Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221287 times)

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #735 on: December 03, 2012, 07:18:20 pm »

Tell gwen to displace as far forward as possible, drop the maces if we can do that quickly, and jump up into a tree. THEN attempt to hack horses apart with eon magic.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 03, 2012, 07:24:01 pm »

Tell gwen to displace as far forward as possible, drop the maces if we can do that quickly, and jump up into a tree. THEN attempt to hack horses apart with eon magic.

Best option considering the limited time.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 03, 2012, 07:30:36 pm »

I wonder...
Can we stab the 'corn, and use eon magic to warp the spear back and forth in time so that we will be stabbing it at full power repeatedly?  I bring this up because horses try to get up and personal to fight you, and spears don't do that very well.  The real strength of spears is the piercing they can do if you use 'em right, but you need space to stab.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 03, 2012, 10:10:50 pm »

Problem: Most of the weight is those ingots. They could weigh us down...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 03, 2012, 10:57:04 pm »

Problem: Most of the weight is those ingots. They could weigh us down...
Yeah, we'd have to strip to get rid of that weight.  And stripping is hard to do when your pockets are loaded with platinum.
Or so I've been told.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 03, 2012, 10:59:07 pm »

Yeah, overburdening ourself was a bad idea, it destroyed our stealth, mobility, and probably our ability to fight in physical combat.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 03, 2012, 11:02:22 pm »

Yeah, overburdening ourself was a bad idea, it destroyed our stealth, mobility, and probably our ability to fight in physical combat.
Could we send our clothes forward into the future?
And I don't believe Gwen is burdened, I think the GM said she was naked.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 03, 2012, 11:37:18 pm »

Could we send our clothes forward into the future?
To the OOC thread!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 04, 2012, 01:18:31 am »

She might not be overburdened but we sure are, and we're arguably the more powerful one, i don't believe Gwendolyn can survive on her own. If we could somehow unburden ourself enough to enable jumping i would suggest retreat.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 04, 2012, 03:30:07 am »

She might not be overburdened but we sure are, and we're arguably the more powerful one, i don't believe Gwendolyn can survive on her own. If we could somehow unburden ourself enough to enable jumping i would suggest retreat.
Key word being if.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 04, 2012, 03:35:21 am »

Indeed.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 04, 2012, 11:07:05 am »

How much time we have? I propose to stay in line. - Us, Spear, Gwen... Hopefully unicorns will charge and Gwen, she may jump away in the last moment and we'll  impale one surprised unicorn on the spear while our wife attack another from above\behind

Another option is to send some amount of earth bellow unicorns' legs into the future and create a hole under their hooves, hoping that they will fall in the resulting hole. Bonus if earth immediately returns and entombs them

And I think that using magic directly at unicorns is a bad idea, I am sure that they are magic resistant

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:09:44 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 04, 2012, 03:31:09 pm »

Well, Gwen is a better fighter than we are, if I remember right.  It may be better if we hang back in a tree and do what we can to help out from there.
I think you're probably correct about the unicorns being magic-resistant.  The dirt idea sounds like it should work awesomely.  (Wow.  "Awesomely" is a word?  You learn something every day...)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 04, 2012, 03:54:48 pm »

We must take off our PANTS for the upcoming fight.....
And maybe even our belt
because holy hell we have alot of stuff to slow us down.

And dont forget to unsheath our spear/sword for combat

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 04, 2012, 04:17:37 pm »

Throw off our coat and throw it at the unicorn?
If there's one thing DF taught us about containers, it's "full ones hurt like a bitch."

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 143