Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69957 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 67 - How God Operates
« Reply #675 on: July 07, 2013, 08:05:23 am »

((Phiali: Member of the God Mafia))
((Where did this come from?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 07, 2013, 08:13:09 am »

Lars points at the guard that has been guiding them.  "Quick, what is likely to be behind this door?  Should we all just charge in?"

"No idea. Probably guards. Difficult to say how many."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #677 on: July 07, 2013, 08:17:07 am »

((Phiali: Member of the God Mafia))
((Where did this come from?))
((Well, one could say you're making not-so-veiled threats to the woman, about how she should want to be god's friend and how she shouldn't disrespect god's prophets. And now you're going to make her an offer she can't refuse. And I couldn't help but imagine him talking in a "The Godfather" way.
So blame my imagination.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 07, 2013, 08:25:42 am »

((I certainly wasn't attempting that.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 07, 2013, 02:11:34 pm »

Lars nodded.  "We will give them their chance to surrender."

Burst into the room with the whole of the mob, with those best armed at the front.  Demand their surrender.

"Heretics, now is your final chance for surrender!  Submit or face the fires of the One True God!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 09, 2013, 12:21:49 pm »

Three days and two actions. That's not enough, I'd say, so this is a third-day bump.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 09, 2013, 12:23:48 pm »

See what's happening in town.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 11, 2013, 01:35:42 am »

Turn posted.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 11, 2013, 03:08:22 am »

((Whoops again.))

Examine tripwire or former tripwire in more detail. Did I actually trigger it or just stumble over it because it was built for something heavy?

Like... a witchbear?!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 68 - Afternoon, Most Boring Of Times
« Reply #684 on: July 11, 2013, 03:29:42 pm »

Turn 68 - Afternoon, Most Boring Of Times

Phiali, feeling that he's made his point here, comes out with the offer at last.

"So, my dear, are you ready to convert to the One True Faith and accept God?"

[Conversion roll: 2+1]

"I'm not entirely sure. What would this mean?"

Hm. Yes. That is problematic, of course. Phiali doesn't really know what exactly following God entails. He's been kind of making it up as he goes so far.

[Ritual explanation roll: 1-->2+1]

"Well, um... I suppose it involves drinking."

"Wine or water?"

"Uh... both?"

"Haven't got wine."

"Water, then."

"I do that anyway," she says, pointing at the bucket of water.

"Also, stealing valuables."

"Nothing to steal. At least, nothing valuable."

"Um... burning heretics?"

"Only I and my husband live here. The rest have died off."

Hm. Phiali's kind of stumped now. He can't really find a basis for much of an organized religion here.

Lars decides on the next course of action.

"We will give them their chance to surrender."

The mob nods, and together they pull open the door and run right in!

They come face to face with four priests of Kezilam, including the head priest, all outfitted in bronze armor with flame patterns drawn on it in black.

"Heretics, now is your final chance for surrender! Submit or face the fires of the One True God!" Lars shouts to them.

The priests look at him silently. Then each of them produce torches, putting them up to their armor. The flame patterns begin to blaze wildly. The priests then draw their rather large swords and charge at the mob screaming in a unified offensive.

[Priests of Kezilam vs. Mob: 2+1+1+1 vs. 4+2]

The members of the mob produce their swords and pitchforks, though, adopting a defensive stance preventing the crazed, flaming priests from getting too close to them. Hm. This is... unusual.

Gronok chooses to currently tell the owner of the house that he's about to go a-prophesying, and then heads out after making sure he notes several landmarks of the area as he leaves.

However, he can't really find any crowds around this place. Looks like the morning rush is over by now, and everybody's sort of dispersed to appropriate locations for either the work or the drinking and whoring they want to accomplish today. Whatever people walk along the streets are woefully solitary and in a bit of a rush.

Elizas, having no idea what to do with his spare time right now, decides to cruise through town. Maybe adventure will turn up on its own.

After two hours, he is forced to conclude, very much like a fellow prophet far away from here, that this town is totally boring at this hour. Guess they party all night and sleep all day in Berikalam. Though Elizas isn't entirely against such a principle, it does put him at a loss on what to do with his time right now. There's not even any executions on, what's up with that? Kezilamites must be getting sloppy after genociding the Azlippeans.

Shashari, caught in a trap she doesn't seem to understand, examines the tripped tripwire. She sees that is still in place, though she can easily trip it again, judging by the easiness of pulling it. It's certainly not meant specifically for a witchbear, bearwitch or anything like that, though she supposes that a witchbear or even a witchbat could trip it just as nicely as she did.

It's strange, actually, because nothing terrible has happened yet. Usually when you trip a tripwire, that's very bad news. Now, though, the thing doesn't seem to have set off deathtraps of any sort.

At least, none that she can see. Yet.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 11, 2013, 03:31:45 pm »

Gronok goes and looks for a library or something of that sort.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 11, 2013, 03:40:56 pm »

Hm... continue crawling down the tunnel, but slowly and carefully, keeping an eye out for any more tripwires or tripwire-activated things.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 11, 2013, 05:48:04 pm »

Curses! I was hoping this was a sure thing!

"Well...one moment, please."

Wander off to one side. Pray to God for inspiration on what His rituals and such are.
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 11, 2013, 07:07:28 pm »

Go find idle person(s) to convert.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 11, 2013, 09:39:10 pm »

((All turns in one day- it's a miracle!))

Lars, amid the struggle, points at the head priest.  "See!  See how your leaders suffer at the hands of the True God!"

God's Wrath the lead priest!  (The basic version)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 60