Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400541 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #4080 on: March 07, 2013, 06:36:21 pm »

Is Gren going to become the new Udil?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: March 07, 2013, 06:37:37 pm »

Only time will tell.

Ghaz, can seaspawn tolerate high pressure?  In other words can I bring them deep into the ocean near hot water vents to keep them warm?  Oh and deep water fish to eat too.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: March 07, 2013, 06:38:09 pm »

I am quite curios what Udil wants from Vanida
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: March 07, 2013, 06:38:28 pm »

To kill you and devour your essence for acts?
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: March 07, 2013, 06:42:20 pm »

That's quite possible.

Another option is to rape
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: March 07, 2013, 06:42:27 pm »

Where's the Yakety Sax? Un'Girlan is chasing Aodun who is chasing Gorgonos, but no Yakety Sax?

Polypian

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me sting your ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: March 07, 2013, 06:43:10 pm »

Aodun vanishes into Gorgonos' dimension and resumes His chase [1 Mighty Act and 1 Act].
How do you know it exists? Or how to get there? Or how to survive the churning sea of energy that kills all who enter without Gorgonos' permission?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: March 07, 2013, 06:43:24 pm »

I see Corvus omitted the part about Udil and Az-sho being allies...right up until Udil betrayed him.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: March 07, 2013, 06:44:30 pm »

Oh, right, forgot that. Edited it in.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: March 07, 2013, 06:44:54 pm »

Aodun vanishes into Gorgonos' dimension and resumes His chase [1 Mighty Act and 1 Act].
How do you know it exists? Or how to get there? Or how to survive the churning sea of energy that kills all who enter without Gorgonos' permission?
GODMODIUM.:P

Seriously, soz for double post, but I agree. How does he know?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: March 07, 2013, 06:48:10 pm »

Oh...I thought he was being a protective father crow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: March 07, 2013, 06:48:44 pm »

I thought of something we could do to help A) keep shit from going this bad again and B) deal with our eldrich abomination problem.
To put it simply...
Any of you all ever play Exalted?
Can't say I have, but I've read the TV Tropes page a couple of times...do you mean we should treat the entire current crop of gods as the Primordials?

Dear Ghazkull, the proposed mechanism to let dwarves survive (ie, overfishing) is faulty. Fish wouldn't survive in a darkness so deep it kills off crops. See, pretty much all fish depend ultimately on various types of phytoplantkon, which, due in part to the short life cycles which let them support such a high ratio of animals to plants, are very susceptible to lack of sunlight. Due to their size and lack of large structures like roots, stems, or leaves, dead phytoplankton don't leave as much stuff behind for herbivores to eat when dead, unlike (say) grass, which doesn't lose so much of its nutrient value for the herbivore when a field dies. The fish which don't rely on phytoplankton rely on other kinds of plants, like kelp or zooxanthelle. Therefore, fish won't be doing so well in case of an ashstorm which completely blocks out the sun for weeks or months...or, really, any worldwide event which causes death of crops.
TL;DR: Dwarves--or anyone--fishing their way through the apocalypse doesn't work if farming has failed, or perhaps even if it hasn't.

Oh, and the dying marine life, which was noted once the survival of everyone wasn't at stake? It's really bad. If all marine life goes extinct, that leads to a mass extinction on land as well, leading to life being reduced to insects and the like in essentially the best-case scenario. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND MAKE NEYRAVAH PROUD.
This has been a Public Service Announcement from Someone Who Is Proving He Deserved To Play A God Of Life
As a general note, self important overly large script will be ignored on grounds of lacking maturity.
That was intended to be "Stands-out large script," but point taken.

Furthermore, you are stating the obvious GWG, the whole planet is dying, but i doubt that all life would die in a matter of months. Additional to this fish in the deeper seas also survive without sunlight. I figure they will spread rapidly to more shallow waters once their opposition there is gone. Still life is dying and will die next round.
1. Actually, a whole lot of life would die that fast. After all, how long can you go without eating? And you have whole tissues devoted to storing energy, unlike little monocellular (or few-celled) phytoplankton. After a month or two, a lot of the plants on which everything lives would be dead, either from lack of sunlight or from being eaten (and this is worth noting, because in absence of light very few, if any, plants will be sprouting or growing). Then herbivores will die off, probably faster than normal due to the probable malnutrition--certainly, if we consider the higher energy costs for endotherms due to plummeting temperatures. Then carnivores will die off, although with a bit less malnutrition to fear due to the abundant carrion. Of course, that's assuming that there were enough photosynthetic organisms to maintain all those animals, and given the amount produced by the marine plants, especially the probably-first-to-go phytoplankton...
2. When did I say all that would happen this turn?
3. Deep-sea fishes mostly survive on detritus drifting down from above or (less directly) hydrothermal vents. The former will die once the surface life stops drifting detritus down, although they'll have one last feast, and the latter of course has no reason to spread out and would die if they did so.
4. Dwarves have deep-sea fishing? Since when?

Is Gren going to become the new Udil?
It would be...[tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FullCircleRevolution]amusing[/url]...

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sure thing peanut man!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: March 07, 2013, 06:52:30 pm »

GWG: they have deep sea fishing since the Shattered joined them. Going from the Huge amounts of Earthquakes i wouldn't wonder if the amount of thermal vents has increased massively giving enough deep sea stuff warmth/light to survive. Yet with the ten thousand or so that are fishing they are going extinct quickly.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: March 07, 2013, 06:53:23 pm »

That's quite possible.

Another option is to rape
Sounds like...
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoralEventHorizon
He reached that already.

Also, all those deep sea vents would release some poisonous gas..
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 379