Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69966 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 17 - It Was A Good Dream
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2013, 01:24:58 pm »

((Guys, how undignified would it be if I started publicly strangling this woman out on the street? Like hell I'm gonna be civil with her.))
((Well, you ARE in Cutthroat Alley...))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2013, 02:21:10 pm »

Feckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeck

Gronok ran. He ran like he never ran before - except for hat one time he was being chased by bandits, of course. He had to get out of here alive, and he knew just the way to do it. However, he'd need to get those guards off his tail first ... Aha! Mo'kar truly did plan for all situations.
"Azikim! Other guys! Split up and run!"

That said, he runs toward that holy door the third priest used, shouting disconcerting truths at the crowd in an effort to slow them down.

"You're all likely to die before the age of 40! 25% of you will develop leprosy! Did you know that there's a unique type of toad that lives in these very temples - very poisonous, only attacks crowds? The only way to avoid it is to stay completely still! Did you know that being chaste actually increases your risk of violent genetalia explosion by as much as 80%? Any sudden movement will set it off! Did you know that simply by not being there, your house is in extreme danger of burning down? Real purity that is associated with giving your possessions away actually has to do with never having any had any possessions at all! Better get to work on that time travel! Praying won't help you either - the only way to cleanse yourself of mortality is to ascend to your gof's side or kill yourself! Have you read 'An Uncomfortable Fact' by Ali Gare? It details how people are stinking up the heavens with their people emissions and if we don't stop soon, God's fist will kill us all! Au revior, hasta luego, adjö, وداعا, and ta-ta!"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2013, 04:52:07 pm »

Excellent.

Sneak to the temple, very very quietly. Note the time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2013, 08:32:55 am »

Sejena's smile had gone so beyond unfriendly it had begun to look like a wild beast brandishing its fangs.

'Well done,' she said. 'But as much as I'm enjoying this, I am tired and an unfortunately impatient woman. Very well then. I am your whore. I am sure it brings you great pleasure to lord your no doubt immaculate past over one who has been a slave for so long. Now... be kind, and tell me where to find Naphezim.'

As above. If she still refuses or plays the fool, look for the man who had been crawling on the roofs instead.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 18 - Facing Judgement
« Reply #169 on: January 30, 2013, 03:17:17 pm »

Turn 18 - Facing Judgement

Not one to waste an opportunity, Gronok runs like hell after shouting to his buddies to split up and make themselves scarce as well.

"Azikim! Other guys! Split up and run!"

They don't look very thankful about being singled out in the crowd while the guards look on. They still run, though. Good for them.

[Gronok escape roll: 1-->3]
[Guards pursuit roll: 2]

Gronok jogs up to the crowd as fast as a man his age possibly can. This is at about 4 kilometers per hour. The guards don't seem to be in a particular rush either, though. They seem to have gotten a bit cocky, though they seem to be slowly closing the distance between themselves and Gronok. Luckily, Gronok has a back-up plan. It is a plan that plays to his strengths.

[Charisma roll: 4+1]

"You're all likely to die before the age of 40! 25% of you will develop leprosy! Did you know that there's a unique type of toad that lives in these very temples - very poisonous, only attacks crowds? The only way to avoid it is to stay completely still! Did you know that being chaste actually increases your risk of violent genitalia explosion by as much as 80%? Any sudden movement will set it off! Did you know that simply by not being there, your house is in extreme danger of burning down? Real purity that is associated with giving your possessions away actually has to do with never having any had any possessions at all! Better get to work on that time travel! Praying won't help you either - the only way to cleanse yourself of mortality is to ascend to your god's side or kill yourself! Have you read 'An Uncomfortable Fact' by Ali Gare? It details how people are stinking up the heavens with their people emissions and if we don't stop soon, God's fist will kill us all! Au revoir, hasta luego, adjö, وداعا, and ta-ta!"

Fortunately, he is going slowly enough for the crowd to hear his entire speech before he half-saunters into the corridor the priest used. He is also going slowly enough to see the results.

Clearly, genitalia explosions are taken very seriously by the Kezilamite faithful. A commotion immediately starts in the crowd, and it is only further compounded by the perplexing, strange words coming out of the prophet's mouth! Chaos erupts around the exit Gronok takes, aiding his escape greatly.

[Gronok escape roll: 6-->3]
[Guard pursuit roll: 5-1]

Noticing the dangerous ideological influence of the lunatic prophet on the crowd, the guards decide to stop messing around and hunt the prophet down. However, the crowd slows them down sufficiently to let Gronok put quite a bit of distance between himself and his pursuers. However, he is still at somewhat of a disadvantage. For one, he doesn't know where he's going. This place looks to be a maze of gray stone hallways. You'd have to be some kind of expert on gray to find any sort of difference between these hallways or, for that matter, the various sleeping quarters they lead to.

