Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221284 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1755 on: December 26, 2012, 11:29:17 am »

Agreed.
We could probably send Jimma along with if we were really afraid about how she would do, but I think that the PC has lots of stuff to do to prepare for Foghorn.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: December 26, 2012, 12:03:09 pm »

Alright how about after Foghorn leaves, we use the left stone on Alice.  Then later on we can tell Foghorn we had a child with Alice, which will improve our standing with him even more (well probably).  Then after the first child, if Alice still wants to have more kids we can use inferno.

Also, I wasn't suggesting we be careless with Alice just because we can resurrect her.  I was simply stating that as a worst case scenario we have the possibility of saving her.  Honestly I'm completely against sending Alice down with the tiger but I'm almost sure if we act strongly opposed to them going down, it might cause future problems.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: December 26, 2012, 12:10:40 pm »

Alice specifically stated she wanted to wait to have a child until she watched the other consorts try raising one. I think we should wait at least until Jimma has her child, and probably until said child is a few months or even a year old.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: December 26, 2012, 12:29:51 pm »

Lot stuff to do = ???
I have no ideas for that

I really think that some furniture, some kitchenware and some dishes is all what we need

Sending Jimma with the girls is a nice idea because we will know if she'll get injured and may come to aid. Also, unlike Rox and Alice, she is a veteran of underground combat

As for no feast related ideas:

Somehow I can't throw the idea about fire magic enchanted book out of my mind... But without souls the only thing we could use is the inferno gift and that isn't a bad gift to spend it in that way + risk to personal health isn't something that I'll ignore. So, probably, no.

Hunting for an owl  for our kid is also an option. By hunting I mean using animal empathy.

Spending time with Lovebirds  is one more thing that could be done.  We need to try a mount thing and we may pick-up a pet for our son (not as good as owl, but easier to get)

Trying to dig trenches using earth empath is also an option, no trained penalty may lead to hilarious failures but well... It's what makes the game fun
GWG , don't take Alice's word literally. It was a half joke. She just don't want to rush with having kids.  But with some convincing she will change her mind. If we impregnate her we should do that as soon as possible. She should understand how important that girl is.

And to not make it lost: send Jimma with the girls, she has the best underground experience
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: December 26, 2012, 01:07:24 pm »

We've got a highly esteemed guest approaching. Imagine preparing for a party, only the guest is really important and you have no experience with preparing a house.
Other than that, I agree with you.
Sig

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: December 26, 2012, 01:34:30 pm »

We don't need to baby them. Let them go into the cave, they can handle themselves.

My personal vote for what to do with the Left Stone gift: Pass it on to our son with instructions that he is to use it to impregnate whichever consort of his that he bestows his First Gift upon. This will give the first female troll Hypnotic Gaze, Tattoos, Teleportation Tumours, Camouflaged Body, Springy Legs, Divine Blessing AND possibly another talent that our son passes on himself.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: December 26, 2012, 01:37:05 pm »

We don't need to baby them. Let them go into the cave, they can handle themselves.
Sending Jimma with them isn't "babying" them. It's taking a reasonable precaution. The caverns are slightly dangerous...

My personal vote for what to do with the Left Stone gift: Pass it on to our son with instructions that he is to use it to impregnate whichever consort of his that he bestows his First Gift upon. This will give the first female troll Hypnotic Gaze, Tattoos, Teleportation Tumours, Camouflaged Body, Springy Legs, Divine Blessing AND possibly another talent that our son passes on himself.
Nice idea, but I don't think gifts work like that...
Besides, Alice deserves a special daughter.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: December 26, 2012, 01:56:00 pm »

We would have to impregnate his consort, but she wouldn't care

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: December 26, 2012, 02:06:27 pm »

We would have to impregnate his consort, but she wouldn't care
Assuming we can impregnate another troll's consort (probably possible, but you never know), and WOULD do so (imagine your parent having a child with your spouse), it wouldn't grant all those abilities. Better to encourage our son to earn a gift from Nocteclaw himself.
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: December 26, 2012, 02:16:24 pm »

Why would a female troll need more traits than a male?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: December 26, 2012, 02:16:57 pm »

Who knows?
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: December 26, 2012, 02:21:32 pm »

Apparently, UR does.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: December 26, 2012, 02:25:18 pm »

Maybe.
Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: December 26, 2012, 03:00:49 pm »

Ukranian, you keep throwing around the idea of writing a fire magic book, and i don't mean to be a dick, but i don't think that's how it works. Books about magic are books filled with knowledge, not necessarily magical books, how we enchant the book doesn't matter, what we write in it does. We're a novice in fire magic, novice fire mages don't even write books for novices, that would be like a student taking a class writing a textbook for it, i we wanted to write a book out absolute best bet would be tips on moving forward in the future, our expertise and experience in that area would be quite useful in such an endeavor. In any case, i don't think it's worth the quite intensive time and effort required.

As for Alice and Rox? I think we need to give Alice the freedom of privacy this once, she deserves it.
Let's stick with our plan of spending time fire manipulating with our child and gwen, wait for cherlyn to return and then get Foghorn and his family over.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: December 26, 2012, 04:14:49 pm »

Ukranian, you keep throwing around the idea of writing a fire magic book, and i don't mean to be a dick, but i don't think that's how it works. Books about magic are books filled with knowledge, not necessarily magical books, how we enchant the book doesn't matter, what we write in it does.
You completely misunderstood my idea....
Haven't you note that I proposed to use Phyros brain in the enchantment? I want to extract his magical knowledge to the paper
Another option is to make it generate new texts like connecting to some global fire manipulation knowledge base.
Of cause that enchantment( as all others, should be done by Gwen)

As for why female night trolls need traits, I quite suspect that they have a different gift system and their own  traits may be more important. Or may not. 

And guys, let's not make long term megaplans that need years to become viable. It's not how young trolls think. And Nochteclaw asked us to use the left stone not save it for ages.
Also, we can't be sure that our son will get the same first gift as we did
(And fucking son's wife..... ewwwww)

And don't be mad, sending Alice and Rox Alone is a way too dangerous. Underground is a dangerous place, it's not wise to not use someone used to caverns.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:20:52 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 143