

Nevermind, gonna have to do it tomorrow; I goofed on the file :(
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:48:49 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 08, 2012, 09:29:10 pm »

I have my next journal ready to post, and I'll wait for the next update to post it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 09, 2012, 03:03:47 pm »

This is very rushed, so sorry. I have to get to class.

Save
I make Spellcrafts!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 09, 2012, 03:20:06 pm »

Going to notify Seth and update the OP.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 09, 2012, 11:05:20 pm »

Ah, so you DID cancel my designations that were supposed to flood the entire lower part of the fortress. Curses.
And make sure the dead get buried, for Armok’s sakes!
Cept Dinjy, who specifically requested not to be buried.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 10, 2012, 12:46:18 am »

Fuck it

I still need to read this thread's archive to know wtf is going on (And probably FailCannon and Hellcannon to, cause, yeah, history), but I'll have enough time before my turn comes around to do that.

So, uh, I want a turn. I'll dorf myself when it comes to that (if that's how this works--first succession fort so it'll be interesting to see...)

Edit: And you don't have to bury him, but for Armok's sake, give him an engraved slab so his spirit doesn't rise from wherever it is Andreus vacations to and induces a Tantrum Fun Spiral
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:10:05 am by laularukyrumo »
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 10, 2012, 05:27:30 am »

Edit: And you don't have to bury him, but for Armok's sake, give him an engraved slab so his spirit doesn't rise from wherever it is Andreus vacations to and induces a Tantrum Fun Spiral

But... but then he wouldn't come back again.  :-[

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 10, 2012, 09:10:16 am »

That Aussie Kid's death was merely a setback for his nefarious plans. Anyway, Seth sent confirmation that he will take his turn.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 10, 2012, 09:54:53 am »

Alright, now for my journal post! It's long, so I'll put it in spoilers so I don't fill the page with crap that I don't even think anybody reads.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 10, 2012, 07:35:13 pm »

Ah, so you DID cancel my designations that were supposed to flood the entire lower part of the fortress. Curses.
And make sure the dead get buried, for Armok’s sakes!
Cept Dinjy, who specifically requested not to be buried.

He might have been stuffed in a coffin anyway. I wasn't keeping track of who goes in which box, just seeing how many boxes I need to set up before at least one of them isn't assigned to someone the instant I unpause. Turns out the catacombs are gonna be a bit small.

And that was your idea of a waterfall? Huh. It got me the first time, but after my system crashed I remembered to undesignate that because it made a right mess of the place. Then I undesignated it three more times until I'd saved at a later point. I don't think anybody got hurt, but I could be wrong.
I make Spellcrafts!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 11, 2012, 06:40:09 am »

6 dorfmoods out of 10 agree, it was very much a waterfall. A lovely, lovely waterfall that fills our hearts with happiness (and our fortress with water).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 10:02:04 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 11, 2012, 09:41:49 am »

While I'm a little miffed about possibly not being buried, at the same time, my death was so stupid that I just don't care about anything anymore. I mean, my head exploded, what else would I do with my (dwarven) life? I've already done head explosion.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 10:42:41 pm by Dinjoralo »

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 13, 2012, 12:00:30 am »

So my dwarf lost a leg, and got kicked outside?

Sweet.

May I request another dorfing?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 136