Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69939 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 22 - An Ocean Of Blood
« Reply #195 on: February 08, 2013, 01:55:13 pm »

"Mo'kar is the only god there is, a benevolent overlord who gifts his followers with knowledge. You worship him by teaching things, learning something new, or revealing the truth. There's no need to torture those who stray from the correct path when your god can show you that the reason you strayed was wrong. Remain faithful to Him, and He will reveal secrets of great power to you. And once we know all there is to know, we will ascend to His side, ready at last to Teach his new children."

"So how's that sound? If you all agree to worship the rightful cause of Mo'kar, I'll set about freeing you."

When they agree, free them.
Additional request for map.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 08, 2013, 02:28:48 pm »

((Sorry!))

"Em, well, good day to you then," Shashari said, turning to leave. "I think it's just a bear," she added to Siren.

"You're right though, something's not right with those stones."

Return to witch-stones. Try following tracks again, maybe a different pair this time.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 08, 2013, 05:59:29 pm »

Sneak out of that hallway, check the others in counterclockwise order. Be sure to creep along the walls quietly and glance down the halls for obvious guards or something before starting down them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2013, 01:28:51 pm »

I was going to update, but I will settle for a bump due to reasons of updating with two players missing making me feel dirty inside.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2013, 01:30:02 pm »

I was going to update, but I will settle for a bump due to reasons of updating with two players missing making me feel dirty inside.
Which two players?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2013, 01:32:28 pm »

Why, Digital Hellhound and TCM. Sad, that. I quite enjoy writing up turns for them.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2013, 01:36:13 pm »

Why, Digital Hellhound and TCM. Sad, that. I quite enjoy writing up turns for them.
PMs awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

By which I mean I've PMed them.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:38:21 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2013, 01:39:31 pm »

((Err, oops!))

Sejena sat on the bed and ran her fingers over her face, trying to make sense of the dream. Was it a message from the Goddess? Sometimes, dreams were just dreams. But this wasn't like any other dream she'd ever had.

Goddess... that wasn't even the only matter. This... Naphezim. That man was getting on her nerves. She would have loved nothing more than shattering the disgusting little man, so full of himself, so... lacking in manners. If he hadn't wanted her here he could've just turned her away.

Time was wasting, though. She wanted to know something more than a name of the man.

Clean up to the best of my ability, head outside. See if the roof-climber is still around and see if he's in a talking mood.

FAKE EDIT: ((Aieee, three new replies while you were typing? A bump is enough, thankyouverymuch. And I quite enjoy reading these turns too - I only take so much time 'cos I feel I have so many things I could do, which is a good thing. Well, for me, maybe not for your patience.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 23 - The Quiet Alley
« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2013, 03:06:48 pm »

Turn 23 - The Quiet Alley

Gronok, delightfully prompted by the imprisoned people, launches into an explanation of God's true nature and power.

"Mo'kar is the only god there is, a benevolent overlord who gifts his followers with knowledge. You worship him by teaching things, learning something new, or revealing the truth. There's no need to torture those who stray from the correct path when your god can show you that the reason you strayed was wrong. Remain faithful to Him, and He will reveal secrets of great power to you. And once we know all there is to know, we will ascend to His side, ready at last to Teach his new children."

"So how's that sound? If you all agree to worship the rightful cause of Mo'kar, I'll set about freeing you."

"Sounds like a good enough deity to worship. We agree to this conversion. Freedom does sound awfully tempting."

Gronok, having received this affirmative and acceptable answer, sets about freeing these miserable individuals.

Unfortunately, they are placed behind bars. And the door is locked.

[Dungeon lack of security roll: 1-->3]

And the key is nowhere in sight or, indeed, easy reach. It appears that this place, contrary to most impressions, is not staffed primarily by fools. Hm. Well, at least Gronok can spend this time looking very thoughtful and composing a mental map of the area.

Spoiler: Gronok's mental map (click to show/hide)

Shashari judges the cave as quite unlikely to hold anything and politely excuses herself.

"Em, well, good day to you then," she says, turning to leave. "I think it's just a bear."

"Indeed."

"You're right, though, something's not right with those stones."

The group then follows the tracks right back to the witch-stones and, upon witnessing their frightening semi-lifelike visage once more, decides to try once more. They are wasting daylight, after all, and the night is unlikely to be a good period to be outside in the witch-infested woods.

[Woodsmanship roll: 2]

Shashari attempts to follow the tracks once again, but this proves to be an ultimately fruitless task. She just manages to follow them back to the cave again.

"Obviously, the witch must be a bear as well. Their power knows no bounds."

Phiali, as the next step in his investigation, tries to explore the various tunnels in a counterclockwise fashion while remaining as stealthy and inconspicuous as possible.

[Stealth roll: 3]

He strolls down the front-left tunnel, only to find three branching paths - one leads to a set of metallic bars in the shape of a door, the others are wooden doors. There seems to be some noise coming from within the right one.

[People attention roll: 6-->4]

Suddenly, the room audibly quiets down!

"Say, did you hear that? That doesn't sound like one of us."

"True. Too sneaky."

"Let us check it out!"

That is rather... not good.

[Quick disappearance roll: 6-->2]

He quickly tiptoes into the room opposite the one with the people, closing the door as quietly as possible. He finds himself in a room full of swords, spears and a whole lot of other deadly implements of dastardly violence. They are, to tell the truth, quite shiny. And sharp. Phiali is almost tempted to handle one, but he is interrupted by the sound of voices again.

"I don't see anyone around."

"Let us arm ourselves anyway. Better to be safe, no?"

He hears lazily approaching steps.

Sejena, after pondering her dream and shaking the lung-destroying amounts of dust pervading the house off herself, seeks out the roof-climbing man she saw earlier in order to gauge his manner and temperament. There has to be someone amiable in this area, right?

[Search roll: 1-->1]

Upon reaching the area outside, she notices that it is absolutely empty. There is nobody around at all, curiously enough. Not that Minozan fellow, not Naphezim, not even his mother, who seemed very much like a permanent fixture of the area when she first met her. Everybody's just up and disappeared all of a sudden. Cutthroat Alley is emptied of all visible life.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2013, 03:13:20 pm »

"...Did any of you happen to see where the guards put their keys, or went after locking you up?"
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2013, 03:14:49 pm »

"...Did any of you happen to see where the guards put their keys, or went after locking you up?"

"They keep them on their person. At all times. Even while they sleep. Particularly as they sleep."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2013, 03:18:35 pm »

"Fecking guards not being incompetent...
Are they easily provoked and manipulated, or emotionless buffoons like everyone else here?"
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2013, 03:26:09 pm »

"Fecking guards not being incompetent...
Are they easily provoked and manipulated, or emotionless buffoons like everyone else here?"

"Not entirely sure. They do feel eminently responsible for their keys, as any retribution for their loss is exacted on them most severely. I hear they give shame swords to the ones that lose their keys or their swords, and it takes at least a year of penance for them to get the real ones back. The frustrated and shamed torturers definitely are the worst. They are always so vindictive."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2013, 03:29:36 pm »

"Hehe. Hahaha. Hahahaha! HAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! PERFECT!
Ahem! So! I'll get to work on that. What do the shame swords look like?"
Sig! Onol

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2013, 03:30:36 pm »

Elizas takes some useful things off the carpenter's hands (temporarily, of course) and goes back to Patalim.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 60