Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 238065 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a14) - Now with more PUPPIES!
« Reply #720 on: October 03, 2013, 12:15:56 am »

Wouldn't the laundry-carts situation* be fixed by having carts linked to a laundry room? Or possibly a designated amount per room, and as long as you have enough to fulfill those designations, it doesn't beep at you?

*both saying "YO WE DON'T HAVE CARTS" despite having like a bajillion in the fortprison, and having them all conglomerate into one laundry room.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 03, 2013, 11:11:01 am »

I'm having trouble finding tutorials, but my google-fu is weak. Where are some ones for complete beginners? I've had this game practically since release and never been able to get into it xD
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 03, 2013, 11:46:38 am »

I'd say watch a video or two and then just experiment from there.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 03, 2013, 11:54:47 am »

I'm having trouble finding tutorials, but my google-fu is weak. Where are some ones for complete beginners? I've had this game practically since release and never been able to get into it xD
The same way one learns to play Dwarf Fortress.
Trial and error. Mostly error.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 03, 2013, 11:57:41 am »

A healthy dose of editing your save file so you have money to work with doesn't hurt either :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 03, 2013, 09:23:08 pm »

It'd be nice if I can also put my prisoners to work with groundskeeping, so I save money there too
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 03, 2013, 09:54:54 pm »

The same way one learns to play Dwarf Fortress.
Trial and error. Mostly error.

For me Its pretty much just all error.

So playing the last version I created a prison, aaaaanndd It all goes down hill from there. Seeing how Its my first prison I'm not too beat up about it. It didn't end with a glorious riot, more or less people being upset and causing the most amount of mischief possible... Having 24 or so escaped prisoners and only 21 prisoners or so, I do believe Its time to start a new prison in the new version and hope the dogs solve the problem of the prisoners tunneling out of there cells each night...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 03, 2013, 09:58:09 pm »

hope the dogs solve the problem of the prisoners tunneling out of there cells each night...

Solve? Oh no. Never. Just help.

I would say grab a highly rated prebuilt starter prison and see how things work. They tend to be balanced.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 03, 2013, 10:11:23 pm »

Put a fence around your cells (at least), and do a shakedown (search of your cells) every few days. Your guards will find tunnels and mark them as fixing, and the cell won't be used until it's fixed by workers.

The fences are free, and give you time to find the tunnels before they reach freedom. 3-5 tiles away from the walls should do it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GobbieMarauder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 03, 2013, 10:32:48 pm »

Put a fence around your cells (at least), and do a shakedown (search of your cells) every few days. Your guards will find tunnels and mark them as fixing, and the cell won't be used until it's fixed by workers.

The fences are free, and give you time to find the tunnels before they reach freedom. 3-5 tiles away from the walls should do it.

I just wait for everyone to be at breakfast or something, then mass-order to search the cell-blocks. You'll still find the tunnels, but the prisoners themselves aren't searched (which is what makes them so mad). I never order searches of prisoners manually at this point, since metal detectors and dogs basically deal with it for me.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 03, 2013, 10:39:01 pm »

hope the dogs solve the problem of the prisoners tunneling out of there cells each night...

Solve? Oh no. Never. Just help.

I would say grab a highly rated prebuilt starter prison and see how things work. They tend to be balanced.

Bah! Who needs to figure out how things work anyways? *Goes into the corner and mutters about why I can't figure out how things work.*

I've tried (Shoddily at that) to try and put a fence around my prison, but by then It was already too late. I probably should have scrapped that prison and tried to create a new one at that point.

I just wait for everyone to be at breakfast or something, then mass-order to search the cell-blocks. You'll still find the tunnels, but the prisoners themselves aren't searched (which is what makes them so mad). I never order searches of prisoners manually at this point, since metal detectors and dogs basically deal with it for me.

Hm... I suppose that would solve the escaping problem, but having a bunch of my guards disposed each day to try and take care of that isn't ideal.

At this point having every prisoner all at once trying to escape each night is a pretty big nuisance, but I suppose that's because I'm terrible at this game and should try harder the next prison I make. :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 03, 2013, 11:07:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure there was a thing in the changelog about not every single prisoner would think of escaping at once or something.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 03, 2013, 11:12:08 pm »

Protip: just search the toilets each day, that'll find all the tunnels since they start from the toilets
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 04, 2013, 10:05:43 am »

I'm pretty sure there was a thing in the changelog about not every single prisoner would think of escaping at once or something.
Only clever prisoners try digging out now, and only 5%-20% of your prisoners has that trait. They also need digging tools.

Additionally, dogs can find tunnels, but will only reveal them when the prisoner happens to be digging at the time.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 04, 2013, 10:12:13 am »

Only clever prisoners try digging out now, and only 5%-20% of your prisoners has that trait. They also need digging tools.

Additionally, dogs can find tunnels, but will only reveal them when the prisoner happens to be digging at the time.

But they do scratch. You could exploit the thing by just making the upgraded walls everywhere except directly around your kennel. Tunnelers will prefer the easier path and BAM DOGS.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 107