Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 316

Author Topic: Terrible Jokes  (Read 663161 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Jokes
« Reply #3525 on: December 13, 2016, 10:16:57 pm »

Oh for the cry aye it's the Terrible Jokes thread, not the Semantics of a Group thread :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: December 13, 2016, 10:36:01 pm »

and every element in the set under the operation has an associated inverse who, when paired under said operation, yield the identity.
In an additive group, the identity of the group is zero, and a zero element has itself as its own inverse...  :P

But I consider this as the proverbial frog joke. We have dissected it. Perhaps we now understand more about how it is put together. But it's definitely dead, now.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: December 16, 2016, 09:47:09 pm »

Now that we're onto algebra jokes, what would the elements and operations of the ring of fire be?
What about the field of dreams?

Could we find a (not excessively contrived) class of rings such that there are exactly five such nonisomorphic rings and call them golden? I mean, there's probably an encoding of a platonic solid as a ring, but those would probably just be platonic rings.

Is there a meaningful way to make Borromean rings? What about wedding rings, and the related engagement rings?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: December 16, 2016, 10:48:55 pm »

god damn it why are you people fucking up my thread with set theory and mathematics

:U
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: December 16, 2016, 11:04:44 pm »

Because Bay12, I guess.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: December 17, 2016, 12:40:08 am »

An old one, but still probably worth throwing in given the present direction of conversation: What is an anagram of Banach-Tarski?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: December 17, 2016, 01:10:08 am »

* Descan throws up hands

fuggin' nerds

i love you tho

no homo
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3532 on: December 17, 2016, 01:15:19 am »

mo homo

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: December 17, 2016, 07:00:15 am »

Do explain.

A lot of things, like crossing oneself, is done three time in the Byzantine rite.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: December 17, 2016, 08:13:11 pm »

An old one, but still probably worth throwing in given the present direction of conversation: What is an anagram of Banach-Tarski?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is it bad that I laughed at this? Without needing to look it up?
How about 'Uptoupon is a core concept in Topology'?

One should probably find a proper word to fit in there though...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: December 18, 2016, 09:03:06 pm »

If the limit of 8/x as x goes to infinity is ∞, does that mean the limit of Z/x is N?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: December 19, 2016, 03:35:20 am »

This is not the mathematics help thread
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: December 19, 2016, 07:09:34 am »

Easy mistake though. :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: December 19, 2016, 08:10:06 am »

An old one...

The (American) Indian Chief's daughter was to be wed, and the three suitors, two of them brothers, were sent away to bring back animal skins to show how worthy they were.

The first suitor goes to the prairie and quickly returns with a buffalo skin, which was deemed an easy but practical gift in the days before the white man. The second suitor, his brother, travels beyond the mountains to the north and after a while brings back the fur of a large white bear from the land of eternal ice, somewhat a novelty to the tribe and seen only rarely. The third suitor takes his canoe and crosses the great waters to the east, arriving back some time later with the large grey skin of a hippo, an exotic beast that none of the tribe had ever seen before, and knew only from the tales that the occasional norsemen passed on from their dealings with yet other traders.

By tradition, the value of each is estimated by the women of the tribe. Three decide they appreciate the buffalo skin for its practical utility, and common knowledge on how to use it in. Four admire the white fur from the north for its outstanding warming qualities and would like to try to make something ceremonial from it. Five of them, however, are astounded at the the novelty and waterproofed thickness of the latter, and the large area available that promises to inspire a number of possible uses, possibly including rainwear, tents or even boating.

It seeming the latter is to be the obvious winner, the first suitor decides to gift his haul to his brother to increase his claim, and a recount is made. But by tribal custom the women have a chance to decide again if the gifts are changed, and it seems likely that one of them disliked the merging of the lesser gifts as there are now six votes upon the latter one. This leaves the chief in a quandary as to the greater worthiness, the recount showing that all the squaw for the hippopotamus is now exactly equalled by the sum of the squaws for the other two hides...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 08:11:38 am by Starver »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: December 19, 2016, 01:22:28 pm »

It was a joke. 8 gets turned sideway, so the Z gets turned sideways as well.

Also, the second half of the statement works if you have loose morals, squint, and are willing to let jokes prevail over rigor
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 316