Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 137168 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2013, 10:03:30 am »

Oh, there are plenty of factors which I'm looking for time to time, depending on what kind of fort I'm planning to build.

Sand (often requested).
Specific minerals or layer stones.
Vegetation density.
Tree density.
Cliffs.
Specific types of terrain (glacier, desert, moist broadleaf forest, lake, sea etc).
River size.
River convergence.

I'm pretty sure some people could add their own suggestions, there were plenty of ideas for embark finder improvement through the years.

Ideally, such a tool could support logical operators, or alternatively allow the user to assign weights to different search parameters.
While searching cliffs, why not also relative elevations, cliff indication height markers, and otherwise that the other screens show; along with race relations (What if you want to be at war with humans, while at peace with gobbos?); and in combination with cliffs and rivers, waterfalls (if can be scannable; River/brook tile on a partifular cliff height/relativity height markup; csan for a partuclary high waterfall)?

And if you want a preview of the site using Japa's IsoWorld, exact coordinates of the region tile to look for. Of course, Japa will need to toss in a coordinate feature to his program to make it most useful. Way easier than using references from the overworld map, and scanning region tiles for reference when searching for a specific region to get a better idea of how it would look.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:17:44 am by Itnetlolor »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2013, 06:24:29 pm »

Is it possible to force selling an artifact?  I know there worth a ton, but sometimes I just don't want/nor need one.  It would be nice to somehow mark the item as a regular masterwork item inside the trade screen.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2013, 06:01:52 am »

I'm not sure, but I think transformed critters giving birth may crash the game.

However! trueTransformation may prevent this. If it does, coooool beans.

Actually, it looks like it doesn't.

In the arena, the kittens were messed up in terms of names and group affiliation (ie, immediately attacked their mothers, who belonged to group 1).

However, in fortress mode they did not, and appear normal.

Also:
Blargh. I'd love to test this but I can't get trueTransform to work. Do I have to do something special to enable it? There's a dll of the right name in the plugins folder, but the example syndrome doesn't work. Does it really have to be male ducks? I deleted ducks out of the game (it's Zelda). What if I used a male rabbit? Does it not work in the arena?

It seems truetransform ONLY works in fortress mode  ???.

Looks like reaction created creatures are a go!

...Once someone takes this proof-of-concept and fleshes it out into a real DFHack plugin...

Does this mean we could transform a Dwarf into some creature, have that creature give birth, and then transform back into the same Dwarf but have the baby be a member of the civilization?

uhh I worked on that back when I was researching if love can bloom in the battlefield.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2013, 11:59:00 am »

What were the results? Anything interesting?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2013, 11:49:35 am »

A search plugin for the pasture / cage menu, similar to what Falcone added for other things.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2013, 12:54:29 pm »

A search plugin for the pasture / cage menu, similar to what Falcone added for other things.

Already done, see here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124708.0
Adds some more filters (caged and gender) to pastures and pits as well as searching/filtering when assigning to cages.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2013, 01:24:05 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51059.msg1087476#msg1087476

click the image for the thread. Olon Toolpalace is Half-Dwarf half-cat hybrid made to prove that this is true.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2013, 02:01:17 pm »

Transformed creatures give birth as their current creature type, I believe.

The proof-of-concept is as follows:
1) Give dwarves a vapor-breath weapon that turns dwarves into female cats.
Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CAT_ZAP:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:cat transformation]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:ALL]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:1000]
[CE:CREATURE:CAT:FEMALE]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:turn into cat]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:CAT_ZAP:TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:1000]
2) Embark to a location
3) Draft a dwarf into a squad and send him to attack an animal somewhere.
4) Once the dwarf turns himself into a female cat, run catsplosion from the DFHack prompt
  a) The dwarf will give birth to one or more kittens.
  b) These kittens are treated as pets, although the Animals list available off the 'z' menu will claim that they are "not tame," whatever that means.
     i)Only kittens born from transformed dwarves are listed as such, kittens birthed from actual cats as a result of catsplosion are listed as tame.
  c) Once the dwarf reverts back into a dwarf, his relasionships list can be checked. This will show that he considers the kittens to be his children.
    i) As the kittens initially have no names, the description screen will give a mangled sentence when describing the dwarfs offspring.
    ii)Once the kittens adopted an owner they receive a name, which is used on all screens from then on.
  d) Male or Female dwarves can be used. The game did not crash.
  e) The dwarf parent will receive the usual negative thought if one of the kittens dies (lost a child to tragedy recently).
    i) On a totally unrelated subject, the kittens can still be designated for slaughter from the 'z' animals menu despite being listed as "not tame."

2) Due to the fact that body transformations cure all physical wounds, as well as the risk of strong negative thoughts from the death of the offspring, it would be better to use some creature other than the dwarf performing the reaction as the parent.
  2a) DFHack can read the global units list (I believe). It could therefore scan the list for a standard 'homunculus' pet (for example), and use the body transformation/impregnation trick on the first such creature it locates. Obviously, I have not done a proof-of-concept for this idea.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:38:58 pm by D_E »
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2013, 02:38:40 pm »

That homonculus is a great idea...

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2013, 03:37:44 pm »

So this means that "spawning" creatures is possible, could you then use the makeown dfhack script to turn them into a member of your civ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2013, 03:44:29 pm »

This would allow spawning of pets that count as children. To get working civ members with this, you would have to use a dwarven caste instead. Hugo and me use this trick for slaves... buy a pet that gives birth to a non-pet caste that transforms into a dwarven caste.

Your solution is a lot better then the currently one used, with the reanimation/transformation of bodyparts.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2013, 04:49:02 pm »

Already done, see here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124708.0
Adds some more filters (caged and gender) to pastures and pits as well as searching/filtering when assigning to cages.

Thanks, another one I'd find very useful is either search function for workshop profiles, or just sorting everyone alphabetically.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2013, 04:59:15 pm »

Thanks, another one I'd find very useful is either search function for workshop profiles, or just sorting everyone alphabetically.

I think that's already possible as well. Try pressing Alt-Shift-N (for alphabetic sorting) in the workshop profile menu. I can't verify it right now but it should work in most screens where you get a list or your dorfs/units. Requirement is dfhack 34.11.r3 and having the stuff from the default dfhack.init active.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2013, 07:41:17 pm »

This would allow spawning of pets that count as children. To get working civ members with this, you would have to use a dwarven caste instead. Hugo and me use this trick for slaves... buy a pet that gives birth to a non-pet caste that transforms into a dwarven caste.

Your solution is a lot better then the currently one used, with the reanimation/transformation of bodyparts.

But any dwarven caste will still have a chance of naturally occurring correct? Or has the 0 pop ratio been fixed?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2013, 01:05:03 am »

No, it has not. So you might end up with one of your "slave caste dwarves" as a migrant.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61