Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48

Author Topic: Playerlogs from 2050  (Read 110282 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Playerlogs from 2050
« Reply #450 on: November 12, 2015, 08:25:07 am »

I've heard good things about the Fallout mod. Should I try it out? I usually just play vanilla, so mods are foreign to me.
((if you wanted actual mod advice...I cannot help you.))
Well, you can probably have most of it in vanilla anyway, just launch a missile at the elves and start mass turtling.  It just tweaks probabilities a bit in worldgen for a particular aesthetic.
Once DF added support for Personal Preferences Format, it automatically changes some of the settings based on your global preferences.  The easiest way to play "real vanilla" is to explicitly exclude DF in your global preferences... which will prevent any significant tech advances beyond around 1400CE.  Once this point is reached, any natural philosophers (since the word "scientist" itself isn't coined yet) in that world get very frustrated and the entire profession peters out in a generation or two.  Of course, elven natural philosophers are immortal and get to wallow in their frustration forever.  he he he
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 12, 2015, 08:33:16 am »

I still fondly remember an occurrence from years ago.

I had a dwarf go moody and received a message that she had claimed a workshop.

I gave up looking for her after a while, but imagine my surprise when my 3D printer produced a plate!  The image of an image of cheese was... mouthwatering to say the least.
Yeah, I had that happen once.  Only I had a recursive image.
It was accurate down to molecular levels.
My 3D printer doesn't have that much resolution.
Spooky.
I'm another, here, who had that problem.  I say 'problem', because in my case it was a training weapon.  And it was during the period when a Training version of the then-new-fangled non-lethal weaponry options was the exact functional inversion of a Training version of an actual dangerous weapon.  Cue some explaining needing doing to the authorities...

(And later on the distinct feeling that either I or the Dwarf Fortress Hive Mind was then done out of royalty payments.  Remember the news reports of the New Tuvalu rebels being 'pacified' the fifth, perhaps sixth, time round?  Yes, that thing...  And, yes, that probably does explain how it became a significant part of the Fractal Cheese War Machine Meme thing, that summer.)

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 12, 2015, 02:46:00 pm »

I've heard good things about the Fallout mod. Should I try it out? I usually just play vanilla, so mods are foreign to me.
((if you wanted actual mod advice...I cannot help you.))
Well, you can probably have most of it in vanilla anyway, just launch a missile at the elves and start mass turtling.  It just tweaks probabilities a bit in worldgen for a particular aesthetic.
be mindful of world metaphysics with that approach. it works if Sun- and Hell-fire are predominant. but things get.. weird when Renown is a major power source. like "I am Urist the Digger, and Mine is the pick that shall PEIRCE THE HEAVENS!" weird.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 13, 2015, 06:54:56 am »

I gave up looking for her after a while, but imagine my surprise when my 3D printer produced a plate!  The image of an image of cheese was... mouthwatering to say the least.
Spooky.
The thing that crawled out from my 3D printer while I was playing DF is now locked in the basement.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 13, 2015, 07:41:25 am »

Dear dwarves: MY 3D PRINTER WILL NOT HELP YOU.  STOP FLOODING MY BASEMENT WITH CHAIRS.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 13, 2015, 01:11:17 pm »

Thats nothing. They once took over my food fabricator and flooded my kitchen with dwarven ale, +cat tallow biscuits+, syrup roasts, and barrels of mosquito brains. That was a mess.

EDIT: Finally! Toady II is adding 128-bit support! Now can run the game natively, and we can run those 64x64 embarks on full detail level outside of deserts/mountains without crashing from trying to calculate all the blades of grass.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:23:53 pm by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 13, 2015, 03:40:09 pm »

Pah, you still use that smalll amount of bits! Us 262 bit-computer users can run embarks the size of New York City!

Not to mension how big it gets if you turn down the detail-level! Entire kingdoms in just one embark! Glorious days!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 13, 2015, 03:41:18 pm »

What.
You...No...That's not how you computers.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 13, 2015, 04:12:02 pm »

by the way, did they ever manage to figure out if the Berkley Riot was a fluke, or does DwarfTherapist's social analysis module acually have real-world applications?
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #459 on: November 14, 2015, 12:05:36 pm »

Spooky.
The thing that crawled out from my 3D printer while I was playing DF is now locked in the basement.
I've been forbidden from playing DF unless it's firmly cut off from the rest of the world. No internet, no cables, at all within the house, and an Extended Hyperdimensional Faraday Cagetrap around the house.

Of course, I still play it. I just use a bit of a hack to access the bay23forums. Seems I can make the robots think that the bays are just a simulation of a bunch of people typing, not really other people.

You are real, right?

Right?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 14, 2015, 12:06:31 pm »

Bay23?
You done been SCAMMED.
Sigtext

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #461 on: November 14, 2015, 02:18:44 pm »

Huh? How's this a scam?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 14, 2015, 02:34:06 pm »

Doesn't really matter, it's all Pathos anyway.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 14, 2015, 02:45:25 pm »

Huh? How's this a scam?
You want the Bay12 forums, not the Bay23 forums.  Which makes me wonder how this post is here but whatever.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 14, 2015, 06:04:11 pm »

Huh? How's this a scam?
You want the Bay12 forums, not the Bay23 forums.  Which makes me wonder how this post is here but whatever.

23's the wierd proxy one that was made to get around the firewalls some nations put up and has bots post posts from here there and there here, remember?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48