Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961232 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5490 on: June 07, 2013, 12:01:57 pm »

Sorry about the lack of updates lately. If you couldn't tell I'm currently visiting my dad's house and sometimes it's hard to find several hours worth of time to do one of these posts. I'm working on it now though, so you should have one sooner or later.

Also you may-depending on my sister's disposition -have some illustrations for the game eventually.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: June 07, 2013, 12:03:53 pm »

Oh sweet!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5492 on: June 07, 2013, 10:10:00 pm »

I'm also made out of fungus now, right? if so, then I want to make some further improvements. I want to turn myself into a flying fungus squid. My new form should be aerodynamic, (+dex/speed), should have eyes all over it's body (+Awareness, Dex/Speed), have a decentralized nervous system (+end, aware), redundant organs(+end), and have ten tentacles: 4 long thin ones with blades on the ends (+dex/speed, damage), 4 shorter thick ones that can fire fungus spore darts, which will consume whatever they hit, and two long thick ones I can use to bash people with (+str). I then want to turn my minions into stationary mushrooms outside the base, and remove their intelligence, so I have the minion slots open. After that, take some fungus and attach it to that plate of anti-magic metal Paris made, so I can levitate it around as a shield. My mech should become a large starfish creature, with very high strength and endurance. One all that's done, if I still have actions, levitate myself, my shield, and my starfish to the mushroom forest.
There are limits to what you can physically do, and the more you raise a stat the more everything else will drop in contrast. Marks avoid this because they're magic, but if you start raising dex and speed to stupidly high levels your str and end are gonna plummet. It's gonna be a game of raising one, losing another, raising it back and then losing the other.

Not to mention that if you keep mutating yourself and empowering yourself like that you might attract the attention of...well lets just say somethings might take notice.

Words, words, words!
[pot:5]

A pair of reusable gold wings, thin as foil, sprout from your back.

"Well, time to nut up, or shut up. FOR BLASTEL!"

Charge directly beneath the Glyph Head. If it starts to fall, roll out of the way, and smash it when it strikes the ground.

((The main drawback of melee classes. Your area of fuck you is so much smaller than everyone elses.))

[spd:4]
[GH spd:1]
You get directly under the head. This doesn't stop it from hovering it's great wooden spears around to aim beneath itself and subsequently hurl them at you.
[gh dex:5]
[spd:4]
[dex:5+1]
[str:3+1+1]
You dance through the barrage of sharpened trees, slapping them away with a flick of your staff or dodging them outright as they embed themselves into the ground around you. You bounce on your toes like a boxer as the dust settles.

"Come on stoney, gotta try harder then that. "

"...Screw this, lets just go. We got better things to do. I'll make this damn thing fly us outta here even if I gotta break my head to do it. Get on, I got an idea." Glassco grumped as he walked towards the ship. Then willed the diamond to form around him to let him pass until he's in around the center of the ship, forming a little bubble for himself in the center. Make air holes as needed. Once this is complete, he'll raise the ship, then head off towards the forest. Mentally. No matter how hard it might be.
[will:4,1,5,1,3,+2 all]
You pass through the wall and into the center of the ship, dragging John with you. You sit down in the center of the ship and create a spherical cocoon for yourself. And then you try and lift the ship.

You clasp your hands together and concentrate; your muscles tense and your breathing grows labored. You start to bleed from your nose and you lean forward, teeth gritted and sweat pouring from your brow. The ship shutters and lifts from the ground, hovering a good 30 feet into the air.

add that 1 point you gave me from the skipped chrome hopper fight to will.
will the fire on my body to be siphoned into my sword to make it hotter until successful.
say words and do stuff.

((also piecewise could you add my resilient diamond shield to my character sheet?))
[will:1]
Your flame sword crumbles into pieces.

"Mother fuckers. MOTHERFUCKERS. Oh well...at least I'm made of diamond so this doesn't hurt."

And that particular spell doesn't do anything. But man, if you threw a particular tick-tock word in there you'd have something really weird.

Why, somewere interesting that doesn't lead to horrible, horrible murder-death, of course! Away from spawn would be nice, however.
You're pretty far from spawn already. All the way down in the village actually. Lets send you toward the sea, shall we? That should be fun.

You wander down the path until you come across angle and Paris, in the midst of building what looks like a weird fort.

Hmm... I wonder what would happen if I...
Attempt to raise HUGE BOULDER from the ground and shape it into a stone man.

[will:6-1]
You head outside and raise a massive boulder out of the side of the mountain.
[will:2-1]
You drop the boulder on your foot. Ahem.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

((Alright, my new character. I've had this in mind for a while, hoped not to use it though))
Milo Thatch was no more. Wherever his soul went, it's passing caused an eye to fall on another soul, and drag it forth. After a brief moment, Daniel Jackson appeared in the room.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Upon spawning, Daniel takes a brief moment to familiarize himself with the contents of the Book and all the notes within. He then goes to the Exposition Monk room, and asks, I see the names of only nine gods listed in the notes on these pages. And only eight doors in the hall behind me. The book says you know things; do you know of any other gods in this realm then the eight with shrines in your temple or the Other?"

