Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221288 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1125 on: December 12, 2012, 11:07:48 pm »

Don't light the tree on fire, it could catch the barn.
Don't convert Alice yet, she's going to be better in human form than working out the kinks of being a night consort.
Don't give her the Left Stone gift without making sure she's willing to put aside her sexuality to have lots of kids.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 12, 2012, 11:12:03 pm »

Don't light the tree on fire, it could catch the barn.

If we're going to use the Gift of Inferno's Embrace, we need a big fire. If we don't, then our options for gifts boil down to the Gift of Amnesia which is nowhere near as combat useful.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 12, 2012, 11:12:53 pm »

Convert her later, right now we have an ambush to prepare for. Everyone sweep the straw over to the entrance, then board up/ cover any windows. It'll be dark enough for shadow illusions with we can use to make them attack eachother, and anyone who enters will be outlined in light and staring into darkness.. and Alice has a longbow. If any of them try torches, snuff them out with fire manipulation.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 12, 2012, 11:16:56 pm »

I'd say give her Pheonix.  Flying is pretty useful, if you ask me.  So is fire.  It seems like a really useful gift.  And remember, she's one of our good allies and friends, so we don't have to worry much about her leaving.
Also, what about Rox, or whatever the animal-woman is named?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 12, 2012, 11:23:30 pm »

Phoenix sounds fine, except that flaming wings would ruin woodcraft.
Maybe Inferno's Embrace? Geez, we really do have crappy gifts for Alice. We ought to take 20 on Plant Empathy or something...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 12, 2012, 11:25:08 pm »

Phoenix sounds fine, except that flaming wings would ruin woodcraft.
Maybe Inferno's Embrace? Geez, we really do have crappy gifts for Alice. We ought to take 20 on Plant Empathy or something...
Yeah, I mean it doesn't go very well, but it would help us against Elves, and would let her fly.
I mean, we could gifts that would better suit her, but she's human, and less likely to object burning trees down than those Elves.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 12, 2012, 11:28:56 pm »

If we convert her now, she will be starving at best and dissolved at worst when the elves arrive. This is really the worst possible time for this sort of thing.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 12, 2012, 11:30:31 pm »

If we convert her now, she will be starving at best and dissolved at worst when the elves arrive. This is really the worst possible time for this sort of thing.
Yeah, I'm thinking for afterwards.  It takes time to convert, if I remember right.
But we probably will be fighting Elves after this, still.  This is just an ambush, right?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 12, 2012, 11:51:27 pm »

Yeah, I'm thinking for afterwards.  It takes time to convert, if I remember right.
But we probably will be fighting Elves after this, still.  This is just an ambush, right?

Less than a ambush. Just a posse.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 12, 2012, 11:53:13 pm »

Less than a ambush. Just a posse.
That's the word I was looking for, thanks.  I couldn't remember it, and was torn between ambush and lynch mob.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 12, 2012, 11:56:41 pm »

These people are going to be angry and have a group-mentality. I think we should try to use this to our advantage.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 13, 2012, 12:04:25 am »

Not sure how to do that, but I guess they won't be thinking clearly?  I wonder, would it be wise to trap them in a burning ring of fire?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 13, 2012, 12:36:21 am »

Divide and conquer.  Let's trap the invaders somehow (in the barn, in the trees, in a ring of fire, it doesn't matter), make sure they can't escape quickly, and use our dark manipulation, face, and other tricks to terrify and drive them into attacking each other.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 13, 2012, 12:47:35 am »

Why are we talking about converting alice? If we convert anyone it should be the prisoner, we could use any ally we can get in the battle to come.

Edit: ignore the above, i missed something earlier
Tell Alice and Gwen to make an attempt to rally plantlife to our cause and create mundane traps, i'm going to stick to my suggestion of creating eon pocket traps.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:49:42 am by Mlamlah »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 13, 2012, 12:50:28 am »

Divide and conquer.  Let's trap the invaders somehow (in the barn, in the trees, in a ring of fire, it doesn't matter), make sure they can't escape quickly, and use our dark manipulation, face, and other tricks to terrify and drive them into attacking each other.
Daytime is coming, our dark manipulation won't be useful.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 143