Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 220788 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1515 on: December 20, 2012, 11:57:22 pm »

The process shouldn't take too long unless we are breaking Alice instead of her letting us convert her.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: December 21, 2012, 12:03:44 am »

Alice deserves some time spent with her after the conversion or we may join Gwen and listen the lecture
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: December 21, 2012, 12:55:04 am »

Raising skeletons and other undead as a Night Troll is icky in the same way as a used popsicle stick golem, or a paper mache roast chicken made out of used candy wrappers and peanut butter is icky. It's taking rubbish and turning them into something that looks like food or people.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: December 21, 2012, 01:14:23 am »

Wait why are people against necromancy?  Its just another vector through which we can increase our numbers, seems like a good idea to me.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: December 21, 2012, 01:27:07 am »

Wait why are people against necromancy?  Its just another vector through which we can increase our numbers, seems like a good idea to me.
Because, like I said, it's seen as an affront to almost all religious customs, including those of the Elves' theocratic society.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: December 21, 2012, 01:29:42 am »

And, as we are immortal, we cannot learn it anyway. Immortals cannot learn necromancy. Unless I am mistaken.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: December 21, 2012, 01:32:40 am »

And because some people care about other things except " How to increase our numbers"

I wouldn't surprised to find that Nocteclaw doesn't support necromancy ( BTW, should ask the mermaid about what kinds of magic Nocleclaw likes and what magic is unacceptable for her... Generally it's a good idea to learn what our goddess like\dislike)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: December 21, 2012, 03:00:47 am »

Polls closed. Update will come tomorrow or Saturday.

Please keep any references to the final result spoiler-ed or white-texted. I want to be pleasantly surprised when I tally em up, and some people may want to be surprised by the update.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:03:50 am by Weirdsound »

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 21, 2012, 03:08:09 am »

Not just numbers - expendable numbers, at that. Minions that have neither mind nor soul nor importance to the plot are very useful to have around, to be thrown away as needed to protect us and the unexpendable npc's.

It's laughable that Nocteclaw would be against Necromancy, as is the notion that Necromancy is more evil than stealing elves and turning them into night creatures who eat elves and crave the fear of mortals. Is it not more ethical to use undead as canon fodder than living creatures who have minds and souls?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:12:55 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: December 21, 2012, 03:23:38 am »

I'm willing to discuss the subject of necromancy if we ever find a way to learn it, otherwise... what's the point?
Personally i'm quite pleased by our current name.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: December 21, 2012, 06:46:34 am »

Necromancy just seems to be going over a line, as it was said earlier, people don't like elves, everyone hates necromancy, we don't have to be Night Trolls like our father, we should try to become important, yet frightening members of society.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: December 21, 2012, 06:53:24 am »

Spoiler for people that don't want to tally the votes themselves:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: December 21, 2012, 08:53:55 am »

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:58:14 am by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: December 21, 2012, 08:57:55 am »

At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: December 21, 2012, 09:27:27 am »

As for necromancy and other morality stuff

Our character is not evil, it's clearly seen from his relationships with Gwen and Alice. Stop applying the video game logic. We kill to eat and in self-defense.  We rape because we have on other means to reproduce. It's just our way of life. Even from strategy point of view it's better to maintain a nice reputation, we constantly get mortal allies here and there
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:45:17 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 143