Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 796607 times)

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3360 on: July 02, 2014, 06:03:27 am »

Journal of SanDiego, master of all things mechanical

26th Granite 272

Since I have no way to know, if we are isolated from the caverns, I decided for the safe solution - sent all our military might on the slug (since when do slugs have feathers?). Hope they don't lose their way en route.

28th Granite 272

Soldiers tell me they can't reach the slug. I guess that's good news. Orders to kill the bastard are delayed. All of the new arrivals except butcher are assigned to masnory and hauling duties.

1st Slate 272

Today, NCommander has been scared to death by the ghost of Shaggard. We really need to expedite the burial process, but we barely have enough hands to do it. And not enough coffins. Need more coffins.

2nd Slate 272

I retract my former comment about the slug being safely outside. During a random inspection I noticed him spreading chaos in our cavern level. Prosnorkulus and Ulborb charge the beast, Microblighted hard on their heels. It is him, who slays Cona, kicking his brains out.
I still can't figure how the hell did that damned slug get inside. The cavern outpost is a godawful mess of bridges, doors, walls, holes in said walls and unmarked levers which probably do somethind unspeakable.

7th Slate 272

The mule and the Water bufallo are still at it. It's like the most boring glatiator fight ever.

10th Slate 272

Prosnorkulus, Ulborb and Microblighted are admitted to hospital and promptly fill it with terrible stench. Thaddeus just hauls shit around like it's not his bussiness. It may take a forceful reminder for him to notice.
A day later, Thaddeus is still not taking care of his patients. Although, with the way things have been going around here, they may just die of thirst before whatever Cona sprayed on them kills them.

12th Slate 272

Apparently, there are more forgotten beasts wandering around. I didn't notice this one till it started nibbling on Scribbles. Before Peregarr was able to strike it down, Espir unfortunately killed Saber.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: July 02, 2014, 09:29:57 am »

Post the description of any FB or demon and I will tell you what its poison does.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: July 02, 2014, 09:32:17 am »

The poisonous one is the one I posted earlier. The second one was just spitting webs.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: July 02, 2014, 10:03:21 am »

That's a standing offer. If you run into any more poisonous FBs, I'll tell you their poison too.

EDIT: It looks like I died again, so could you dwarf me as Flame III, Chaosbane, a furnace operator?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:21:00 am by TheFlame52 »

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: July 02, 2014, 10:59:57 am »

Espir unfortunately killed Saber.
I have experienced my first death in this fort. Am I in the cool kids club now?

If you can, i'd like to see how Espir killed me. Also, I think I ordered a slab to be engraved for shaggard eariler, you might want to check the stocks screen. 

EDIT:
The second one was just spitting webs.
Nevermind. I think I see what happened.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:03:57 am by TheSaberTooth »
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: July 02, 2014, 10:52:02 pm »

I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS

Weren't you the one who told me to expect the unexpected?! And I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT IT. *shivers*

Edit: What's the record for death count caused by a succession fortress?

Me thinks we beat it.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:13:04 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: July 03, 2014, 12:06:21 am »

Espir unfortunately killed Saber.
I have experienced my first death in this fort. Am I in the cool kids club now?

If you can, i'd like to see how Espir killed me. Also, I think I ordered a slab to be engraved for shaggard eariler, you might want to check the stocks screen. 

EDIT:
The second one was just spitting webs.
Nevermind. I think I see what happened.

Shaggard's more relevant in death than life, if that troll had anything to say about it. He's the ghost of fortmas present.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: July 03, 2014, 04:30:10 am »

I'd love to, but all workforce is 100% taxed at the moment. Most of the people are building coffins and burying dead, some are upgrading our walls and smelting and the rest hauls crap around. I think i may suspend the metalworking, but the slab still has to wait for burials to be done.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: July 03, 2014, 11:13:00 am »

Post the description of any FB or demon and I will tell you what its poison does.

