Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 513910 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: -More Information Pending- [North Korea Thread]
« Reply #975 on: April 17, 2013, 09:33:00 am »

The CIA believes they have 10-12 nukes, and while they lie about a lot of things they wouldn't lie about this.
I don't see why not. They're a black ops organization that can wriggle out of most accountability issues on the basis of national secrets, aren't they?
That's not the point. It isn't in their interests to say NK has nukes when they don't. If NK does not have nukes and says it does, then the CIA has the choice to either lie or tell the truth.

If they lie, then they implicitly are helping North Korea by maintaining their threat and allowing the US to look foolish if it ever comes out any other way that they have no nukes.

If they tell the truth, then they make NK look declawed and pathetic on the world stage.
Why does it need to be that the CIA is lying or telling the truth?  Is it impossible that they may simply be wrong?  That is, they assume that the nuclear test was successful.  From there, they analyze the active nuclear processing facilities, the duration for which they have been operational, and the average estimated output given experiences the US and other nations have had with similar processing facilities using similar methods, and identify how much nuclear fuel has been produced; from this, they identify how many warheads can be produced from the amount of material available, and give that as their estimated number.  As for why they'd rather assume that the nuclear test was successful from a pragmatic standpoint, if they claim nuclear warheads and are wrong, then we lose out on the cost of however much food we're putting into North Korea.  If they claim the absence of nuclear warheads and are wrong...well, a lot of people die in nuclear fireballs when the Kim regime starts to fall apart, and a lot of very awkward questions get raised in Langley. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:35:14 am by Culise »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #977 on: April 17, 2013, 03:57:14 pm »

Symbolism happens in a town called Musan. Also, Foreign currency is becoming prevalent in North Korea.
Ah. Delicious progress. Communication and cultural exchange winning over self destructive isolation. WONDERUFUL.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 17, 2013, 04:01:32 pm »

Symbolism happens in a town called Musan. Also, Foreign currency is becoming prevalent in North Korea.
Ah. Delicious progress. Communication and cultural exchange winning over self destructive isolation. WONDERUFUL.
All I can think is that I feel sorry for the poor buggers who are going to end up being made scapegoats for what happened in Musan. 

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 17, 2013, 06:05:35 pm »

One day we'll find out that there has always been a NK resistance, and they're the people who photobomb the Department of Pictures for Glory of Best Korea photos.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 17, 2013, 06:37:07 pm »

i do not envy the motherfucker who gets pinned on him the mess-up in Musan. Our hearts are with you, you sad, confused bureaucrat.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 17, 2013, 07:01:01 pm »

O.K., guys, here's the new conspiracy theory: The bomber in Boston was actually a two-headed clone of Elvis and JFK created by the United Nations One World Order, then taken sent back in time a hundred years to fake the moon landing. He was working for The Illuminati, but then bribed by North Korea's alien overlords.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:08:14 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 17, 2013, 07:02:58 pm »

Needs more United Nations One World Order, taking away guns, fake moon landings, and time travel.

6/10 at best. Your theories need more work.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 17, 2013, 07:03:51 pm »

O.K., guys, here's the new conspiracy theory: The bomber in Boston was actually a two-headed clone of Elvis and JFK, who was working for The Illuminati, but then bribed by North Korea's alien overlords.

Did I leave anything out?
Best thousandth reply possible.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 17, 2013, 07:23:51 pm »

Needs more United Nations One World Order, taking away guns, fake moon landings, and time travel.

6/10 at best. Your theories need more work.
I was trying to include all the current events.

And whether you think it's a good idea or not, gun control is not a conspiracy theory. It was just proposed (and shot down) today. It is (trying to) happen right now. Fortunately (or un-, depending on your view) it was shot down, and we got a great picture of Obama testing Revlon Eye Moistener"crying".
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 17, 2013, 07:24:44 pm »

yaaaay more right wing rhetoric

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 17, 2013, 07:27:30 pm »

Elvis and JFK are current events?

And I wasn't talking about gun control, I was talking about some sort of nationwide blanket confiscation that certain segments of the population endlessly predict.

But y'know, Korea thread, not American Politics thread.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 17, 2013, 07:28:26 pm »

In the morning, I saw a dozen big 50-seater buses loading up people. There was a small sign with the words 'Mobilizing Reserves' on each one. O.o I also saw a jeep/humvee/whatever military car.

I think it's routine, but it's the first time I've seen the buses appear there over a year.
You think anything's gonna happen?
Everyone serves in the military for a year in South Korea, right? Think it's the draft? Though "Mobilizing Reserves" implies it isn't.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 17, 2013, 07:32:01 pm »

yaaaay more right wing rhetoric

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry if I go on a bit about gun control (or lack thereof), it's just that I think that the ability to defend ourselves is important, especially since the courts have ruled that the police are not legally obligated to protect us.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 17, 2013, 07:34:28 pm »

Sorry if I go on a bit about gun control (or lack thereof), it's just that I think that the ability to defend ourselves is important, especially since the courts have ruled that the police are not legally obligated to protect us.

You're chock full of reason.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 341