Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 181209 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #675 on: January 18, 2014, 12:36:11 pm »

> Are there Pony sprites
The problem is that to get pony sprites, you'd need to get a lot of them, by profession and race. Other creatures generally only get one or two sprites each. So no one did the ponies. With stonesense it's different, there are psrites for body, mane and tail, eyes, horns and wings and they get coloured and combined, so it is less work, especially with a script to do it.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 19, 2014, 09:43:05 am »

Well, I've never used Stonesense before (I only started playing Dwarf Fortress in November or December 2013). Is it difficult to use? Does it just need the second monitor? Because I do have one of those.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 19, 2014, 04:02:33 pm »

I've never used it either, but I think it just opens in another window.  So, you could just put it beside the regular DF window even on a single monitor.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 19, 2014, 08:00:20 pm »

Okay. So I found the StoneSense folder for this mod. Where do I get the images to put into it? :-\

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 19, 2014, 08:07:10 pm »

Never mind, I think I found it!
> I finally got around to picking a place to embark but when I started Stonesense it's just the default sprites. How do I change them to the pony ones?
Stonesense is not a part of this mod, so you have to install the pony sprite pack separately. Basically just download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71287918/Mlp/MLP_creatures.zip extract it in some directory and put it's index.txt into some index.txt in stonesesne. It's probably easiest to keep MLP stuff in stonesense/creatures/MLP, then add line "MLP/index.txt" to index.txt in stonesense/creatures

EDIT: Seems I still can't make heads or tails of what's what with StoneSense working. (I think mainly because it doesn't show the same view as DF.) There also seems to be an issue with the defaults, as they didn't have access to all the items and one even game be only females (which would make population growth difficult, I would think...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:00:59 am by Chimerat »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 13, 2014, 04:59:56 am »

> Are there Pony sprites
The problem is that to get pony sprites, you'd need to get a lot of them, by profession and race. Other creatures generally only get one or two sprites each. So no one did the ponies. With stonesense it's different, there are psrites for body, mane and tail, eyes, horns and wings and they get coloured and combined, so it is less work, especially with a script to do it.
Well actually you can only assign sprites to jobs and nobles, which is why no tilesets have female dwarves or anything like that in them. So it would either be quite a bit simpler to make a tileset, or impossible depending on your requirements.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 13, 2014, 07:30:13 am »

> Are there Pony sprites
Well actually you can only assign sprites to jobs and nobles, which is why no tilesets have female dwarves or anything like that in them. So it would either be quite a bit simpler to make a tileset, or impossible depending on your requirements.
You know... I'd never considered the "no female Dwarves" thing... I'd just thought DF went with the "female Dwarves have beards" trope.

Well... That likely means I'll never be able to make heads or tails of a Pony mod. Darn. *sighs*

Thanks for pointing that out, vjmdhzgr.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 13, 2014, 07:02:00 pm »

Female dwarves actually don't have beards by default in DF, believe it or not.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 17, 2014, 11:50:00 am »

Female dwarves actually don't have beards by default in DF, believe it or not.
However in the raws the dwarves have a tutorial for creature modding and you're told to give female dwarves beards.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 24, 2014, 06:50:56 pm »

> Are there Pony sprites

Back on the first thread, I actually did create a set of sprites...well rather I just took a bunch of vectors, shrunk em down and made them a little more clear, though I do seem to remember someone else making a better set, though I don't know if they ever got em out.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117374.msg4077905#msg4077905
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:55:28 pm by Tecknojock »

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 25, 2014, 08:23:14 pm »

You know, I'm worried the author's abandoned us. I don't think he's made a post in this thread since last year.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 25, 2014, 08:36:50 pm »

You know, I'm worried the author's abandoned us. I don't think he's made a post in this thread since last year.

Half a year exactly, last date active was last month.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 25, 2014, 11:20:26 pm »

Half a year exactly, last date active was last month.
At least we know we probably haven't suffered author existence failure. I do hope he'll come back whenever real life isn't getting in the way.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 26, 2014, 03:50:17 pm »

I half expect renewed interest once the new version of DF comes out (which I honestly believe will be within two months).  If Sorcerer doesn't return and update his mod for the new version someone will likely release a functional version soon after.

I don't use his mod directly, but have incorporated some of its features into an updated version of Nidokoenig's mod that I've been using since 0.31.25.  At the very least I'll be updating my personal version to work in the next DF release, and I'll try to remember to make that public when it's functional.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 27, 2014, 01:35:43 am »

It's all according to my plan. I've sent mutant cyborg alicorn OC assassins to the authors of every other MLP mod, so that mine is the only one left! *thunderclap* Mwahahaha! *thunderclap*x2

Seriously though, I hope Sorcerer comes back.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 81