Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400467 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #2445 on: February 27, 2013, 07:00:32 pm »

Fuck it, no more SignAvatar.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: February 27, 2013, 07:03:35 pm »

And there be my answer, Thaneos; you can belay that order to start another war now.

You do realise the implications of fighting Thaneos with your current act pool, right?
You're fighting the overgod with 1 mighty act.

I am fighting an Actless Overgod with two Mighty Acts, get your facts straight.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: February 27, 2013, 07:05:47 pm »

And there be my answer, Thaneos; you can belay that order to start another war now.

You do realise the implications of fighting Thaneos with your current act pool, right?

No, you spent two mighty acts on the featherbling; so you have one left.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: February 27, 2013, 07:08:31 pm »

Yes, guess what? Featherbling = Weaponized Acts. Do you really think me foolish enough to spend two Mighty Acts with the sole purpose of looking fancy?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: February 27, 2013, 07:09:18 pm »

Yes, guess what? Featherbling = Weaponized Acts. Do you really think me foolish enough to spend two Mighty Acts with the sole purpose of looking fancy?
This is Bay12.
Sig! Onol

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: February 27, 2013, 07:09:58 pm »

Point in case, I suppose.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: February 27, 2013, 07:13:53 pm »

FEATHERBLING!! Totally worth it.Blind even the Gods! And Udil! It will burn his Divine Sight away!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: February 27, 2013, 07:35:00 pm »

Well, tense diplomacy hangs in the balance! Will it turn out good? Will someone kill someone? Who is most charming?!
Sig! Onol

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: February 27, 2013, 07:42:33 pm »

Well, tense diplomacy hangs in the balance! Will it turn out good? Will someone kill someone? Who is most charming?!
No. Yes. Me.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: February 27, 2013, 07:48:44 pm »

Feros looked upon the world and mourned inwardly at the state it was in. And he replied to Gren Garnsson:
 'Betray him? You humour me. The slayer of him who gave him strength? The slayer of that gods children? You call this man a godslayer. I name him a kinslayer. But do as you will..... If you see the error of your ways, I will be waiting.'
You tell 'em!

So far the gods been generous with their gifts
Not that it's worked that well for them. Eh, Kinslayer?

((Didn't Mutare preach to every city that he was the actual creator of everything before he got killed?))
Doesn't mean they believed him, and doesn't stop Udil's propaganda.

gman8181
You do a lot of OOC\IC mixing :)
Don't we all?

2) No one messed with his efforts, he had no competitors for dwarven worship
Wrong. Even ignoring Az-Sho for some inexplicable reason, there was me.
...Granted, not a terribly effective competitor, but a competitor nonetheless.

3) He had to unite population of one city, you are going to unite a quite scattered race
A city that wouldn't have existed if not for me...

It would be quite funny if all seaspawn will become hostile to Vanida, then she'll go into "fixing her own mistake" mode
Somehow, this gave me an idea.
Udil got Neyravah's Life sphere...who got Their "Everything Backfires" sphere?
*sees next post*
Either the dragon, the wild god, or Vanida.
Aw, I like most of those...

And Udil killed all the drakes already, I think?
All fangdrakes. Clawdrakes, at least, live on (in numbers too small to sustain a breeding population, sadly), as do presumably other species thereof.

And I doubt your kids will set drakes on him unless he goes through with a localised Armageddon to clear the jungle.
Not sure why we need the jungle to survive, I thought we had grain fields; but ah well.
Didn't I explain this?
Short form, wood and stable biosphere.

Again neither Dwarves nor the Children are in any way reliant on the Jungle. The Children tend vast fields, their own forests of that Embertree stuff and have domesticated the Whipdrakes. Dwarves have plump helmets and trade stuff with the Children...so if the jungle dies all that happens is that the Children get more farming land quicker.
1. Wood.
2. How the heck do whipdrakes, or any other kind of jungle creature, survive in plains?
3. Ecological catastrophe. And don't give me that BS about Neyravah creating an anomaly--with a Major Act (capable of creating all-new planets and biospheres), and a specialty in creating new life, he should have been able to and would have balanced out all the factors to make the whole biosphere as balanced as it ever could be.

On another note named Dwarves aren't fate-touched they are just minor characters to make the updates more interesting to read...
Not even Udil's son?

Most nutrients would be blown away, as "fertile" jungle land is usually less than an inch.
Aye. Deforestation leads to erosion. Erosion leads to nutrient loss. Nutrient loss leads to famine. Famine leads to death. Death leads to fear. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. And I'm pretty sure suffering leads to the Dark Side.
Point is, destroying the jungle will not end well for the dwarves. A final revenge of Neyravah for destroying Them and Their creations.

I think it should be an ecological catastrophe
Also I like it storywise... Kill nature god and face consequences. If I GM'ed I would have started quite long planmetwide infertility for some period just because Elder Goddess of Life got killed
Aye.
Also, Neyravah was a pair of gods. I imagine Them as being "plural" in gender--ie, never mentioned and always written around.

