Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962332 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2760 on: March 07, 2013, 04:16:12 pm »

Dangit, that spell didn't do what I hoped it would...

See if anything at all happened when I cast that spell a couple turns ago. Wonder if the proper past tense of "cast" is actually "casted."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: March 07, 2013, 05:06:28 pm »

CLOTH SUMMON WORDS
Patch up KinesN's character
Head down to the village

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: March 07, 2013, 05:10:34 pm »

Absentmindedy twirl the rod around in my right hand.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: March 07, 2013, 06:32:12 pm »

Let's see...shrines...no empires...yup, right thread. Good job, Tsuchigumo!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: March 07, 2013, 07:33:39 pm »

Anyone else notice the cult of derm was on tv in einsteinian roullette?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: March 07, 2013, 07:38:19 pm »

Where?

Edit: Found it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: March 07, 2013, 07:54:30 pm »

Eh... I wanna see where it's at too.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: March 07, 2013, 08:02:03 pm »

's not all that exciting.

'Those guys are just gonna keep spawning bastards if they keep running into the basement' is the gist of it.'
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: March 07, 2013, 08:03:53 pm »

Seems to be some sort of show about mages who don't understand magic fucking about in a temple of some kind.

"Those guys in the basement are kinda fucked. They're just gonna keep agro'ing more shit if they run in like that. Still, it's pretty funny."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: March 07, 2013, 08:05:18 pm »

Of course, someone kinda killed everything in the room and I am now made of pure force.

GRAB SHIT AND GET OUT.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: March 07, 2013, 09:27:09 pm »

Stuff, and things. And stuff.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: March 07, 2013, 10:31:05 pm »

If I ever get a chance, I've got to cross-reference my games like that.
Sig

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2772 on: March 08, 2013, 12:10:22 am »

Will m mushroom staff t be less squishy, then read up on all the gods, and on how their magic's are used.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2773 on: March 08, 2013, 03:15:03 am »

"You done in there? Good. I want my gold back. Oh, and do you mind telling me how the hell you did that? I might do something similar with gold some time. Speaking of which, I believe you said you would pay me?"

Will the hammer to float over to me and sit on it like a broomstick. Will any gold that Syvarris may summon to form a pair of giant floating golden hands and have them levitate above my shoulders.
[will:3+1]

The hammer sort of jerks itself out of the golem's hands and lands on the ground before scraping it's way over to you. You can't exactly sit on it, so you just stand on the head of the hammer.

"Ah, screw it. Time for plan B."
Words, then activate mark.
((Looks like my plan to cheat my way out of needing shapes for control items won't work.))

[pot:5+1]

A tattoo appears on your left arm. Coolio.

Head back to the basement and the cult of derm, say word while still outside.
Your services do not seem to be needed, so you just head back down to the basement hallway to hang out with the Cult of derm.

"Screw it. Time for non-magical bandages."
"Szahell"
"Szahell"
"Szahell"
Pick the best bandages from the 3 castings of the spell. Bandage myself. Don't die.
[pot:6, 6,1]
The first two times go just wonderfully, creating giant piles of bandages. The third time goes less well.
[end:4]
Whats left of your right arm, the area from about the elbow up, turns into cloth and just sort of tears off and plops to the ground. You decide to worry about that later and bandage yourself up by wrapping the bandage around your chest and the hole in your side that used to be your right arm.

"Well...at least I'm not bleeding to death any more. Although I feel...pretty woozy. Should probably get in out of this cold and sit down."

((Dammit keep not doing anything))

Enter the room say words

You walk into the storage room. A giant serpent, composed entirely of ash and flame, slithers from the shadows and hisses a stream off embers and boiling air at you.

[pot:5]
A steel sword, shot through with veins of black and surrounded by an aura of swirling green toxin, appears in front of you.

Silica continues following Sanya.
This spell is quite odd, it seems to distort reality in a controlled manner...
I wonder how everyone else is doing? I haven't seen them in a while, I hope they're okay.

She aims at a nearby wall, far away from any points of interest and says words.
[pot:5+2]
A ball of the glowing dust the size of a cannon ball appears in front of you and rockets off like a mortar round, following a sharp parabola into a near by wall. The wall doesn't so much explode as it gets scrambled; torn into tiny pieces and rearranged. When the glow of the dust fades the resulting damage looks like iron shavings on a magnet. Strange.

See if theres anything left to loot in the basement.

Yeah, tons of crates and chests and stuff. Admittedly it's kinda questionable whats gonna be in them, considering this is a temple not a castle or treasure pit, but whatever. Oh, and there's a giant flame snake too. So there's that.