Ok, I'm not really sure what you're talking about with the 9th. I may have forgotten something I said. Any quote for me or something?

"Hmmm..."
"One more try."

Fly up to the top of the hole, point palms up, say words:
"Cainthalsaz Conth Rothcaltal Noreeb!"
Note which palm the beam fires from.

[pot:5]
You finally manage to punch your way through. Beyond the wall is a black void. There is absolutely nothing out there. Forever.

Runic experiments.
[pot:2,6,6,+1 all]

Nope
Nothing.
The dummy suddenly grows a half dozen limbs, chests and heads. It twitches and dies. Oh.

"Well that's just great, I've found a guy with PTSD.  Huhhh...."

Ozzy follows the man and when he reaches him once more he reaches out his hand toward the man's head and tries GRANT TELEPATHY.

Pot:6
You proceed to force an extra mind into the already full head. It...it seems to result in a rather unfortunate amount of screaming, spasming and biting off his own tongue.

I apologize for being late, but I wish your dad the best of health.

Science. As per usual.

I'm looking for ideas for my 7 pool, particularly with words I do not yet have. If anyone were to post here with their translations of words unknown words they'd like me to try, or maybe the raw words I'll see if any tickle my fancy.

I've nearly completed page 2, done page 1, 25% odd of 3 and 30% odd of 4.

I'm looking into page 4 words, and this could be the most fun way to do it!

[pot:6,4,2,4+1]
A nearby object shimmers with the image of a big old bug.
Body, ie torso with no limbs or anything.
something...a snake? A wire? A rope? Eh.
Nothing happens.

I pick up my sphere and take it with me as I walk to the forest on foot.

"So, Sphere, do you have a name?"
TOO MUCH BRAIN PAIN OH GOD OW

((Dammit Lol))
New character:
"Huh back again and I though that turning my head into wings was the end... apparently not.... ::).. Gonna avoid that palm tree this time round. Altar of blood and conquest? Why the hell not."
Choose a weapon, sir.

"Strange glowing, or strange white... both sound vaguely flammable, and probably sentient. Coin it is, then!'

d2:2

Head South, with Words

The path here is lined on either side with boulders, each engraved with a simple face, mirroring the ones you saw earlier on the path down toward the forest. They seem to stare at you as you walk past, and you could swear that they turn slightly to watch you go. The path leads west from here.

Ignore the Phantom, walk out of the crater(look for a safe climbing path)
You want to try to walk through the thing thats encircling you? Because it's encircling you.

Boo-Yah! Diamond golem bitches! :P ;D ;)
Do a happy dance. Go to raider camp, Garstopit the raiders there. Multiple times, if necessary. If no raiders located, say Adamenstiar four times, and will it into a shield with spikes on it.
You're so far from there. So far.

Also you don't make it back that far. As you walk through the area with the carved totems you come across something sitting in the path. Its a wolf, 6 foot at the shoulder, and appears to be made of solidified light with black marble like eyes and strange whips or tendrils flowing off it. The ground around it is twitching and warping. It sits there in the middle of the path, staring at you and slowly wagging it's tail.

Kin keeps on exploring down the road unless he can't find anything more where he is right now. He also says "Chall-thel Shago-shal" again.

[pot:3]
Nothing.

You make it to the forest crossroads. There's a path going out on all the cardinal directions from here. You came from the east path. Chose one.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5493 on: June 07, 2013, 10:12:21 pm »

"Right then. HAVE AT THEE!"

Runework, then Melee!
[pot:6]
You summon a diamond-concrete lizard. It's about the size of a very large komodo dragon. It kind of just sits there and looks around with that inscrutable sort of lizard stare. Hmm..

In the mean time the shimmery inky people skitter around in the the darkness beyond your light, but don't come any closer. They seem to be passingly curious about your existence but aren't going out of their way to get near you.

((@PW: Oh, misunderstanding on my part then. Sorry.))

"Pleasure doing business with you mister Smith. Please, do come again any time you want. And if there's anything else you want, don't be afraid to ask."

Experiment with the forbidden words of power. Also, can I still gain god favour by flame use or is that a mistake in the stats spoiler?

((Wait a minute... gone for now? Ominous foreshadowing?))

Syvarris action: Go to the basement. Search room. If enemy found, use "Conth". If item found, put item in inventory. ((It's not like he has something to loose, so I might as well try to get some souls for him.))
(you can still gain it until second level.)
[pot:2+1]
Cool idea bro. Try again. You may want to write a will first, since using that word my result in what we call "burn out".

Also with sy I'm not sure if he really wants a 10 channeling character. I can pretty much promise him that it's not gonna work out well.

Hmm... I wonder.

Modified Science.

[will:1+2]
[john will:3]

Both you and john spasm violently and collapse to the ground with terrible headaches.

