Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400544 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #2250 on: February 26, 2013, 06:21:32 pm »

We all could've acted differently, but the way we did was the way we thought was IC.
Besides, knowledge Jesus will do well with converting; he is a god made manifest, after all.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: February 26, 2013, 06:22:06 pm »

You also don't need an act to disguise as a human...
Maybe it's like a 1 act strength fleshy armor?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: February 26, 2013, 06:25:32 pm »

I need more acts to actually do what I'm planning. I have a normal act and a minor act. It's not a problem to you, as you're fuelled by your own slightly bigger cult and the pantheon. As for me, I have barely any acts. Knowledge is hard to come by in this time of insanity, and even harder to retain, so it does make sense that it is hard to play as the god of it.

Also, what would other gods gain? I'm barely a blip in most god's radars.

I used an act to ensure it was only a guise, not an avatar. Udil and any guy with soulkilling crap can obviously kill me, but a mortal with a sword isn't going to do anything except piss me off with it, as opposed to running me through with said sword and killing the avatar.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: February 26, 2013, 06:27:05 pm »

I need more acts to actually do what I'm planning. I have a normal act and a minor act. It's not a problem to you, as you're fuelled by your own slightly bigger cult and the pantheon. As for me, I have barely any acts. Knowledge is hard to come by in this time of insanity, and even harder to retain, so it does make sense that it is hard to play as the god of it.

Also, what would other gods gain? I'm barely a blip in most god's radars.

I used an act to ensure it was only a guise, not an avatar. Udil and any guy with soulkilling crap can obviously kill me, but a mortal with a sword isn't going to do anything except piss me off with it, as opposed to running me through with said sword and killing the avatar.

You are a God. You could melt an offending mortal's head just by GLARING at them.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: February 26, 2013, 06:31:34 pm »

Doesn't mean I'd be able to if he ran me through with a soulkilling sword or hammered me with Thaneos' hammer of kill everything.

Also, why kill a mortal when you can merely glare at them, giving them a severe headache? It's less messy and fits my dislike of having to fight or spill blood.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:33:39 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: February 26, 2013, 06:32:58 pm »

I'd like to remind everyone that that battle was really close, even with Thaneos' hammer. Mutare almost won.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: February 26, 2013, 06:34:12 pm »

Doesn't mean I'd be able to if he ran me through with a soulkilling sword or hammered me with Thaneos' hammer of kill everything.

Surely, you realise that, as I spoke of mortals, that was in reply to you not needing to spend an Act to protect yourself from mortal assaults on your avatar and not about defending yourself against immortals whom the Act doesn't help you against anyway?

Also, why kill a mortal when you can merely glare at them, giving them a severe headache? It's less messy and fits my dislike of having to fight or spill blood.

That was clearly but an example of what kind of powers you have access to without acts. You could just as easily immobilize them.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:37:36 pm by Azthor »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: February 26, 2013, 06:36:56 pm »

Still, mortal avatars can die. The god itself walking amongst them with a form comfortable for their eyes can't, with the exception of other gods, which I'm trying to avert by converting mortals so I get more acts to fight back if I absolutely need to.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: February 26, 2013, 06:38:46 pm »

I'm like, the least hypocritical of all the Gods; I've never done anything OOC, tried to improve Coastal Lives, and make ninjas assassins!
Well, if we're going by intent, Neyravah was pretty un-hypocritical as well.

I think the Act was more about the spreading-knowledge thing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: February 26, 2013, 06:44:48 pm »

I started the turn with 2 acts and 1 minor act, you started with an act and 2 minor acts, not a big difference
As for hard to play: It's not harder than playing any other god. IMO knowledge is a very versatile and powerful aspect

Still, mortal avatars can die. The god itself walking amongst them with a form comfortable for their eyes can't, with the exception of other gods, which I'm trying to avert by converting mortals so I get more acts to fight back if I absolutely need to.
Death of avatar doesn't equals to death of god (See Jesus) Furthenore,  Jesus died only because he allowed to kill himself...

I think the Act was more about the spreading-knowledge thing.
Yep, but I fail to understand what knowledge does he spread. And I suspect that he will end like Jesus... Why? The area has 2 established religions and one just created an inquisition....

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: February 26, 2013, 06:46:00 pm »

Knowledge of many things, with the promise of more if they worship him.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: February 26, 2013, 06:47:55 pm »

You get:MOAR OLDER MEN;WITH ONLY A FEW MONTHS TO LIVE!
The younger men are too busy living their lives to the fullest, and worshipping Az-Sho

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: February 26, 2013, 06:49:52 pm »

...which still ends up feeding Corvus due to the pantheon system.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: February 26, 2013, 06:55:17 pm »

You get:MOAR OLDER MEN;WITH ONLY A FEW MONTHS YEARS AT MOST TO LIVE!
The younger men are too busy living their lives to the fullest, and worshipping Az-Sho the goddess of lust
FTFY.

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: February 26, 2013, 07:00:01 pm »

You get:MOAR OLDER MEN;WITH ONLY A FEW MONTHS TO LIVE!
The younger men are too busy living their lives to the fullest, and worshipping Az-Sho
Nah, younger men (OK, mostly women) are busy following Vanida and enjoying it

Eversummer has 3 religions:

a) The one that demands to obey the supreme being or get killed by inquisition
b) The one that demands to spend your lifetime learning
c) The one that demands to enjoy life and be free

Why do I think that religion c is the most attractive?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 379