Phiali tries to be as quiet as he possibly can and sneak over to the temple. He succeeds in getting to the temple, though that might just be because there was nobody around to hear him. Or so he thinks. Now, however, it is time for the real challenge: getting inside. It looks to be about midnight, so the guards should be away right now.

[Guard absence roll: 4]

Yep, no guards. Yet. Looks like he has a clear shot to the door, though he can't exactly say what he'll find inside. Probably nothing good.

Driven to the point of impatience, Sejena admits defeat in front of the old woman.

"Well done. But as much as I'm enjoying this, I am tired and an unfortunately impatient woman. Very well then. I am your whore. I am sure it brings you great pleasure to lord your no doubt immaculate past over one who has been a slave for so long. Now... be kind, and tell me where to find Naphezim."

[Old Woman reaction roll: 6-->5]

"A-hah! I knew it! I knew that good-for-nothing lout was bringing whores home the entire time!"

She stands up triumphantly and yells into the house behind her "Come on out, Naphezim of Vipuka, and face me! I've found proof of your misdeeds!"

There are a few seconds of silence, but eventually an irritated voice comes from within.

"And just what exactly would those misdeeds be? Hold on, I'm coming!"

The old woman glares at Sejena.

"I knew he would slip up one day, you know. It was only a matter of time. Just like that good-for-nothing lout father of his."

A minute later a short young man exits the building behind the old woman through the front door. He seems ordinary enough, if a bit intense. Also, he immediately takes note of Sejena and spends a moment carefully studying her.

"Well, what do you say about this, you libertine?"

"First time I've seen this woman in my life."

"Now that makes sense, doesn't it? Doesn't it?"

"I have absolutely no idea who she is."

"She's a whore! She admitted it to my face!"

"You tricked her into doing this, I presume."

"No, she just came up to me and said that she wanted to see you, I asked her if she was a whore, and she said yes!"

"You do that with every woman that comes over here. One day someone was bound to say yes."

"With the company you get, I never doubted it!"

Naphezim rolls his eyes, obviously unwilling to continue this discussion at the current place and time. He looks at Sejena again.

"You just had to tell her that, didn't you? Now she'll terrorize me day and night."

"As your mother, it is my duty to steer you away from your horrid lifestyle, I-"

"I know, Mother," he says, sighing. "So, you," he points at Sejena. "Who are you and why are you here?"

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 30, 2013, 03:51:15 pm »

((I'LL NEVER ABANDON YE, HARRY! The turns are too hilarious to do so.))

Search for a way out. If I run into any people, pretend I'm some guy doing penance or something and walk by them muttering 'Glory to God' and all that. If the guards catch up to me while I'm alone, run faster. If they find me while I'm with another person, claim that the guard has been possessed by demons and is a danger to the faith. Run off during the resulting commotion.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2013, 09:19:32 pm »

Either this is a trap, or these guys are bigger fools than I thought.

Approach front door, listen.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2013, 09:47:22 pm »

Elizas sings the ignorant crowd the tale of how the God of alchohal and polygamy is the only true God since he killed all other Gods 84382940518537952.3 years ago.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2013, 05:45:47 am »

((Yeah, sorry. I just keep getting distracted and then missing turns. D:))

"Uh, well. This... is either the cave of a shapechanging witch, or the cave of a wolf or bear or something.

Um. Fortune favors the bold? Plus I didn't get my ram having good sense around dangerous animals."

Enter cave. Call hello.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2013, 05:54:56 am »

((To be fair now, this game updates way too fast. And I think that might be the weirdest complaint I've ever made.

...I would've strangled her, but she's probably bigger and more experienced in street brawling than me.))

Sejena kept her expression as calm as humanly possible. By the Goddess... she'd made a complete fool of herself.

'I'm... terribly sorry about the trouble I've caused,' she said. 'My name is Sejena. Satjap sent me. He told me you could give me a safe place to stay the night. Can we... can we talk somewhere more private?'

Say the above. Glare daggers at Naphezim's creature of a mother.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2013, 06:48:02 am »

((To be fair now, this game updates way too fast. And I think that might be the weirdest complaint I've ever made.))

I guess I'll just update once per two days regardless of player posting quickness. Better to have an entirely regular schedule rather than make a whole lot of exceptions. Though feel free to make a suggestion on preferred update speed. If enough people agree to it, I can alter the schedule further.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 19 - Through Wide and Varied Lairs
« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2013, 01:12:17 pm »

Turn 19 - Through Wide and Varied Lairs

Gronok realizes that wandering aimlessly will do him absolutely no good. So he'll wander with the very precise aim of escaping this vile place. There has to be an additional exit around here, right? It would be extremely poor design if there wasn't, he thinks.

