Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1175740 times)

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Drunk Fortress: Come and Smell the Ashes]
« Reply #4605 on: September 03, 2016, 07:10:28 pm »

6:58   -  shot of smirnofg. not everclear by a long shot, but the burning is gone after more spritew. also watching linus tech tips and re-watched same video section like, 4 times. drunk = so distraction. oh well! bwahaha. lets go in for another shot!
That's the spirit!

Well, spirit when imbiding spirits but that is nitpicking

edit:
OK I will use this for the thread, and re-post the lineup: (oh cool, it started a new page, how convenient)

[spoiler]
well, is messy, but is 27" HP ips. is ok, lil washed out, and a 24" asus gaming monitor, idk the specificals. is nice when have therapist, but ^&*$% if i can figure out how to mod that in right now to mine. i say just blah, ill do without i guess. my rig, because I R proud of it... i7 6700k, coolermaster v8 cooler (air, but AWESOME!), gtx 970 (i so want 1080 but cant justify cost, blah), 16gb ddr4 (i cant recal brand atm), 850w evga supernova, a 1tb samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x 1tb 7200 rpm hdds. is nice i think. need a gpu upgrade, but ehhh, mnoney. dwarf fortress only needs cpu baby anyways! yahaha 6700k!

also i figured why my shorts unbuttoned, too tight with button! let unbutton commence!
Hey, that's nice. Certainly is better than my pc. (well, it used to be really good but that was years ago back when I could afford it) What frequency is your 6700k running and how's the temperature?
What are you trying to mod in? The Rapist for the current version?
Well, been there and done that (while taking a turn during an older version) Just ignore it. Trying to conjure up a new memory_layout while drunk is not worth it (and atleast I couldn't do it back then) and playing without the rapist will just make the turn more memorable.

Hey, Neptunia games on your desktop! Nep nep, Nep ded. (or atleast during mk2 conquest end)

the rapsit woudl be nie but i not sure i could quickly accomplish sober, let alone drunks. idk even about dfhack. i somehow got a mashup tileset that orta works.

yes nep nep! love the nep nep! xept dont work with shield stream controller, sad, maybe 2 or 3 does, but not 1. nep nep!

*** as to 6700k i just have it at stock 4ghz atm. i could OC with that cooler a fairbit but since my gpu is da bottleneck not worth it atm. well for DF maybe, but i run that usually on my laptop which is a 2.3-2.9 i5. i only doing on desktop for df drunlk fort night bc is powerfull and i assume tyhat you all have messed up so much in DF that FPS may be issue haha. i need a new lappy tho. have to wait and save tho

bak to main point htoi, the temps on the i7 6700k are greta. i figure if i dont hit a voltage wall i could OC this a fair bit on air. best pc part ive ever bought, and i havent regretted it onc!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 07:13:38 pm by Meddadog »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: September 03, 2016, 10:21:18 pm »

Oh boy, that was great! :))
I don't have much idea of what was going on, but it was a fun read nonetheless.

side not i no longer fele my facdre.

m y chaifr has betrayed me. now i off chair fell to ground and am playing from ground to desk.
This part was brilliant. Bahaha. Definitely worthy of the Memorable Quotes collection in my opinion!
Excellent job on your first turn!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: September 04, 2016, 03:11:55 am »

There are 33 shorukes now. They are breeding.
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: September 04, 2016, 04:23:10 am »

There are 33 shorukes now. They are breeding.

Rule 34 of Shoruke confirmed.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: September 04, 2016, 10:35:40 am »

Oh boy, that was great! :))
I don't have much idea of what was going on, but it was a fun read nonetheless.

side not i no longer fele my facdre.

m y chaifr has betrayed me. now i off chair fell to ground and am playing from ground to desk.
This part was brilliant. Bahaha. Definitely worthy of the Memorable Quotes collection in my opinion!
Excellent job on your first turn!

thank you. I dont think I had much idea what was going in either. between a really weird and scattered layout, and almost no dorfs ever working, I dont think much ever got accomplished. I mamaged to secure a door locked water source for bed dorfs, and start an office/bed/tomb for my named dorf, but it mever got finished. if it ever gets finished hauling furniture into it can someone please assign the 3 rooms to me?

I also feel I may have been more effective at an earlier stage fort, haha.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: September 12, 2016, 01:55:32 am »

Chara McDwarf cancels genocide run: having a bad time.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: September 12, 2016, 07:34:58 am »

The shadow of the ruins looms above, filling you with booze.
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: September 12, 2016, 07:36:37 am »

Playfully crinkling through the gobbo corpses fills you with booze.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: September 12, 2016, 11:29:42 am »

Kamin, much as I like being the entire poll in Drunk Fortress, I think we need a new poll.

Poll: Should the next fortress / turn be Dunk Fortress: spoiler-free Undertale Memes edition?
- yes
- no
- it should be Space Jam memes
- I don't even know what that memes means
- I am Shoruke
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:43:07 am by Shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: September 12, 2016, 11:47:01 am »

Poll: Should the next fortress / turn be Dunk Fortress: spoiler-free Undertale Memes edition?
   - yes
   - no
   - it should be Space Jam memes
   - I don't even know what that memes means
X - I am Shoruke
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: September 12, 2016, 11:58:39 am »

X - I am Shoruke

[Muffled Dogsong in the distance]
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: September 12, 2016, 04:54:43 pm »

x- It's a beautiful day outside.
x- Birds are singing,
x- Flowers are blooming...
x- on days like these,
x- kids like you...
x- Should be burning in hell.
- I am Shoruke

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: September 12, 2016, 07:33:40 pm »

Shoruke confirmed for skeleton.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: September 12, 2016, 11:01:35 pm »

Dunno when the next time I'll take a turn is, but Ceiling Cat willing, I'll do a pixel art dig designation of Sans when I do.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 341