While it may very well be that the Jungle Lands may be infertile and will turn into savannahs or worse, the land around the volacnoe of az-sho will stay untouched due to the fact that volcanic ash makes land more fertile...
A bit yes, but the whole continent was fertile before now. And man cannot live by bread alone--too low protein content. No jungles means no drakes means no meat except fish...which, with the dieoff of coral and such near the Continent as detailed earlier by me and less nutrients from the land after the initial deluge of eroded soil, as well as increased demand for fish, will lead to overfishing. Which means no more fish, which ruins sources of protein and such, which leads to malnutrition and starvation--my bad, more malnutrition and starvation.

Face it, however you look at it, destroying the jungles of the Ninth Continent ain't ending well for the dwarves--no better than the various civilizations who did the same to their environments. Look at the Mayans and the Easter Islanders--and the former had less deforestation, while the latter didn't have as much forest to begin with. Both of those societies had great monuments and artifice, among the greatest of their regions. They slowly destroyed their forests, which lead to massive losses of culture and population. Now consider that the dwarves live in a massive jungle, which is being deforested to levels resembling Easter's by a combination of logging, terrible forest fires, and so forth...oh, yeah, and they rely on the (lost or being lost) fertility of the jungle* for their farms...

*Yes, jungle soils aren't too fertile; however, one can create good farmland by incorporating nutrients from the flora into the soil, and erosion will make these poor soils even worse.

And all of this is ignoring the most obvious and yet most ignored consequence of losing the jungle--no wood. This means much less furniture, no fuel except for paltry fires fed by what grasses and bushes remain (certainly not hot enough to forge metal), no paper, and no constructions that they can't make from nothing but rock (which is more restrictive than it sounds, since most scaffolding is made of wood). Oh, and no ships to try and import things from elsewhere.

In short: Actual science of ecological and sociological varieties indicate that the dwarves are fornicated.

Someone turn this game into a mod.
For what, DF?
Wait until longer has gone on...but aye.

Ardas, you already said you were going to outlaw seaspawn slavery, your coastal dwarves just aren't doing it.  Are you seriously going to let them openly defy you like that?
Yes.

Iaman, why exactly do you need to restrict yourself to old followers?  Attract young ambitious people with promises of power.  Better yet attract people who are already in positions of power with further knowledge to achieve their goals.
It's what he has. His problem is that he can't get more.

Ardas: your weapon can turn out to be catastrophic, I suggest making a less dangerous one
That's stupid advice. If Udil didn't act maliciously, unjustly, and recklessly with only the sheer luck of having happened during the 1.7 Days in Infamy bravely, he wouldn't have made it to demigod status.

You know, there are like, three continents occupied. There's Eversummer, the North, and the Dwarven one. If you take into account that the ninth is uninhabitable and that Azthor landed on another, that still leaves four empty continents for you to take.
The Ninth Continent is the dwarven one. It's uninhabitable because of the ecological devastation Udil is causing to his home.

gman8181, If you create a blatant OOC alliance, at least, please, do it via PMs
If no one acts on it until they meet IC, no harm done.
And PMing it is much, much less ethical. It leads to Celestia-esque issues...

Edit:  Now I'm curious what in game effect would happen if you tried to drive another player character insane.  Would they lose partial control over their character?
No, they'd just act like normal.

HEY GWGWWGWGWGWGWGWGWGWGWG THERE IS A SPOT OPEN FOR A MIGHTY DRAGON!
Ghaz: Is this OK? Pretty please?

"Belay" means he won't.

Oh, and Jbg? You are, indeed, posting a lot in this thread.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: February 27, 2013, 07:51:30 pm »

Agree with all above, though I plan to make the Children a little more self-sufficient in the future.
Sig! Onol

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: February 27, 2013, 08:10:57 pm »

I need more Shade related things... Like more castes, instead of just mindless killing machines; they need dem technologies bro!

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: February 27, 2013, 08:15:23 pm »

Ironically, in that context, belay can be either affirmative or negative; to secure the order or to stop the order. Of course, after Xantalos' declaration as to not wishing to fight Thaneos, there is no longer any space left for semantic questioning; he clearly meant to have the order halted, yes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: February 27, 2013, 08:18:08 pm »

Ironically, in that context, belay can be either affirmative or negative; to secure the order or to stop the order. Of course, after Xantalos' declaration as to not wishing to fight Thaneos, there is no longer any space left for semantic questioning; he clearly meant to have the order halted, yes.
Yep.
Sig! Onol

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: February 27, 2013, 08:19:28 pm »

I need more Shade related things... Like more castes, instead of just mindless killing machines; they need dem technologies bro!
Shade lords?  They make more shades by creating them from darkness and they also lead them?  Not sure how shade lords would reproduce though.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 379