Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 238061 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a18) - Don't tase me bro, I'm reformed
« Reply #885 on: March 28, 2014, 12:51:06 am »

My favourite bug of the day:

I had an early skirmish with some max sec prisoners that left a few dead, including one guard. Eh, that's too bad, but it happens. The dead prisoners were stored in the morgue, while the guard apparently died in a medical bed. The prisoners were taken out to a waiting hearse, as expected.

The dead guard, however, remained in a medical bed. For several weeks, his presumably decomposing body lay in respite, surrounded by the doctors that failed to save him. Nobody tried to move his body.

The best part? The hearse kept circling. Every few minutes, like a vehicular vulture, it circled the prison, waiting to see if anyone wanted to bring out the body.

Sadly, I fixed the bug by dismantling the bed. Watching that hearse do laps of my road was mildly hilarious!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 28, 2014, 12:56:51 am »

Wow, with all these new grants I might have to build a money pool for my prisoners to swim in.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 28, 2014, 01:21:27 pm »

Perhaps he was sheduled to be put in solitary, and you never build any/ didn't have any free spots.

((Or he was to be put on lockdown, but didn't have an individual cell.))

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 28, 2014, 01:44:50 pm »

You can adjust who ends up in solitary.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 28, 2014, 01:47:36 pm »

Well.

I had an unusual glitch where a prisoner was found with a spoon, and so cuffed.

Thing is, he was never uncuffed. He stayed there, well past his original 3-year sentence, in cuffs, refusing to move, starving, needing a crap, needing a shower, without privacy, comfort...

Cuffs are like some sort of magical torture device in this.

I've had that happen. Just save and quit, when you boot the game up it should fix itself.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 28, 2014, 04:11:36 pm »

My favourite bug of the day:

I had an early skirmish with some max sec prisoners that left a few dead, including one guard. Eh, that's too bad, but it happens. The dead prisoners were stored in the morgue, while the guard apparently died in a medical bed. The prisoners were taken out to a waiting hearse, as expected.

The dead guard, however, remained in a medical bed. For several weeks, his presumably decomposing body lay in respite, surrounded by the doctors that failed to save him. Nobody tried to move his body.

The best part? The hearse kept circling. Every few minutes, like a vehicular vulture, it circled the prison, waiting to see if anyone wanted to bring out the body.

Sadly, I fixed the bug by dismantling the bed. Watching that hearse do laps of my road was mildly hilarious!
I had this bug as well, except there were six dead guards in the beds, after my nearly prison-ending riot. AFAIK you don't actually need a medical bed for doctors to heal people, so all of them were decomposing in the infirmary until I decided to throw out all of the 100+ corpses from the mass riot.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 29, 2014, 02:23:56 pm »

Well.

I had an unusual glitch where a prisoner was found with a spoon, and so cuffed.

Thing is, he was never uncuffed. He stayed there, well past his original 3-year sentence, in cuffs, refusing to move, starving, needing a crap, needing a shower, without privacy, comfort...

Cuffs are like some sort of magical torture device in this.

I've had that happen. Just save and quit, when you boot the game up it should fix itself.
Happens, another solution is to click on the guy and right click elsewhere, to move him.  A guard will come by and fix him.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 30, 2014, 02:27:40 pm »

Hnnng. I got this game, got a super prison on my second go, after selling my first normal sized one. My only annoyance so far is the twerking that guards and workmen do, when they get stuck on a corner. But otherwise, fun times. Protip:Feed your prisoners well, it is the best thing you can do to make them happy.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 08, 2014, 10:54:31 pm »

Anybody have any tips for getting a basic prison up and running?

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 08, 2014, 11:44:37 pm »

Protip. Chain link fence is free. Use it liberally. When in doubt, use more.

Finance is easier since v19, just go easy on the non-essential buildings until you have everything running smoothly.

Plan stuff out with the planning tool at the start so you can get an idea of what goes where.

Think of zones where buildings are clumbed based on if they are prisoner zones, half prisoner half outisde, outsider only.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 09, 2014, 11:35:12 am »

As in the lakes?  I believe they can't be dug under or passed through.

Tip:
Holding Cell is best cell.  15x15 or more is good to have, depending on how much you procrastinate on individual cells.
Fed prisoners are content prisoners.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 09, 2014, 12:08:29 pm »

An amount of unfed prisoners on the other hand, are an incoming riot if you don't get on with the foodening.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 09, 2014, 12:43:57 pm »

Does water act as a completely impermeable barrier? Because I tried adding water, and it's resulted in a large part of the map being covered in the stuff, but enough room for a small prison half-enclosed with water.

It's supposed to be untunnel-able. It's certainly unwalkable. There's a nice 'island' start on the workshop. "Prison Island (Mini)"

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 09, 2014, 12:50:48 pm »

An amount of unfed prisoners on the other hand, are an incoming riot if you don't get on with the foodening.
It might be fun to get a huge riot or 2 going though.  So now you know how.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 09, 2014, 01:00:24 pm »

I have a 20X20 holding cell, if you count the walls.

Should I reuse the space when I get around to building a cell block?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 107