You run in and start looking around, completely ignoring the giant mechanical golem, 9 feet tall and glowing with internal heat, that wanders out into the open with a hammer in each hand. In the few seconds you have before the Golem begins to charge at you, you manage to find a crate full of booze.   Yay.

((Zentol.... I think i'm glad I ended up not saying that word.))

Go look into one of the doors that doesn't lead outside. Nothing dangerous looking inside, see what all is inside. If there is, ignore the room and check out the other one.  Once again, check for dangerous stuff before going in that one.
You walk to the room over on the left. It's a reading room of sorts; just a small table and chair with various scrolls on a rack against the wall.

"Hm. In-tah-resting."

More science!

[pot:4+1]
What appears in front of you could only be described as powdered electricity, a pile of thousands of little sparks all snapping and crackling at once.

"weird."

[pot:3+1]
You summon wax. Yay wax.

Looks like Zentol got made nastier.

Also, using wind spells while standing on a narrow craggy path is probably a bad idea in general.

Yep, this is potentially dangerous!  Time to prepare!

Execute magical defense!

[pot: 3]
A mark appears over your whole body, activates, and immediately begins to fade.

"That was... Not at all what I wanted. Wait, what? You sure? Fine." Glassco spat out more words while touching the horribly wounded arm, and if it worked would hurriedly activate the tattoo that would result of it. If for some reason the previous spell, if used, fails to work or place a tattoo use the tattoo made previously. [Contingent on if he doesn't stop the bleeding himself. Hope this works.]

[Figure I should probably share this to stave off the apocalypse since people are bandying around the word like candy... What the Lich Told Me: "But a word of warning about that book. All within it is safe in theory, save for one word. The true name of the other, which calls it's manifestations to you. Such a word is powerful, but dangerous. You will not survive its use for long." It isn't hard to guess which word that is.]
He appears to have "Fixed" things all on his own.

"And how would I please Her? What does She like?"

QUESTIONS QUESTIONS AND MOAR QUESTIONS.

Speed. Dexterity. Change. Be as she is and her favor you shall gain.

Kin walked down to the village. First things first, he was going to find someone who could patch him up. Preferable in a safe manner.
You walk down and join Thrakor at the outer gate. He seems to be looking at the strange footprints in the snow with a rather worried expression.

Uh.... wow.  I'm a bit tempted to say it thrice in one spell now.  Did my minion survive?

Search the room, then say words while poking one of the eyes on my stomach.

"Here's your gold.  If you remake the hammer for my minion, I'll give you even more."
You completely ignore the two new monstrosities that your "friends" managed to attract and start digging in the boxes. Ah, this one has what look like farming implements; including axes, hand sickles and other rather dangerous things.

You poke the mark on your stomach. It doesn't do anything.

[pot:3+1]

You get an enormous lump of gold

[larry will:4+1]

The lump of gold separates into two and forms into a giant pair of hands that float over and hover near larry.
[pot:2+1]
Your left foot tingles.

Dangit, that spell didn't do what I hoped it would...

See if anything at all happened when I cast that spell a couple turns ago. Wonder if the proper past tense of "cast" is actually "casted."

Nope. You have no extra sensory power in relation to any element or form. You are completely normal
CLOTH SUMMON WORDS
Patch up KinesN's character
Head down to the village

[pot:5+1,4+1,2+1]

You walk down to the outer gate and summon up a heaping pile of cloth. You wrap up Kin's injuries while he and Thrakor stare at the ground.

Absentmindedy twirl the rod around in my right hand.

Remember, if you're not actively in combat, your pool regenerates fully at the end of the turn.

[pot:6]
A  mark appears on the rod you've got in your hand. It activates instantly and the rod turns into ink, splattering to the ground and staining your hand.

Stuff, and things. And stuff.

Well...theres no more chrome hopper and it doesn't look like you can just summon up fire with a thought. But there is a giant snake made of fire right there. Time to take some initiative.
[will:6]
[ash viper will:2]
The Ash Viper jerks violently and then detonates in a plume of flame.

A tiny fleck of light drifts from the cooling remains and merges with you. You gain 1 point.

Will m mushroom staff t be less squishy, then read up on all the gods, and on how their magic's are used.
[will:5]
The staff hardens up, a tough red lattice growing over it to keep it stiff.

Now, when it comes to the gods it doesn't seem like your scrolls are terribly precise in what the magics their favor brings actually do. There's a general idea though, if you'd still like to read it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: March 08, 2013, 03:29:31 am »

((Time for some testing))
"You dare challenge us golem! prepare for demiseor to turn us into your playthings if you turn out horribly more powerful than us"

Say words at golem thing then pickup sword and give it the idea that I am the boss if the golem is still alive then chop it to bits.

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 435