Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400460 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #5085 on: March 20, 2013, 03:35:45 pm »

Somebody? That's your cue.

Also, if Sapt Golgo doesn't pay attention to mortals/lesser divines, why help Udil in the first place?

He called out to the gods for help in killing another Elder God (yummy!), Sabt Golgo made him sacrifice his sight for the priviledge of being her 'agent of change', as you put it, AND she got to eat Neyravah later. She helped herself by helping him.

So if it can be proven that Udil's goals are detremental to Sabt Golgo's...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: March 20, 2013, 03:35:51 pm »

Also, if Sapt Golgo doesn't pay attention to mortals/lesser divines, why help Udil in the first place?

He called out to the gods for help in killing another Elder God (yummy!), Sabt Golgo made him sacrifice his sight for the priviledge of being her 'agent of change', as you put it, AND she got to eat Neyravah later. She helped herself by helping him.
I suppose that makes sense. You really should check out that fleet, though.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: March 20, 2013, 03:36:00 pm »

And now he's got a planet sized weapon capable of firing once to destroy the Ring. Aka the atmosphere of Despair.

Also, megalomania. If someone just asks Corvus to help them persuade Sabt Golgo to attack Udil...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: March 20, 2013, 03:37:26 pm »

And now he's got a planet sized weapon capable of firing once to destroy the Ring. Aka the atmosphere of Despair.
Doesn't that technically mean he feels the atmosphere's pain? There are some gods that can light the very air aflame.
Or lightning.
Or something.
Sig! Onol

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: March 20, 2013, 03:37:55 pm »

Good logic under normal circumstances but don't forget Udil has a spire now.  Mighty Acts every turn means he might as well be an elder god.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: March 20, 2013, 03:40:40 pm »

You know, I kinda like the idea of the Mutarian era being narrated by Neyravah for some reason...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: March 20, 2013, 03:43:05 pm »

Doesn't that technically mean he feels the atmosphere's pain? There are some gods that can light the very air aflame.
Or lightning.
Or something.
Nope, the only gods who would do that in their spheres would be Aur-Sha and Magnus.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: March 20, 2013, 03:55:38 pm »

Im really tempted to change Overgod rules to 3Mighty Acts used/ 1 Turn sleep.  I mean come on at the beginning the turns progressed fast but right now Taricus is never going to play again...

im thinking of shortening his current sleep cycle to two rounds...Thoughts?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: March 20, 2013, 03:57:09 pm »

Unbiased POV, sure.
Biased POV, last time he was in he made Udil supreme justicar........
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: March 20, 2013, 03:58:11 pm »

Make it so, oh high GM.

At least when Un'Girlan kills him it'll be a fight, not a slaughter.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: March 20, 2013, 03:59:17 pm »

I guess that would be fair.  Overgod might get attacked more often though.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: March 20, 2013, 04:04:44 pm »

Im really tempted to change Overgod rules to 3Mighty Acts used/ 1 Turn sleep.  I mean come on at the beginning the turns progressed fast but right now Taricus is never going to play again...

im thinking of shortening his current sleep cycle to two rounds...Thoughts?
Speaking of something, do I have the 7 HP (not that it matters) and the Time Act from wounding Vasvaldi?
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: March 20, 2013, 04:05:28 pm »

You know I was thinkin" if Pantheon was a book, which character would people like best?
They'd feel sorry for poor blundering Neyravah, that's for sure. Everything They did was to try and help mortals save two: The Flamoaks, which helped mortals a lot, and of course dying (which helped MUCH later on).
Probably.

I don't think this would make a very good series. There's really no-one sympathetic and interesting enough (well, Gren is getting shit done now) to act as a protagonist, and Udil would be too much of a Villain Protagonist. Udil would be a good player character for a God of War type of game, though, atleast pre-godhood.
I find Neyravah sympathetic in the same way I'm sympathetic towards a child trying to...do something s/he can't really comprehend. But then, I'm probably biased.
And IMHO, Udil's targets would make God of War even darker than it is.

Not really Vgray. Even I admit that. He's not that sympathetic as a viewpoint character. He's probably be viewed at best as a Byronic hero/hurting hero, by most as a flawed but good intentioned person who's troubled, at worst as a demonic figure of cowardice and paranoia.
Just as Az-SHo could be viewed at best as a caring father figure who wanted to protect his children and was struck down by a trusted ally, at worst a greedy bastard who was consumed with rage and was only put down before he caused greater destruction.
And Neyravah could be viewed as either foolish but loving and managing to make things work put in the end before being murdered by one of his children, or a kindhearted idiot who it's best was killed.

Or lightning.
Or something.
What kind of god/dess would be good at lightning?

You know, I kinda like the idea of the Mutarian era being narrated by Neyravah for some reason...
Thanks, but it would be a bit limited due to Neyravah trying to make Their dwarven project work.

And yeah, let the Overgod act more often.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: March 20, 2013, 04:07:11 pm »

I would be decent candidate for lightning

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: March 20, 2013, 04:16:03 pm »

I would be decent candidate for lightning
Nah, lightning's more than light...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 379