I'd be interested in knowing the exact details of the gecko sauce. It was a winged lizard with oval-shaped scales, if I do recall.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: July 03, 2014, 04:10:43 pm »

So, I was going to do an update today, but I ended up restoring my system. Update later this week.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: July 03, 2014, 06:51:38 pm »

I'm 90% sure this is it.
[DESCRIPTION:A huge three-eyed gecko.  It has three long, hanging tails and it has a bloated body.  Its dark taupe scales are oval-shaped and overlapping.  Beware its poisonous vapors!]

[CE_SWELLING:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:1172:PEAK:2320:END:3657:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DELAYS]
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:354:PEAK:1124:END:3386:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DELAYS]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:297:PEAK:1387:END:3654:LOCALIZED:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DELAYS]
[CE_FEVER:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:449:PEAK:716:END:3063:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DELAYS]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:857:PEAK:1608:END:3486:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DELAYS]

I don't think the pain manifests when the poison is eaten.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: July 05, 2014, 05:56:43 pm »

Due to visiting family updates resume monday-ish.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: July 07, 2014, 11:58:54 pm »

I'm 90% sure this is it.
[DESCRIPTION:A huge three-eyed gecko.  It has three long, hanging tails and it has a bloated body.  Its dark taupe scales are oval-shaped and overlapping.  Beware its poisonous vapors!]

[CE_SWELLING:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:1172:PEAK:2320:END:3657:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DELAYS]
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:354:PEAK:1124:END:3386:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DELAYS]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:297:PEAK:1387:END:3654:LOCALIZED:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DELAYS]
[CE_FEVER:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:449:PEAK:716:END:3063:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DELAYS]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:857:PEAK:1608:END:3486:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DELAYS]

I don't think the pain manifests when the poison is eaten.

That LOOKS right. So, since I know nothing about poison raws, mind breaking it down?

This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: July 08, 2014, 04:41:45 am »

Who brought you an update despite new version being released? I did!
Journal of SanDiego, master of all things mechanical

15th Slate 272

The bufallo is really going at the poor little llama.

Also, I just found a corpse lying squarely between no less than four coffins.

18th Slate 272

I just went to check in on Prosnorkulus, Ulborb and Microblighted and it would seem, that the poison of Cona causes rot. Widespread rot. Really widespread.

21st Slate 272

The ghost of Shaggard has finally been put to rest, luckily before he managed to kill anyone else.

25th Slate 272

Krevsin was last surviving member of Peacekeepers, squad with no leader. Since we are also short on guard captains, I have transferred him to guard duty and assigned him the quarters I build. Also, jail is renewed.
Also, the rot continues.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2nd Felsite 272

Today, I have placed AnimaRytak's memorial in his future tomb. Operations continue in somewhat smooth tempo.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Truly a tomb worthy a Void God.

11th Felsite 272

Walls are still not getting done, despite my numerous reminders. This is starting to frustrate me.

13th Felsite 272

The process of interring AnimaRytak's corpse was acompanied by a Troll, who decided to torture a random chicken. Void-wraths have been dispatched to rectify this issue.
Belay that. Mad Fool killed the troll on his way to bed.

17th Felsite 272

AnimaRytak's corpse has been interred in the Tomb. Also, on unrelated note, all adults now have their own rooms.

19th Felsite 272

A goblin snatcher appeared, but a single look on our glorious fortress managed to make him flee. An what's that? Elves coming? Ha! Free target practice!

20th Felsite 272

Belay the target practice. Greenskins ambush us.
Fun bit of fort trivia - some dwarves have multiple instants of unburied corpses. Also, our stock of corpses clocks out at 1600 and change.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: July 08, 2014, 07:24:18 am »

How's Captain Ringo McClellan? Did he die in the recent chaos? If so, redwarf me as any available male with sword skill or gemworking skill.

Also... DF 2014![/i][/u] So excited! Haven't gotten much opportunity to play beyond genning a world, but... it looks promising.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 272