[Search roll: 4]

He methodically jogs through the halls, looking for some sort of window or door or... something. Eventually he does find something: a window in one of the cells! It's pretty high up on the wall and it will take some effort to get through, but it is an escape nonetheless! He looks around to see if there's anyone following him.

[Gronok escape roll: 2]
[Guard pursuit roll: 6-->2]

He hears a couple of guards kick down the door of the next door cell. His flight-or-faster-flight response kicks in and he tries to leap through the window!

[Window navigation roll: 2]

Damn these high windows, they are nigh-unreachable! Gronok sees no way he could possibly escape through this particular window, though he supposes it was worth a shot. And it does sound like the guards are coming this way.

Phiali sneaks up to the front door of the temple and has a bit of a listening session.

[Perception roll: ?]

He doesn't really hear anything from the inside. Then again, this door is really thick. Thicker than the guards, even.

Now that he's gotten the crowd's attention, Elizas breaks out his latest masterpiece - "The God Of Alcohol And Polygamy Is The Only God For You And Me".

[Performance roll: 1-->4+1]

He then realizes he has no such masterpiece on hand or even in his mind. So he just plays vaguely distracting music instead. Hopefully nobody will notice.

They don't. But they do seem to be getting back into an executing mood. Patalim, meanwhile, just looks confused.

Shashari once more explains her next course of action to her companion with the womanly voice.

"Uh, well. This... is either the cave of a shapechanging witch, or the cave of a wolf or bear or something."

"Very astute observation. You may also notice that meeting any of those does not bode well for us in the least."

"Um. Fortune favors the bold? Plus I didn't get my ram having good sense around dangerous animals."

"Uh, I'll just hang back a bit, then. I'd rather have less fortune than less blood."

Shaking her head at the Siren, Shashari heads into the cave.

"Uh, hello?"

[Response roll: 1-->4]

There is no response. At least, none that Shashari can hear.

[Perception roll: ?]

She does hear something faintly moving and rustling in there. Something definitely heard her.

Sejena is, quite frankly, embarrassed by the proceedings here today. She attempts to make up for it by performing the best death glare she can at that... thing.

[Charisma roll: 5+1]

Naphezim's mother shrinks back from Sejena's suddenly intense and, to be honest, faintly murderous look.

"Son, she's looking at me funny! The streetwalker is staring at me! There is murder in her eyes, I can see it!"

"You say that about everyone, Mother. Go inside, please."

"But I don't want to leave you alone with that shrew! Who knows what she'll do to you!"

"I'm sure I will be fine. Now go. Work on the loom or something."

Naphezim's mother's eyes wander from Sejena to her son, then back. Finally, she admits defeat and begins slowly walking back into the house, throwing a glance back occasionally. After she goes in, Sejena can sometimes see her peeking out through the window. The impulse to wave is hard to suppress.

"Right. Now that that's done with, I ask again: who are you and why are you here?"

"I'm... terribly sorry about the trouble I've caused," she says. "My name is Sejena. Satjap sent me. He told me you could give me a safe place to stay the night. Can we... can we talk somewhere more private?"

"Satjap, Satjap... Satjap of Adokiim?"

Sejena nods.

"What a tiresome fellow. So now he's sending people my way. We will have to have a talk about that. Nevertheless, he said I could provide shelter?"

"Yes, he did."

[Naphezim thinking roll: ?]

"Well, I do know of a place nearby. Follow me."

He leads Sejena off the street and into the building the roof-climber still seems to be on. Naphezim raises his hand in a greeting, which the man returns. He takes Sejena to a room in the back of the building, which seems to have been quite an opulent house back in the day. Right now, however, it is largely a dust filled semi-ruin. The particular room that Sejena is taken to, a bedroom, is a bit better, with some of the dust actually looking like it's been disturbed in the past 20 years, in contrast to all the other ones Sejena had seen.

"So, you wished to talk about something?"

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:30:32 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2013, 02:21:16 pm »

Blast.

Try again! If that doesn't work, try to hide, and if they find me, fake death.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2013, 04:21:10 pm »

Cautiously, quietly, open the door.
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2013, 11:07:12 pm »

Shashari coughed.

"Um, well, if you can hear me... anyone? Anything? I'm not here to burn you at the stake or steal your meat... so nice witch and/or wolf and/or bear? Want to come out and talk about this?"

I cast diplomacy at the darkness.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 60