Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695449 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: MEGABATTLE
« Reply #2880 on: April 18, 2013, 08:43:47 pm »

Mega Man:  Wear Slog as a hat
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: April 18, 2013, 08:45:59 pm »

Very yes. Also, He and Slog match!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: April 18, 2013, 08:48:28 pm »

230 colors? That's more than I would have guessed from the context.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: April 18, 2013, 08:49:15 pm »

230 colors? That's more than I would have guessed from the context.

Most of them aren't actually used. I'm sure the ones I've actually used total up to around 60-80 or something.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: April 18, 2013, 09:41:53 pm »

Oh oh oh, I like studying palettes and color choices. Can I see your palette, or is it a secret?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: April 18, 2013, 10:03:08 pm »

Oh oh oh, I like studying palettes and color choices. Can I see your palette, or is it a secret?

Visibone Swatch Collection #2

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: April 18, 2013, 11:09:56 pm »

Hey baby, wanna see my swatch?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: April 19, 2013, 01:53:16 am »

((I am so getting me some of that swatch.

Thanks FFS for the link! ;D))

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: April 19, 2013, 03:58:38 am »

Yes! Instruct us, Mega-Sensei!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: April 19, 2013, 11:04:48 pm »

((Gonna have to take a break for a few days. I know, I know. Getting closer to finals though :o

I'll put up a Did You Catch It either tonight or tomorrow to compensate for the wait.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: April 19, 2013, 11:54:13 pm »

[Quick, everyone, try to guess the Did You Catch it! I'm betting it has to deal with Oric's shirt.]

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: April 20, 2013, 07:18:28 pm »

"Did You Catch It?" #2
A bits-and-pieces show with freeformschooler

Hello, and welcome to the second pointless episode of "Did You Catch It" - the show where I answer questions no one asked! Today's focus is Riltia, the enigmatic Glass Guardian who may or may not be faking amnesia. We know very little about Riltia other than her DUMB FIGHTER STRENGTH and hesitancy to join in Al and Ciro's silly shenanigans. Just what is she hiding? Let's find out.

#3: Where did Riltia see the teleporter?

When we first got back into the groove of controlling Ciro and Riltia after Cain's impromptu intermission, they teleported out of a "sub-D" (sub-dungeon, as shown on the exit sign) using some kind of pad with a funny symbol on it. Ciro knew it was an exit because she's fairly genre-savvy, but Riltia thought she'd seen it before. What was it, anyway?

Back in the very first dungeon level, Riltia opened a wooden door with her spear. She couldn't get across the lava at the time, but she was commanded to look at what was on the other side.

A group of search-bots and the teleporter pad. It would have been difficult to see it from where she was, explaining why she couldn't quite remember. Interestingly, the room had no exits, and we've seen searchbots dissolved in harmful substances before (in Outer Underside). This indicates they made their way to that room with the tele-pad seen above. Given the searchbots are controlled by Proxxy, it's evident that she, at least, knows how to use them.

Plenty remains unexplained here. What the heck was up with that "sub-dungeon" the tele-pad linked to? What is the significance of the symbol on them? Only time (and incessant theorycrafting) will tell.

#4: What is "SLVL?"

Before Ciro and Riltia exited the sub-dungeon, Riltia quaffed an entire Level Up Potion. Now, it's no secret that the term "level up" was merely a gag as the characters don't gain EXP for anything. However, during her "level up" report, we saw one term that hasn't been seen anywhere before or after the potion:

Riltia gains the following benefits:

+1 SLVL

"SLVL?" Huh?

It's not exactly a huge spoiler that SLVL stands for Soul Level (in fact, given the setting, I bet many here would guess that on their first try). But... do Soul Stars even have "levels?" Have we seen them level up at all? Yes, in fact, we have! Here's a comparison of the Astral Influx's menu when we found it and when we last saw it:

Not only has the symbol in the center grown, the Astral Influx has gained a visible Soul Gauge. Could this indicate that Soul Stars gain additional powers over time? If so, what facilitates this growth? It's still a mystery.

#5: Did we really create Riltia?

This one isn't so much an unseen fact as a clarification to something I'd said before. When the players asked about what effect Riltia's class had on her abilities, I said this:

It's her class. It determines starting skill and other important things that we haven't reached yet. It came from the item we used for the quest: an empty glass bottle.

At the time, this made it sound as if we'd created Riltia from thin air by initiating the Angel Statue's quest. However, all we really did was determine her class, as I mentioned. However... would Riltia have climbed the ladder to DL1 if we didn't the statue's quest? Why couldn't she remember anything before that? What power do the angel statues hold over Riltia and the Warrens, and who holds power over the statues? These questions remain unanswered.

Hope everyone enjoyed the second episode of "Did You Catch It?" If everything goes well, it'll be back next hiatus. Catch you later!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:20:25 pm by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 1544