Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 452616 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #690 on: September 28, 2013, 10:44:10 pm »

Oh, by the way, you know that teeny tiney line between Necrothreat and hell? Yeah, that's gone. Hell is now the favoured option. THERE'S NO BOOZE IN NECROTHREAT, PEOPLE. GRAB A PICK AND DIG DOWN, IT'S GOTTA BE BETTER DOWN THERE!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 28, 2013, 11:01:48 pm »

DwArfy, you should consider writing novels :o I thought I was a good storyteller. And personally as an original from Necrothreat I, I think Highmax follows anyone whos against the necrothreaders, so armok works good enough :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 28, 2013, 11:06:09 pm »

Hmm. Should I try uploading it as a .rar instead?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 28, 2013, 11:23:41 pm »

Yeah, if that don't work, do as apiks and I did and upload on mediafire. DFFD seems to look at me and laugh and never work for me

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 28, 2013, 11:26:34 pm »

Yeah, if that don't work, do as apiks and I did and upload on mediafire. DFFD seems to look at me and laugh and never work for me
Hmm, I guess I'll do that. It's short-term only, though. So there will forever be a missing chapter in Necrothreat II.
Admittedly, it's not a very interesting chapter. And I could just hold on to the file.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 28, 2013, 11:42:53 pm »

Ha, thanks for the complement highmax. In fact, earlier tonight I posted this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=131590.msg4644695#msg4644695
Doesn't seem to be too popular, but oh well. Sorry if this seems like advertising, but it's really just cause you brought it up
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 28, 2013, 11:54:38 pm »

Turn.
For the aforementioned reason, it's on the 22nd instead of the 1st. Also, it's a temporary file. I'll try DFFD again later.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 29, 2013, 12:04:31 am »

Ha, thanks for the complement highmax. In fact, earlier tonight I posted this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=131590.msg4644695#msg4644695
Doesn't seem to be too popular, but oh well. Sorry if this seems like advertising, but it's really just cause you brought it up

I got 14 chapters of a story that's kinda based on my D&D group and people I know. I may or may not post it for all to see.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 29, 2013, 01:39:37 am »

It may not be a meme, but I think Mastacheese would approve of us making it one... As well as his wife :P
YES! Reindeer cavalry would be awesome (although it's already been added by the time I read this.)

Also, re forumite me!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 29, 2013, 04:18:42 am »

So I log off and when I get up, I see 2 pages already written out. Well this is fabulous! Ruhn, I would like to ask you to check the year and also install the latest addition of TehLoLmod (and let's hope it doesn't break the game).

As for your stories, I am willing to do a coop/duo story with you, DwArfY ;P. I'm an aspiring writer myself, even though I haven't shown much of my work.

Also remember, VOTE FOR NECROTHREAT IN THE HALL OF FAAAMEE, AAA!

So Highmax28, what do you think of The Wheel of Time? Too hard of a read or is it too awesome to skip?

Well then, that is all. Good luck Ruhn, I hope you might be able to stop the ruthless Padain Fain and his minions, whilst bargaining with the Dark One.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 29, 2013, 06:03:58 am »

So, what's happening once Ruhn's turn is over? Will it go back to the first person on the list? I would like that, if only because of the contrast between then and now...Then, a hope filled new fort. Now, a hole in the ground surrounded by legions of un-dead and no booze
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 29, 2013, 06:52:01 am »

Well people can still apply for a turn until the end of Ruhn's turn. If after his turn ends and there is nobody to take it up, I will put the current player list as "Generation X ('I' being Necrothreat I)" in a spoiler and start a new player list with those of us who want to have a repeat of our turns.

I believe this sounds the most cool and is the best thing to do right now. Of course if new people want to have a go at it, it will be allowed.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 29, 2013, 08:37:20 am »

Oh, just a message for Ruhn. Dunno if you know but in order to make sure of a vampire you lock all likely candidates away from booze and water *shudders* and then let them out one by one as they show signs of thirst, hunger, or sleep. IIRC, vampires don't show signs of any of these. This should probably be made a fairly high priority...we really don't have enough Forumites to simply waste them on being a vampires juice box...plus, I'm apparently married to a candidate, so yeah. Getting anxious over here.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 29, 2013, 09:38:10 am »

Apiks, I love it so far, and I'm like halfway through the first book. Also, one thing that made me want to read it before you told me, was several songs by a band called Blind Guardian. Might want to look up "Wheel of Time" and "Ride into Obsession" by them. I also think the demo version of "Voice in the Dark" is also about wheel of time, but I could be wrong.

I'm all for a repeat of turns, as long as new guys get priority. I'm still currently doing a fortress I'm writing about on here (supposudley the mountainhomes are all dead, so no migrants/caravans from ANYONE, dwarves included) and its rather time grabbing. Literally, I have spent HOURS doing this and the hilarity and seriousness of the place gets ridiculous sometimes. We only have 16 dwarves (one baby that took FOREVER to get the parents to marry) and at least 5 goblin ambushes a year. And the expedition leader has an affinity for/... cats... So it gets funny sometimes. That said, If it cycles back to my turn, it MAY or may not take a bit to post updates. Especially with classes and whatnot...

And I'd also like to help you and apiks write stuff if you so want. I get great ideas, I just need to channel it onto paper/word  :P

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 29, 2013, 11:16:32 am »

I am aware of the band Blind Guardian and I myself listen to them. I only found them due to the books, though. Blind Guardian is famous for making songs attributed to fantasy books. That's why the songs feature stuff about books. As for "Voice in the Dark", its book attribute is 'A song of Ice and Fire' (Game of Thrones).

I do not mind you joining the writer crew, highmax. I myself have great ideas and love to write them but I feel like it's all for naught if I do not have an audience ;P. We still have to talk to DwArfY, though.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 11:18:46 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 121