((+1 To channeling))
I hope this works.
Then !!Science!! if this succeeds pick up the result after examining it and deeming it safe.

[pot:4]
You get a little brass sphere with a push button on top. It has four small hydraulic pistons on it's edges, apparently to separate the two halves of the sphere.

Circle Magic, then, if it works, stab through part of the fruit offset from me.
[pot:4, 6]
You summon up  steel sword and nothing in particular.

You stab the sword into the fruit. It sinks in without issue and juice starts spraying from the ragged edges around the hole. It smells so strongly of sugar and citrus that it makes your teeth itch.

Hii... argh...
Spoiler:  One day... (click to show/hide)
Clo-Caltel Hobitaeaod Harial !

Doesn't work. You can't mark a leg that isn't there no more.

"Very-well! Commencing-adventure."

Don't actually commence adventure. Instead, say words. Pick up result.
[pot:6+1]
You summon up a steel control bracelet.

These posts got eaten.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: June 07, 2013, 10:13:47 pm »

Try to fly. If successful, join the others fliers and greet them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: June 07, 2013, 10:15:48 pm »

Owowowowowowowowowow!
Fashion a slightly smaller stone into splint. Continue screaming in pain.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: June 07, 2013, 10:16:02 pm »

You appear to be missing my god-xp again. Also it dropped by one so something got missed?

Lay right hand upon Lizard. Say words, and assuming it succeeds, ride the lizard forward. If not, just move forward by myself.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:18:33 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: June 07, 2013, 10:16:54 pm »

((I think the forum ate my turn when you were writing it up.))
So... this is what happens when it reaches eight...
Silica says <words>
She then aims at stormcrows and opens fire with her water rifle if they are within range of her current location.
Regardless of the outcome of her previous action, Silica walks into the room with the monks.
"How do I get rid of this corruption?"

Spoiler: Silica's Catalogue (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: June 07, 2013, 10:33:05 pm »

Mystic words of Mystery!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: June 07, 2013, 10:39:44 pm »

Well fuck... no mystical bone whip for me.

quickly grab the sword dust/embers before they  disperse, will sword to reform whilst running to tsuchi, upon reaching him pick him up and flee toward the nearest village exit, if exits are equadistant head for the side that doesnt involve running past scarlons temple.
Also perform magic after escaping the village and archery related retaliation if any hostile actions take place within a few feet of me.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 05:39:10 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: June 07, 2013, 11:25:55 pm »

[Post fancy because of dramatics and boredom.]

"GRRR!" Glassco practically growled at the pain of himself figuratively, or more likely literally, tearing his brain apart to lift, presumably, several hundred pounds of diamond. Every part of his body focused on a single thing, his muscles tense, eyes clenched, fingers bone white from the pressure of practically squeezing the life out of his hands. He ground his teeth together, almost audible cracks ensuing from the pressure.

The ship rose.

"AHAHAHAHAHA!" Glassco enthusiastically laughed despite the pain as he felt the ship shutter and rise. Still focused on keeping the ship hovering, he opened his eyes to give the best smile he could in current conditions, however thoughts of congratulation were gone when he saw John in pain for some reason. Trying to think of how, given if anything attacked them they would at least know, his thoughts turned to what would happen after being inside the safe cocoon. His mind turned to mental attacks eventually, remembering his old powers with Scarlon. He did see a guy with that mask walking around the village... Oh shit, the mark. Things clicked in his mind.

"Where is that masked, mind-manipulating bastard, I'll kill 'em! Where?! I'll bring the whole damn ship on 'em! HE'LL BE NOTHING BUT A CRATER!" The strain from holding several hundred pounds of diamond thirty some feet in the air seems to be affecting his rationality, the only thing seemingly to stop him being not actually knowing where the guy went in the village.

[Because when you're a Sky Pirate, while I like to preach efficiency, going with the most crazy ass idea is often what works. In a way, at least.]

Spoiler: Actual Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 02:48:02 pm by Xanmyral »

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: June 07, 2013, 11:26:48 pm »

Hmm, I'll summon a glass later.
For now I will use Rune Magic.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: June 07, 2013, 11:28:32 pm »

Woo!
Check the sphere for something like a timer, then head off into the mushroom forest
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:28:08 pm by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: June 07, 2013, 11:58:29 pm »

Piecewise, I apologize in advance for this painful PM move.

It has IF statements.
It has them EVERYWHERE.

"Once I do science for another few turns RANDOM MOMENTS OF TIME, I'm just going to run off and kill something. Maybe agents of the other, maybe his friends. We will see."

You know what? Since Derm entered that sphere, and failed to come out, this is the safest I've felt in a while. Except for all the Zen and Tol being toyed with. That is almost as concerning.

Almost.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 12:00:46 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: June 08, 2013, 12:23:46 am »

PW: 9th god = The Other. Since it has an avatar to be summoned up, and chained away, that makes it a god, does it not?
Once the monk has given me his answer, go outside and use some words.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 435