Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400463 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2013, 03:58:12 pm »

Really? Oops. Better get typing then.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2013, 04:21:43 pm »

YEEEHAW! Lets get this party started!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2013, 04:41:01 pm »

Just a note; unless Ghaz rules otherwise, my Act made Udil hidden from you lot's prying eyes and senses. No appearing in his head or rumbling beneath his feet, okay? You'd only tormenting him more, the poor child. Can't you see it would be much kinder to leave him to nurture his rage and thirst for vengean... err, love for all things in peace?

Of course I'm sure you can spend an Act to find him, but anyway.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2013, 06:22:38 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yF5Qn1hC-iM#!
This is what fights between the gods will look like.
What is going on.

Just a note; unless Ghaz rules otherwise, my Act made Udil hidden from you lot's prying eyes and senses. No appearing in his head or rumbling beneath his feet, okay? You'd only tormenting him more, the poor child. Can't you see it would be much kinder to leave him to nurture his rage and thirst for vengean... err, love for all things in peace?

Hopefully my actions resolve before yours.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 25, 2013, 06:26:41 pm »

Well, that "hiding from the gods' eyes" didn't work so well since he disappeared off my game board. That raises red flags to a creator god that some shit be going down.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2013, 07:51:41 pm »

So is that everyone, or is some roleplaying still required?
I have plans to preserve the Fireborn...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 25, 2013, 08:46:38 pm »

jbg, i have to interfere with your thing. Even if he disappeared from your board you don't know where he is...DH specifically posted from "Divine Eyes and Senses" so you can't even see him...or feel, at least not without the major investment of power from your side, which you currently dont have...

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2013, 09:00:22 pm »

jbg, i have to interfere with your thing. Even if he disappeared from your board you don't know where he is...DH specifically posted from "Divine Eyes and Senses" so you can't even see him...or feel, at least not without the major investment of power from your side, which you currently dont have...
He dissapeared from the board, I could go to the last location he was at before vanishing, then find the source of the screeching, the giant fighting the dwarf. And if he is invisible to me, i'd know he is there from the giant's interaction. I could talk to him (in the physical world, not psychically), but only be able to sense him only if he replys.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:05:01 pm by Jbg97 »
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 25, 2013, 09:13:36 pm »

Udil is yet only one mortal amongst untold thousands. What does an overgod care if one disappears? Hundreds must disappear every day when they die. You can't possibly go and check up on every single mortal disappearing every single time... Think about it. It's ridiculous.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 25, 2013, 09:18:05 pm »

Wouldn't he know if a villagers died then? This guy just disappear off his board for no reason, of course he is going to investigate.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 25, 2013, 09:18:17 pm »

Udil is yet only one mortal amongst untold thousands. What does an overgod care if one disappears? Hundreds must disappear every day when they die. You can't possibly go and check up on every single mortal disappearing every single time... Think about it. It's ridiculous.
The board monitors civilizations as a whole, ancients, gods, and ascendants. As an ascendant, Udil got his own piece and I don't think ascendants are easily killed; so when a player on the board pops out of existance, that is quite interesting and worth a look.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2013, 09:24:04 pm »

What is the difference between an ascendant and a typical mortal, I wonder? There's none! That's the whole point! They're fate-touched mortals who decide to do things - essentially, a few lucky beings amongst untold thousands of other beings. You can't identify them just because they're ascendants - Udil isn't even an ascendant yet, he's just a dwarf with a fancy sword (and a blessing of a god, but you wouldn't know that)!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 25, 2013, 09:30:46 pm »

The difference between a mortal and an Ascendant is the Ascendants are touched by Fate. I think a god knows when a mortal is selected by Fate. Also, yes Udil is an Ascendant, if he wasn't Ardas wouldn't be playing an ascendant!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2013, 09:32:59 pm »

If I may speak up? even though Overgod moves around mortals at the moment, his powers and his proper being is asleep. Hence his influnece on the world should non-existent. Even if he teleports and starts talking, Udil will ignore him as some random guy - mainly because he's squaring off with a giant at this very moment.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2013, 09:35:25 pm »

What I meant was that ascendants were meant to be mortals rising into godhood from scratch - ascending gods. Udil isn't an ascendant yet in that he was still a mere mortal right before receiving the blessing, hardly starting any ascension at all. I get that you missed the subtlety and I apologize for the lack of clarity, but the point remains: he has yet to do anything a god would notice. Fate isn't a divine magic or any kind of magic, it's essentially luck - being chosen by destiny.

Ardas also has a good point - the overgod is theoretically sleeping. He can keep track of the board while playing himself as a dwarven villager while having his main consciousness be asleep while being drained of his powers?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 379