Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515093 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tolarable Russian Violence Against US Enemy, Obama When Alliance [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #3675 on: December 24, 2015, 02:56:58 pm »

The difference between National law and International law is as such

National law is like a binding contract
International law is like an agreement between frenemies with nukes
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Tolarable Russian Violence Against US Enemy, Obama When Alliance [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #3676 on: December 24, 2015, 03:41:35 pm »

International law is like an agreement between suburban homeowners' associations with nukes
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Even though it wished for death, the UN could never die. [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #3677 on: December 24, 2015, 03:45:52 pm »

...so eventually, they just stopped thinking.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: December 24, 2015, 05:57:02 pm »

Yeah, although in this case it's specifically about refusing to enforce rulings of the European Court of Human Right. (Or is the the European Court of Justice? Whichever belong to the Council of Europe). There is a big one coming about the Yukos case soon, which could end up costing Russia a lot.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: December 24, 2015, 06:18:07 pm »

International law is like an agreement between frenemies with benefits

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: December 25, 2015, 07:42:54 pm »

International law is like 6 year olds playing imaginary battles in the grass and yelling "I hit you! Fall over!" "Nuh uh, you didn't! *runs away*"

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: December 25, 2015, 07:52:50 pm »

So we are doing quote pramids now?
Shame on all of you.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: December 25, 2015, 07:58:00 pm »

It's more like a quote stonehenge: The various parts are altered, added to or subtracted from, but it never really grows beyond level one.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

We're reverting to your regularly scheduled Democratic People's Republic of Korea activities in light of severe attempts to unmask the convenient lies that keep us from collectively witnessing the cold alien specter of true reality beyond the collective veil of ignorance that is shitposting, the last protection of the human race.

Please limit further discussions of the ontological separation "Europe" to topical analysis of North Korea's negotiation process to meet the community acquis.
Not entirely true. You do have NK scientists etc going abroad for conferences, and business travellers going to NK. Until recently, almost all French cartoons were partially made in NK.

I'm surprised there are NK scientists at all tbh  :o

BTW and for the record: resistances are also a problem with viruses. To cite a few examples, there are strains of HSV and CMV resistant to acyclovir.

Also: HIV patients have to take a cocktail of drugs to prevent the rise of HIV strains resistant to antirretrovirals. This is why I am concerned about people afflicted with HIV that take their medication in an irregular manner: it's not just that they're harming themselves; they're also more infectious, and are likely carrying particularily nasty strains of HIV.
YOU DARE DISCUSS YEAR OLD NORK NEWS WITHOUT ME!?
The technological ease in which information spreads (in part due to China's fuckhueg phone and black market phone manufacturing industries being right next door to North Korea) is forcing Kim to adapt and allow more information to North Korea, more in line with China
So before their scientists could make two potato and can now make three potato
Inb4 North Korea thread invades
LIKE A PHOENIX WHO ALWAYS KNOWS, I ARRIVE AS DECLARED IN THE WORDS OF THE PROPHET JOHN LENIN
And not finishing courses / doctors giving out unnecessary medication / livestock medication
The livestock thing is pretty well slanted towards bacterial diseases, I think. And that's all my seriousness for the day used up.
Reverse smallpox revenge. RIP in peace.
So this is how it ends
Look at the bright side of life, at least when it inevitably jumps to France after David "Absolutely Haram" Cameron opens the borders completely about 90% of Cheeki Breeki will be removed world wide. Also, 6/7ths of humanity.

But eyes on the prize here.
I'm detecting high levels of North Korea in this thread. New North Korea thread?
NONE WILL USURP DPRK THREAD TITULAR TITLE, 100% OF DUCHIES OWNED, ABSOLUTE CROWN AUTHORITY, ULTIMOGENITURE MASTER RACE

SITHRACK'S GONNA HAVE TO GET IN FUCKING LINE NOW!

METALSLIMEHUNT HAS JOINED THE COALITION AGAINST YOU

-THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE IRRESISTIBLE COMRADERY OF THE BAY 12 LEGION OF THE PEOPLE'S LIBERATION-
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Today, the Polish president put his signature under a law that cripples the Constitutional Court.
Henceforth, descisions can only be made by the Constitutional Court with a 2/3ds majority, instead of what used to be standard 50%+ majority.

Also, 13 out of 15 judges will henceforth need to be present to make valid descisions, instead of what used to be nine.

Combine this with the fact that two weeks ago, 5 judges that served during the previous government have been fired, and replaced with 5 judges who are loyal to the new government's party, and you can see this will cripple the proper functioning of the controlling task that the constitutional court should have in accordance with the Trias Politica. The five new judges will almost always be able to block any controversial descision that the court wants to make. Either by vote, or by abscence.

To top things off, a new term has been added to the law, for passing a verdict. Henceforth, there need to be minimally three months in between a filed request, and a verdict in the matter. This prohibits the Court's judges from acting quickly if needed.

On the bright side, a lot of Polish people are outraged at this course of events, and it is not expected that this sway from the path of the constitutional state will last very long.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

To the barricades!
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Hussars rap magic fast make all eurocrats cry like noobs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Erdogan Dons The Third Way Fez [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #3688 on: January 01, 2016, 07:39:14 pm »

who thought this was a good idea.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Erdogan Dons The Third Way Fez [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #3689 on: January 01, 2016, 10:58:27 pm »

To be fair, Hitler's Germany did work really well at first. Then it fell prey to the same issues as everything run by somebody who figures the solution to all problems is for them to be in charge of everything forever.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 341