Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 513838 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese-German Military Alliance [North Korea Thread]
« Reply #795 on: April 09, 2013, 11:41:46 pm »

You heard me.
It is like seeing those kids from highschool that you disliked growing up into responsible adults...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #796 on: April 09, 2013, 11:46:27 pm »

You heard me.
It is like seeing those kids from highschool that you disliked growing up into responsible adults...
And North Korea is that one guy throwing cats at everyone.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 09, 2013, 11:49:59 pm »

Well he is certainly threatening to... Not even sure if he actually owns any cats.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 09, 2013, 11:55:48 pm »

You heard me.
Well look at that!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #799 on: April 09, 2013, 11:57:12 pm »

Well he is certainly threatening to... Not even sure if he actually owns any cats.
Obese opossums that resemble cats when viewed at a certain angle.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, Remember, the 10th of....April? [North Korea Thread]
« Reply #800 on: April 10, 2013, 12:29:23 am »

I am referring instead to them packing one of their nukes (a large, radioactive object) onto a truck, boat, etc. and taking it across the border into Seoul, as said nukes are most likely too large to be mounted on a missile.
I don't think North Korea will nuke Seoul. According to North Korean propaganda, they're going to liberate South Korea from American oppressors and reunify the country. Destroying the new capital would be completely pointless. How would they explain it to South Koreans? "We've transformed Seoul into a petrified radioactive crater in order to weed out the hiding Americans"?
(unless Kim Jong-un's goal is to raise his own highscore in Hell by killing as much people as possible)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:41:08 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 10, 2013, 01:53:06 am »

The question I was originally replying to wasn't "will they?", it was "can they?". South Korea or, now that I think about it, China are their only physically possible options IMO.

Nuking S.K. would be stupid for the reasons you described, and nuking China... well, even brass balls as large as Jong Un would need wouldn't save them from the shit that would follow.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:39:37 am by Osmosis Jones »
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #802 on: April 10, 2013, 02:52:36 am »

NK isn't nuking anyone until they're on their deathbed. A nuke has near infinite worth while in the hand but only a limited effect once played. O.o

To clarify, a single nuke.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 10, 2013, 05:55:31 am »

I had some thoughts on this matter.

Official NK propaganda states that ongoing US-SK military drills pose a threat to NK and they are responding to that.

If NK warns all foreign embassies to evacuate from Pyongyang and no one actually bothers to evacuate - does it not send a clear signal to NK that Pyongyang will not be bombed? It can be interpreted differently but in the optimistic "paranoid but not aggressive-suicidal" NK case it could mean to them that they will not be attacked in the near future and could ease tensions a bit.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 10, 2013, 05:57:43 am »

They said South Korea should evacuate of foreigners, not North Korea, and definitely not Pyongyang.

If anything, they'd take it as a slight. "They disrespect us so much that they do not heed our warning?!" kind of deal.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 10, 2013, 07:41:27 am »

They said South Korea should evacuate of foreigners, not North Korea, and definitely not Pyongyang.

If anything, they'd take it as a slight. "They disrespect us so much that they do not heed our warning?!" kind of deal.
Well, no...they actually did tell a number of countries to evacuate their embassies in Pyongyang because they "couldn't guarantee the safety of embassy staff after April 10". Then a few days later they told foreigners to leave South Korea. Y'know, because they're a Good Guy Greg that way.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 10, 2013, 08:29:33 am »

I hear foreign investment in SK is falling as a result of this posturing. Maybe that-s NK's great plan? Passive-aggressively fuck up SK till they get an alm?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 10, 2013, 08:33:18 am »

Don't worry, SKs major source of finance is winnings from starcraft tournaments. As long as the internet stays up, SK will prosper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #808 on: April 10, 2013, 09:00:09 am »

The North Koreans can't win, South Korea's micro is too strong.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 10, 2013, 09:42:37 am »

Don't worry, SKs major source of finance is winnings from starcraft tournaments. As long as the internet stays up, SK will prosper.

They're going to nuke the internet! We must stop them!
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 341